PDA

View Full Version : TMS 1/4 mile

Ohmsby
12-17-2007, 04:51 PM
Word on the street is TMS is going to build a world class IHRA drag facility to accompany their existing inventory. It will be located adjacent to the big roundy round.

I know one of the contractors who is bidding on a portion of the work

if this is old news flame suit on:tex

tiffo60
12-17-2007, 04:53 PM
Word on the street is TMS is going to build a world class IHRA drag facility to accompany their existing inventory. It will be located adjacent to the big roundy round.

the rumors have been around for a while but there werent any real dates put to it, nice to here there moving forward with the project.

I wonder if it will only be 20 bucks to run on the weekends:rolleyes:

danielvalles1
12-17-2007, 04:59 PM
If you build it they will come.:tex

Mark #2
12-17-2007, 05:55 PM

Bruton Smith appears to be trying to take over drag racing now.
http://cranialcavity.net/fullthrottle/wp/index.php/bruton-smith-eyes-another-drag-strip

He owns TMS too.

wesman
12-17-2007, 06:11 PM
Been rumored years ago, hopefully they're actually gonna do something.

--wes

Mark #2
12-17-2007, 06:37 PM
BRUTON SMITH HOT ROD ASSOCIATION?
http://www.dragracingonline.com/agent1320/images/smithforce.jpgMotorsports Tycoon Bruton Smith is taking more than a casual interest in drag racing. He has given his staff at his Ft. Worth NASCAR plant the go-ahead to build a dragstrip on the premises. You can bet Billy Meyer doesn't welcome that news. When the track at Ft. Worth is complete he will then have four National Event sites to run drag races on: Sonoma, Las Vegas, Bristol, and Ft. Worth. One rumor that has been floated is that Mr. Smith may look into the possibilities of fronting an eight race circuit of his own. It is well known that Smith at one time looked into buying NHRA and has talked to people in the industry about having his own sanctioning body. A Smith backed sanctioning body is just a rumor but a very intriguing one and just the thought of Bruton Smith doing this could make the boys in Glendora very nervous.

And some history
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4182/is_19990722/ai_n10130431/pg_1

dboat
12-19-2007, 11:17 AM
I remember reading or hearing about this possibility a while back but not with the IHRA, NHRA only.. should be interesting.. I thought that I remembered that he was trying to work out something with the guy in Ennis..

Dana

Ohmsby
12-19-2007, 01:41 PM
looks like this is going to happen at TMS I am excited a 1/4 mile track close to the house

I am sure it will be a world class venue as well

WA 2 FST
12-19-2007, 01:54 PM
Yes, this would be awesome. So much better than heading to Ennis and certainly to some of the smaller tracks.

I'm sure it will be crammed at first, but maybe they'll charge $20-30 for a Test N Tune... that will weed out some (but probably not many). I know I would pay extra to go a few times a year to a world-class facility.