PDA

View Full Version : I lost over 100lbs. over night......

BC Lightning
12-03-2007, 05:00 PM
Well not me but the truck did, just ordered this piece, weighs a total of 25lbs.

(the pic is not of mine, but what I ordered)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/MichaelBic38/051.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/MichaelBic38/photo831.jpg

danielvalles1
12-03-2007, 05:03 PM
Cool do you know what its made out off.

BC Lightning
12-03-2007, 05:04 PM
Cool do you know what its made out off.

fiberglass :cool:

I just weighed all of the stock front pieces and it weighed 142 pounds, this piece is right around 25, 30 with the brackets

tiffo60
12-03-2007, 05:05 PM
nice:bows, that help with some weight transfer

danielvalles1
12-03-2007, 05:06 PM
fiberglass :cool:

I just weighed all of the stock front pieces and it weighed 142 pounds, this piece is right around 25, 30 with the brackets
woops i kida figured:icon_redface:

BC Lightning
12-03-2007, 05:11 PM
nice:bows, that help with some weight transfer

Some more metal is being added to the truck as well to help the weight transfer, figure if I'm adding weight around the cab and bed I need to remove as much off the front as possible

tiffo60
12-03-2007, 05:13 PM
how will the head lights and tun signals mount up?

Ohmsby
12-03-2007, 05:14 PM
When I saw the title of this thread I just assumed you were dating someone new:throw:

new clip looks nice.....

BC Lightning
12-03-2007, 05:23 PM
how will the head lights and tun signals mount up?

will look stock, they still will be mounted with the stock grille support

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/MichaelBic38/IMG_0698.jpg

BC Lightning
12-03-2007, 05:24 PM
When I saw the title of this thread I just assumed you were dating someone new:throw:

new clip looks nice.....

I was, but she and I have different ideas of what I should spend my money on, she was thinking her, I was thinking my truck, truck won in the end :d

The front piece is about 6 weeks out, but with everything else needing to be done it should arrive just in time.

they also make fiberglass doors, but since I'm still going to drive my L on the street a lot, I didn't want to get the fiberglass doors

here is a pic of the new rear mounted battery tray:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/MichaelBic38/IMG_0700.jpg

tiffo60
12-03-2007, 05:25 PM
I was, but she and I have different ideas of what I should spend my money on, she was thinking her, I was thinking my truck, truck won in the end :d

gotta keeps it realknana

03LightningRocks
12-03-2007, 06:44 PM
I am curious about that battery tray. I read where all the "cool" guys on NLOC followed each other into that one. If and...for you I do mean IF you actually ever race that truck...and IF you manage to make it run faster than a 12 for the first time...and IF it manages to pull the front wheels up, don't you think there might be some chance of that battery holder wacking the ground, snagging and ripping the damned thing right off the truck?

I guess another way of asking would be, what kind of ground clearance do you have with that debauchery of engineering?

charlie
12-03-2007, 06:52 PM
I am curious about that battery tray. I read where all the "cool" guys on NLOC followed each other into that one. If and...for you I do mean IF you actually ever race that truck...and IF you manage to make it run faster than a 12 for the first time...and IF it manages to pull the front wheels up, don't you think there might be some chance of that battery holder wacking the ground, snagging and ripping the damned thing right off the truck?

I guess another way of asking would be, what kind of ground clearance do you have with that debauchery of engineering?

And on that note....... I like it. Just mount 2 casters on it and call it a wheelie bar. :tongue:

Where did you get the nose piece. I kinda need one.

Charlie

BC Lightning
12-03-2007, 06:59 PM

I waited on a second batch for the reason of all of the NLOC guys who followed the leader and ended up getting a rushed built piece, the powder coating looks really good, and the welds look 100 times better than what some of the NLOC guys posted, but off the top of my head I dont know the clearance, but will measure it tonight, I really have no plans on bringing the front wheels off the ground that much, but will look into bars when its at the shop getting the roll cage installed

Believe me its not a matter of if I ever will race it, but a matter of when, I just ordered a new GT aluminum long block built for the 3.4 Whipple just for you :evil

My truck will not be chopped up, cut up, etc etc etc so you will still be able to place my name above yours when its put back together

BC Lightning
12-03-2007, 07:01 PM
And on that note....... I like it. Just mount 2 casters on it and call it a wheelie bar. :tongue:

Where did you get the nose piece. I kinda need one.

Charlie

I'll get the guys number and send you a PM with all the info

charlie
12-03-2007, 07:04 PM
I'll get the guys number and send you a PM with all the info

:bows

I added up every thing I need to fix mine from the wreck.... If that one piece is less than $1000.00 I might as well just get that.

Charlie

03LightningRocks
12-03-2007, 08:00 PM
Believe me its not a matter of if I ever will race it, but a matter of when, I just ordered a new GT aluminum long block built for the 3.4 Whipple just for you :evil

My truck will not be chopped up, cut up, etc etc etc so you will still be able to place my name above yours when its put back together

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/smells_like_bullshit.jpg

wesman
12-04-2007, 01:00 AM
I waited on a second batch for the reason of all of the NLOC guys who followed the leader and ended up getting a rushed built piece, the powder coating looks really good, and the welds look 100 times better than what some of the NLOC guys posted, but off the top of my head I dont know the clearance, but will measure it tonight, I really have no plans on bringing the front wheels off the ground that much, but will look into bars when its at the shop getting the roll cage installed

Let's keep in mind I'm just waiting for a Gen II to put up a #, that I will then beat......that is all...have fun with your Whipple......I'm still waiting on the daily drivable 10's :evil:evil

BTW- Party at the new casa.......bring your a$$ :evil:evil:beer:

--wes

wesman
12-04-2007, 01:01 AM
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/smells_like_bullshit.jpg

that's what I love about Uncle Rocks...always talking sh!t and keeping it real :rll::rll:

TXLIGHTNING
12-04-2007, 01:21 PM
:rolleyes:
Let's keep in mind I'm just waiting for a Gen II to put up a #, that I will then beat......that is all...have fun with your Whipple......I'm still waiting on the daily drivable 10's :evil:evil

--wes When I first joined the club I actually thought he had a daily drivable 10 sec truck, talk about false information :icon_mrgreen:

BC Lightning
12-04-2007, 01:33 PM
:rolleyes: When I first joined the club I actually thought he had a daily drivable 10 sec truck, talk about false information :icon_mrgreen:

Hmm, well with the new motor and 2.3 whipple at 7* of timing i ran a 7.7x in the 1/8th, whats your best time again do you even have enough power to turn 30" slicks??

since installing the built motor I currently have, I have decided to go a whole new direction with the truck, and believe me when the truck is done, the truck I am wanting to go after is no Gen 2, his is the only worthy competition in my opinion

:popcorn

TXLIGHTNING
12-04-2007, 01:38 PM
Hmm, well with the new motor and 2.3 whipple at 7* of timing i ran a 7.7x in the 1/8th, whats your best time again do you even have enough power to turn 30" slicks??

since installing the built motor I currently have, I have decided to go a whole new direction with the truck, and believe me when the truck is done, the truck I am wanting to go after is no Gen 2, his is the only worthy competition in my opinion

:popcorn :rll::rll:Looks like I touched a nerve there :rll:Well, good luck with your heap.

BC Lightning
12-04-2007, 01:44 PM
:rll::rll:Looks like I touched a nerve there :rll:Well, good luck with your heap.

No nerve touched, just dont know you or care to and zero respect for

I know Ron and Wes very well, I actually do have respect for them so when they post comments like they have I know its all in fun and know what they have done to their trucks to get them to where they are and makes me want to do that much more to my truck

TXLIGHTNING
12-04-2007, 01:52 PM

I know Ron and Wes very well, I actually do have respect for them so when they post comments like they have I know its all in fun and know what they have done to their trucks to get them to where they are and makes me want to do that much more to my truck All I said is that I thought you had a 10sec truck because of your title. The false information part was getting back at you for your previous post about me providing false information :confused:.

03LightningRocks
12-04-2007, 09:17 PM
Now everybody shake hands and let's get back to :throw: BC Lightning. Your both good people. You would probably have fun drinking a beer together.

Wes, BC Lightning and myself have known each other for a few years and feel at liberty to take a few shots at each other now and then. I think Wes maybe took a backhand shot at me:eek:. I don't talk sh!t:flaming:......:d. Wes is still pissed off because I was the first Talon Gen 2 in the ten second club:gatling:. And what's his response:rll:. He puts a bigger blower than mine on his truck and can only beat my time by .043 seconds:rll:..WTF is that all about:rll:? Hell, I think he may have even screwed up his motor doing it.......:throw:.

OK...I'm done "talking sh!t" now...:evil.

wesman
12-04-2007, 09:27 PM
Now everybody shake hands and let's get back to :throw: BC Lightning. Your both good people. You would probably have fun drinking a beer together.

Wes, BC Lightning and myself have known each other for a few years and feel at liberty to take a few shots at each other now and then. I think Wes maybe took a backhand shot at me:eek:. I don't talk sh!t:flaming:......:d. Wes is still pissed off because I was the first Talon Gen 2 in the ten second club:gatling:. And what's his response. He puts a bigger blower than mine on his truck and can only beat my time by .043 seconds:rll:..WTF is that all about:rll:? Hell, I think he may have even screwed up his motor doing it.......:throw:.

OK...I'm done "talking sh!t" now...:evil.

Nah. No shot at you. I just figure you'll be the first to run a time I'll be concerned with, and something that I'll have to shoot for.

Hhehe....bigger blower on less boost and less timing. Let's also look at our suspension differences. I've got some stuff to fix that and get those 60's down from 1.77 down to a respectable 1.5ish and I've got .3 to .4 E.T. right there.......it's all in the MPH :nana2

I've got a lot going on right now, so hopefully early spring I'll have some time/disposable loot to dump into the truck....who knows, may just dump it. I'm not too sure at this point.

The Viper is going in for some surgery soon and I've got a ton of cash tied up in the new house project......ever watch any of those Flip this House shows? That's me....over time and over budget...by a mile :evil:evil

It's all in jest, nothing but love for you fellers!!!

--wes

Mark #2
12-04-2007, 09:58 PM
Hmm, well with the new motor and 2.3 whipple at 7* of timing i ran a 7.7x in the 1/8th, whats your best time

7.35x... 7 year old stock block

wesman
12-04-2007, 10:01 PM

:rll::rll::rll:

03LightningRocks
12-04-2007, 10:03 PM
Nah. No shot at you. I just figure you'll be the first to run a time I'll be concerned with, and something that I'll have to shoot for.

Hhehe....bigger blower on less boost and less timing. Let's also look at our suspension differences. I've got some stuff to fix that and get those 60's down from 1.77 down to a respectable 1.5ish and I've got .3 to .4 E.T. right there.......it's all in the MPH :nana2

I've got a lot going on right now, so hopefully early spring I'll have some time/disposable loot to dump into the truck....who knows, may just dump it. I'm not too sure at this point.

The Viper is going in for some surgery soon and I've got a ton of cash tied up in the new house project......ever watch any of those Flip this House shows? That's me....over time and over budget...by a mile :evil:evil

It's all in jest, nothing but love for you fellers!!!

--wes

:bows.......I would move up to the bigger blower, but after buying three built motors, my desire to go fast has subsided somewhat. A few suspension changes and you will be giving Mr. Hogge a run for his money. Either way...we all know BC Lightning isn't a threat:gatling:. Even if he can put enough power to it to run a 10, who the hell is he going to pay to drive it well enough to run a ten second pass. God knows...he can't drive a 10 second pass....oh sh!t...I did it again:throw:. Sorry Michael...:evil.

For real though, I am just kidding around...:beer:. It's all in good fun. Well, with the exception of Mr. Hogge:mad:...one of these days I am going to get the win light on him. One of these days...:hammer:.

Beaudee
12-05-2007, 08:37 AM

I know Ron and Wes very well, I actually do have respect for them so when they post comments like they have I know its all in fun and know what they have done to their trucks to get them to where they are and makes me want to do that much more to my truck

Think you will get into the 9's when its done http://videos.streetfire.net/category/Ford/2/0a5da042-7efa-4311-b050-9881000dedfd.htm :cool:

BC Lightning
12-05-2007, 11:02 AM

I know you've done it once, but have you come close to this time ever again??? I would say its an accomplishment if you can consistently run this time or close to it

BC Lightning
12-05-2007, 11:04 AM

Wes, BC Lightning and myself have known each other for a few years and feel at liberty to take a few shots at each other now and then......

I used to look up to "Uncle Rocks" because of his vast knowledge of Lightnings, then I realized......... this guy is full of $h!t :evil

BC Lightning
12-05-2007, 11:11 AM
.....Either way...we all know BC Lightning isn't a threat:gatling:. Even if he can put enough power to it to run a 10, who the hell is he going to pay to drive it well enough to run a ten second pass. God knows...he can't drive a 10 second pass....oh sh!t...I did it again:throw:. Sorry Michael...:evil.

Hey no need to apoligize, I actually enjoythe fact that you are so confident that I will never run faster than, and it will be that much sweeter when my name is in front of yours and there is so far of a gap between us that you might just have to sell your truck, I'll be going Hogg hunting soon enough......:evil

Mark #2
12-05-2007, 11:20 AM
I know you've done it once, but have you come close to this time ever again??? I would say its an accomplishment if you can consistently run this time or close to it

I have ~ a dozen slips the mid-7s.

Ohmsby
12-05-2007, 12:36 PM
I got some mid 7 slips in my old 95 clunker I drive.

When is the scheduled finish date for this monster you are building ?

BC Lightning
12-05-2007, 03:22 PM
my guess is first of feb. But it also depends on when things arrive and terry's schedule

BC Lightning
12-05-2007, 03:24 PM
I have ~ a dozen slips the mid-7s.

Are these times with the hallsville mod and taking the bed cover off and seat out??

Ohmsby
12-05-2007, 03:30 PM
:popcorn

Mark #2
12-05-2007, 06:57 PM
Are these times with the hallsville mod and taking the bed cover off and seat out??

None of these times were at Hallsville.

They were:
All with the seat out, bed cover and tailgate off, front runners and slicks.

All with Roush suspension/Hotchkis sway bars/Bilstein shocks.
All with 3.55 gears
All with a stock block.

All with KB 2.3 at 18 psi.
All with 104 to 116 octane gas.

All with with Skoal and beer.

dboat
12-05-2007, 07:39 PM

They were:
All with the seat out, bed cover and tailgate off, front runners and slicks.

All with Roush suspension/Hotchkis sway bars/Bilstein shocks.
All with 3.55 gears
All with a stock block.

All with KB 2.3 at 18 psi.
All with 104 to 116 octane gas.

All with with Skoal and beer.

trailer hitch?

Mark #2
12-05-2007, 08:20 PM
trailer hitch?

No hitch or spare tire.

I will try to diffuse some more questions:

All runs:
Stock brake calipers on
60 lbs of Dynamat in.
Mirrors were out.
Front license plate on.
Bed rug in.
Floor mats out.
Helmut on.
Radar detector off.
CD player on and off.
AC off.
Lights off.
Cruise control off.
OD off.
Rear window open and closed.
Sneakers and socks.

Ohmsby
12-05-2007, 08:41 PM
WTF a front license plate !

Ps I have some mid seven slips from my dsg stock block on street tires

03LightningRocks
12-06-2007, 12:04 AM
This is some funny stuff. Watching BC Lightning talk like he has accomplished something in his truck besides running his mouth. LMAO....let me know when you get her out of the 12's:throw:.

As for nines, do any of you guys really believe you can handle driving a nine second truck when you haven't even driven quicker than 12's. How it normally works is a person slowly makes his ride faster and faster, all the while getting accustomed to driving it faster and faster. You are looking to get yourself killed if any of you think your just going to wake up one day and blast down the track in nine seconds. Keep fricking dreaming. Hopefully Michael doesn't get himself killed hitting the wall.

Ohmsby
12-06-2007, 08:41 AM
9 is another world. I agree with you I think some saddle time is required

I made a pass at about 120 MPH and the big end is a little greasy with the slicks I cant imagine 150/160. $hit tends to go wrong a lot quicker with that kind of power.

see lightning fest 5 for example

Mike I hope your new ride makes a quick pass or the guy's are going to lambaste you:D

BC Lightning
12-06-2007, 09:51 AM
This is some funny stuff. Watching BC Lightning talk like he has accomplished something in his truck besides running his mouth. LMAO....let me know when you get her out of the 12's:throw:.

As for nines, do any of you guys really believe you can handle driving a nine second truck when you haven't even driven quicker than 12's. How it normally works is a person slowly makes his ride faster and faster, all the while getting accustomed to driving it faster and faster. You are looking to get yourself killed if any of you think your just going to wake up one day and blast down the track in nine seconds. Keep fricking dreaming. Hopefully Michael doesn't get himself killed hitting the wall.

I'm not an idiot, I know that launching with this amount of power will be night and day from where I was, I probably will go through a set of slicks going to the track every weekend to practice nailing the tree and getting it to launch perfect before I take you down at the spring classic.

I also do understand the safety issues with running at the speeds it takes to run a solid 10 sec pass, which is why I'm putting a roll cage in it

and to date no my truck hasn't run a sub 12 sec pass yet, I ran into so many problems trying to switch one little thing here, or one little thing there and just got tired of dealing with it and decided to get rid of everything thing that old and put new everything back in, plus I never really liked the 2.6 KB, I liked the 2.3 Whipple more and the truck ran better with the Whipple over the 2.6 KB

BC Lightning
12-06-2007, 09:57 AM

They were:
All with the seat out, bed cover and tailgate off...........

So what is the point of this?? You wouldnt drive like this everyday on the streets, so why do it at the track?? just to get another .10?? unless it is a track only truck

Like I said I still dont view it as an accomplishment, Ron's ( Geez I hate saying this) is to me for the simple fact that he races in the form its driven on the street, if you have to remove a bunch of parts at the track to run a decent time then why not actually add more power or suspenion to the truck??

wesman
12-06-2007, 10:09 AM
So what is the point of this?? You wouldnt drive like this everyday on the streets, so why do it at the track?? just to get another .10?? unless it is a track only truck

Like I said I still dont view it as an accomplishment, Ron's ( Geez I hate saying this) is to me for the simple fact that he races in the form its driven on the street, if you have to remove a bunch of parts at the track to run a decent time then why not actually add more power or suspenion to the truck??

Shot at Ron :evil....here we go .....when was the last time you saw that truck on the street? :rll::rll::rll:

--wes

Silver_2000
12-06-2007, 10:10 AM

I'm confused - a fake lightweight fiberglass front clip, fiberglass springs and roll cage is considered everyday street driver material yet Mark removing some weight isnt ? Wow ..... :icon_eek:

Keeping in mind that Mark hasnt reinstalled his pass seat in a long time AND does drive his on the street a heck of a lot more than Ron I would have to disagree with your assessment of which is the street truck.

BC Lightning
12-06-2007, 10:12 AM
I'm confused - a fake lightweight fiberglass front clip, fiberglass springs and roll cage is considered everyday street driver material yet Mark removing some weight isnt ? Wow ..... :icon_eek:

Keeping in mind that Mark hasnt reinstalled his pass seat in a long time AND does drive his on the street a heck of a lot more than Ron I would have to disagree with your assessment of which is the street truck.

If you can drive it on the street, its still a street truck, after the cage, fiberglass front clip, etc etc, I will still drive it to and from work in FT Worth

BC Lightning
12-06-2007, 10:13 AM
Shot at Ron :evil....here we go .....when was the last time you saw that truck on the street? :rll::rll::rll:

--wes

hmmm its been awhile

Silver_2000
12-06-2007, 10:33 AM
If you can drive it on the street, its still a street truck, after the cage, fiberglass front clip, etc etc, I will still drive it to and from work in FT Worth

So its ok for you and Ron to permamently remove weight and make what ever changes you like but Mark temporarily removes some weight from his much closer to stock street truck and you cry foul ... Must be a rosy view from where you stand

BC Lightning
12-06-2007, 11:02 AM
So its ok for you and Ron to permamently remove weight and make what ever changes you like but Mark temporarily removes some weight from his much closer to stock street truck and you cry foul ... Must be a rosy view from where you stand

Exactly, whats the point of temporarly removing weight just to run a .10 faster, just to put it back on??

Mark #2
12-06-2007, 11:29 AM
Exactly, whats the point of temporarly removing weight just to run a .10 faster, just to put it back on??

Generallly to win, it is called racing.

Silver_2000
12-06-2007, 11:45 AM

Funny
In your opinion Its better to throw cubic dollars at replacing all the stock parts to replace them with lighter ones that LOOK stock than to just remove some unneeded weight. The end result is exactly the same - hopefully going a little faster than you would other wise. Its funny that in your opinion the best way is the most expensive way.

This does sound a bit like the 12 year olds that are bench racing talking about their dads truck. Neither them nor their Dad have EVER run a fast number but they are talking a whole bunch about whats going to happen when. And taking shots at people that have already been there and done that ...

03LightningRocks
12-06-2007, 12:16 PM

--wes

Uhhh...yesterday;). I drive the thing all the time. I am a bit hesitant to take it where it has to sit in a parking lot, because of what happened to Doug. The day Dougs truck was stolen, I came out of Sams to see two guys sitting in a black F150 looking at my ride. They looked right at me as I was walking toward them, said something to each other and hauled ass out of the parking lot. The sh!t heels where about to either steal my Lightning or where considering steeling the wheels.

Anyway...yes, I drive my Lightning all the time. It's my fun vehicle:D.

03LightningRocks
12-06-2007, 12:44 PM
I have an opinion about all this. To me, street means, can it pass an inspection and be registered to drive on the street.

That is a different conversation than ready to race. I don't drive around town with a race tune, C16 fuel and 23lbs of boost. I have done this but it is pointless as there is no way to utilize this kind of power on public roads. I drive around with a street tune, 93 octane and about 14lbs of boost. It still breaks the tires loose if I try to give it all she has. I bet my truck is capable of 11.5's in it's street form. When I am going to the track I drain the tank, put pure C16 in it, throw the small pulley on which brings it up to about 22-23 lbs of boost. I don't take off my tailgate and take out my seat and pull the cover off...because I am lazy and don't give that much of a sh!t about gaining a couple tenths.

Mark goes to the track, throws a race tune on it, maybe increases boost, takes some weight off, puts on slicks and is ready to race.

Other guys do similar stuff. Nothing wrong with that. Like Mark said...it's called racing. Anybody that was on the way to a street race, would do mods to be ready for the ultimate speed their truck or car would run. Doing temporary changes to a ride for a race is quite common.

One more issue to address. My truck weighs 4850lbs with me in it. I'm not sure where anyone got the idea that I had reduced my weight somehow. Two parts are off my truck. The hitch and the front sway bar. I bet the two hundred lbs of steel used in my roll bar canceled out that reduction.

Shiner1
12-06-2007, 12:59 PM
Just thought I'd throw in my opinion here. I always enjoyed the fact that I could drive to the track, throw on some slicks, run a good time (7.6 - 1/8th) and drive it home and to work the next day. I always thought I had a reasonably fast street/race truck. The only changes was the slicks.

wesman
12-06-2007, 01:57 PM
Uhhh...yesterday;). I drive the thing all the time. I am a bit hesitant to take it where it has to sit in a parking lot, because of what happened to Doug. The day Dougs truck was stolen, I came out of Sams to see two guys sitting in a black F150 looking at my ride. They looked right at me as I was walking toward them, said something to each other and hauled ass out of the parking lot. The sh!t heels where about to either steal my Lightning or where considering steeling the wheels.

Anyway...yes, I drive my Lightning all the time. It's my fun vehicle:D.

Damn...I've got stated value insurance on mine....I wish someone would steal it :evil:evil

--wes

03LightningRocks
12-06-2007, 03:29 PM
Damn...I've got stated value insurance on mine....I wish someone would steal it :evil:evil

--wes
:threadhijack
I have been wanting to find out how that works. I am absolutely paranoid about my Lightning getting stolen because I know the insurance company isn't going to want to pay me what the truck is worth with the mods.

Stated value means you tell them how much you want and they write up the policy for that amount? I could for instance tell them I am wanting 60K if the truck is stolen and I am covered? What's something like this cost?

toddwarren
12-06-2007, 04:15 PM
Big Ron I have one on my 68 Mustang convertible and it is dirt cheap I think I pay 340.00 per year for a 25,000 policy! I have a friend that sells the stuff it is from Hagerty!!

99WhiteBeast
12-06-2007, 04:58 PM
Big Ron I have one on my 68 Mustang convertible and it is dirt cheap I think I pay 340.00 per year for a 25,000 policy! I have a friend that sells the stuff it is from Hagerty!!

Hagerty won't insure a L though. Not old enough. I tried with my 93 and its not old enough either.

03LightningRocks
12-06-2007, 05:15 PM

Hagerty won't insure a L though. Not old enough. I tried with my 93 and its not old enough either.

OK then...steeerike one and two. Wes...care to share your hook up info?

Silver_2000
12-06-2007, 05:45 PM
Many companies will do stated value or low mileage insurance

03LightningRocks
12-06-2007, 05:59 PM

Guess I'll make a couple calls tomorrow.

Ohmsby
12-06-2007, 10:26 PM
good news I have convinced mike to switch that beast to right hand drive I am now sure his truck will be fast

FRDRCING
12-06-2007, 11:43 PM
good news I have convinced mike to switch that beast to right hand drive I am now sure his truck will be fast

Yeah and he may even look into delivering some mail:evil

L8 APEX
12-07-2007, 12:13 AM
I told him to do center drive like the McLaren F1 so he could carry a girl on each side...

BC Lightning
12-07-2007, 12:21 AM
I told him to do center drive like the McLaren F1 so he could carry a girl on each side...

I like the way you think terry!!!

Mark #2
12-10-2007, 09:04 PM
Like I said I still dont view it as an accomplishment,

You are loosing 100 lbs "overnight" with a front clip.
More like 3-6 months.

I loose or gain ~200 lbs in 30 minutes.

Fastest stock block in Talon...accomplishment?

....new favorite word in Talon..."whatever".

BC Lightning
12-11-2007, 01:45 AM
You are loosing 100 lbs "overnight" with a front clip.
More like 3-6 months.

I loose or gain ~200 lbs in 30 minutes.

Fastest stock block in Talon...accomplishment?

....new favorite word in Talon..."whatever".

Honestly I really don't, what have you done in the last "7 years" to continue to run mid to low 11's (11.0-11.3 low, 11.4-11.6 mid, 11.7 - 11.9 high). at least in 3 months everything will be permanent and I wont be the loser at the track taking parts of the truck off just to maybe run .10 faster, it will be driven to the track, slicks put on and raced, then driven home, and driven in daily driver form, nothing removed

all the times I have personally seen your runs, they came no where close to your posted time :rolleyes:

L8 APEX
12-11-2007, 05:27 PM
It is about time to dial up the Kressler mobile again. It has been years since the posted quick trip. Fear and common sense have kept her slowed down since that run:icon_idea: We may have to get Ron to move that pass to the history/hall of fame column:D. That new engine is going to rot or something...

Silver_2000
12-11-2007, 05:35 PM
Honestly I really don't, what have you done in the last "7 years" to continue to run mid to low 11's (11.0-11.3 low, 11.4-11.6 mid, 11.7 - 11.9 high). at least in 3 months everything will be permanent and I wont be the loser at the track taking parts of the truck off just to maybe run .10 faster, it will be driven to the track, slicks put on and raced, then driven home, and driven in daily driver form, nothing removed

all the times I have personally seen your runs, they came no where close to your posted time :rolleyes:
Funny

past accomplishments being minimized by someone who is just hoping to, going to, soon, working on it, should run, going to be

Even if its 10 years ago having done it means more to me than someone who is bench racing and credit card racing.

These posts might come back to haunt you if/when your promised beast makes its first run...

BC Lightning
12-11-2007, 07:35 PM
Funny

past accomplishments being minimized by someone who is just hoping to, going to, soon, working on it, should run, going to be

Even if its 10 years ago having done it means more to me than someone who is bench racing and credit card racing.

These posts might come back to haunt you if/when your promised beast makes its first run...

Blah blah blah

Who is credit card racing?? mine are paid in full every month, no balance, If you dont have the cash to pay for it you shouldnt put it on a credit card. Only reason I put thecharges on my credit card is to gain the reward points, as soon as the charges were posted, I paid them in full online

Mark #2
12-11-2007, 08:07 PM
Okay...enough bench racing BS for me.

BC when you beat my time.:tu:

Silver_2000
12-11-2007, 08:16 PM
Blah blah blah

Who is credit card racing?? mine are paid in full every month, no balance, If you dont have the cash to pay for it you shouldnt put it on a credit card. Only reason I put the charges on my credit card is to gain the reward points, as soon as the charges were posted, I paid them in full online

The point was all you have done so far is whip out your credit card and run your mouth ...

:tu: for paying it off every month

As Mark said - it will all mean more when/if you run a decent number

It just rubs me the wrong way to see someone who hasnt done it but has plans/fantasies of doing it a certain way. Minimizing the accomplishments of someone that has already done it, simply because they took a different approach.

wesman
12-12-2007, 01:00 PM

Weird, don't get updates on this thread sometimes, anyway, I have stated value from USAA. I provided them with the $$ amount I put into it, and the value of the car itself and that's what it is insured for.

--wes