ZeusSVT
12-09-2007, 06:01 PM
Just thought I would share. This is hilarious....and so so TRUE. :rll:

http://news.dallasobserver.com/2007-11-29/news/douchebags-in-the-mist/

dboat
12-09-2007, 07:39 PM
Just thought I would share. This is hilarious....and so so TRUE. :rll:

http://news.dallasobserver.com/2007-11-29/news/douchebags-in-the-mist/

whew, what a long read.. but pretty good.. this has been going on for a long time though.. even when I was that age..

I never could understand how some guys had the cars, clothes, etc.. :ron:until I met a girl that she was like that and had $25,000 on credit cards.. I almost had an anxiety attack.

Dana

Silver_2000
12-09-2007, 07:52 PM
Lol
I know at least 4 people that are exactly like this

Hell I could be seen as one now - My Car cost 1/3 of my house - if I had bought a 3 series BMW I would really be worried - The car can write checks the house cant cash .... LOL
But I dont have any credit card debt ....

Mark #2
12-09-2007, 08:35 PM
From that long read... one for Terry.

Dallas-Fort Worth consistently ranks among the lowest nationally when it comes to credit scores.

Texas' average, 666, is the lowest in the country...

mikelemoine
12-09-2007, 10:38 PM
Dana a couple of my best friends in my 20s were the same way. Always had new cars and nice furniture, I thought they made a lot of money. Then one day they declared bankruptcy and had a $120K chargeoff on credit cards alone. They also ended up getting foreclosed on because they couldn't make their second mortgage payments (they got it to pay off $45K in credit cards)....

dboat
12-09-2007, 11:20 PM
Dana a couple of my best friends in my 20s were the same way. Always had new cars and nice furniture, I thought they made a lot of money. Then one day they declared bankruptcy and had a $120K chargeoff on credit cards alone. They also ended up getting foreclosed on because they couldn't make their second mortgage payments (they got it to pay off $45K in credit cards)....

I would have a heart attack.. I just couldnt live that way.. I did charge my timeshare to my credit card but I knew that I was coming home and getting a much better loan from the bank.. plus it gave me a bunch of airline miles..

Dana

mikelemoine
12-10-2007, 12:16 AM
That makes sense, so long as you pay it off before they nab you with high interest. Worst thing is my friends ended up buying another house within 5 years, and are again having trouble paying for it. They got an ARM interest only loan even though I tried to talk them out of it. Great friends, but not so smart when it comes to money....

03LightningRocks
12-10-2007, 01:27 AM
That was funny. I didn't know that this area had the lowest average credit scores. I have often wondered how so many people are driving around in 50K plus vehicles. I just assumed allot of them where doing lease deals. No doubt about it though. We do have more than our share of pretentious ass hats living in this area. It's fun to occasionally see them struggling in a nice restaurant or at the department store when the credit card gets declined. It should be interesting to see where it all goes over the next 10 years or so.