PDA

View Full Version : $305 million for A Rod???

BC Lightning
11-28-2007, 10:29 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ys-gennaroarod112707&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

danielvalles1
11-28-2007, 10:38 PM
Talk about a big ass paycheck. i new he was not going to leave the Yankees. He was just going to say that he was going to look at other teams with a better offer but he new the Yankees would offer him a but load of money. And then every time you ask a baseball player if he does it for the money or for the love of the game they always say for the love of the game:Bullshit they do.

WA 2 FST
11-29-2007, 12:10 AM
I'm glad he did what he did... saves the Texas Strangers $25M in payroll this year. Of course, they won't use it wisely... but at least they aren't paying the Yankees (like they need the $$) for A-Rod to play for them, which is what they've been doing ever since the trade.

WA 2 FST
11-29-2007, 12:15 AM
Talk about a big ass paycheck. i new he was not going to leave the Yankees. He was just going to say that he was going to look at other teams with a better offer but he new the Yankees would offer him a but load of money. And then every time you ask a baseball player if he does it for the money or for the love of the game they always say for the love of the game:Bullshit they do.

I understand what you're saying, but the simple facts are that playing for the Yankees, who will always have the highest payroll of any team (and face it, typically $$ buys you better players), means you will have a better chance of winning a championship. I know they haven't won a WS in awhile, but its just a matter of time. In the American League, going anywhere but NY or Boston is a crap-shoot as far as getting a chance to play for a WS championship. Other teams can compete, but year-in and year-out the Yanks and Red Sox will always have a shot. No one else can say that in the A.L.

So in this case, playing for the love of $$ goes hand in hand with playing to win.

I do agree with you about the "for the love of the game"... but I would then say that each player should get as much as he can "for playing the game he loves." After all, once their production slides or they get seriously injured, they get dropped like a bad habit. I know these guys (as well as most pro athletes in the major sports) get paid _ridiculous_ amounts of $$, but the owners are still the ones making it hand over fist.

danielvalles1
11-29-2007, 12:22 AM
I understand what you're saying, but the simple facts are that playing for the Yankees, who will always have the highest payroll of any team (and face it, typically $$ buys you better players), means you will have a better chance of winning a championship. I know they haven't won a WS in awhile, but its just a matter of time. In the American League, going anywhere but NY or Boston is a crap-shoot as far as getting a chance to play for a WS championship. Other teams can compete, but year-in and year-out the Yanks and Red Sox will always have a shot. No one else can say that in the A.L.

So in this case, playing for the love of $$ goes hand in hand with playing to win.

I do agree with you about the "for the love of the game"... but I would then say that each player should get as much as he can "for playing the game he loves." After all, once their production slides or they get seriously injured, they get dropped like a bad habit. I know these guys (as well as most pro athletes in the major sports) get paid _ridiculous_ amounts of $$, but the owners are still the ones making it hand over fist.
Well, we just have to be happy for A Rod and his success and yea the Yankees have a high pay roll so why not:tu:

danielvalles1
11-29-2007, 12:24 AM
I'm glad he did what he did... saves the Texas Strangers $25M in payroll this year. Of course, they won't use it wisely... but at least they aren't paying the Yankees (like they need the $$) for A-Rod to play for them, which is what they've been doing ever since the trade.
I'm happy that it saves the Rangers some money maybe they will shape up next season.:tu: