PDA

View Full Version : Masterlock Starter Sentry

FRDRCING
12-29-2007, 10:38 PM
Just saw this on Speed channel show "SEMA Las Vagas".

http://www.mastersentryseries.com/starter/index.shtml

Would be interesting to get one and see how well it realy works.

charlie
12-29-2007, 11:19 PM
$150.00 ?

Not too bad if it works. But I would hang on the the relay that is removed, just in case the remote failed.

Charlie

dboat
12-30-2007, 05:41 AM
They dont list anything as new as my Caddie or newer than 2006, however, they dont list the Suzuki Grand Vitara in there either.. :icon_frown:

Dana

Chris94L
12-30-2007, 11:09 AM
I'd rather just use my alarm system with multiple interrupts.

charlie
12-30-2007, 11:51 AM
Just hide a kill switch under the dash, or pull a fuse. Most pro's will abandon a theft if it takes them longer than expected to get the car started.

Charlie

Chris94L
12-30-2007, 11:55 AM
I'm thinkin most pros are gonna hook up and take off without trying to get the car started.

gbgary
12-30-2007, 12:26 PM
that's well worth $150. that is how the vette's system is, only more detailed...no key. walk up, get in, push button to start.

Silver_2000
12-30-2007, 01:51 PM
Just hide a kill switch under the dash, or pull a fuse. Most pro's will abandon a theft if it takes them longer than expected to get the car started.
Charlie

Except for people too lazy to pull a fuse every time

Just like backup the only good security is security that doesnt take any user input

charlie
12-30-2007, 07:02 PM

Just like backup the only good security is security that doesnt take any user input

Thats true, but for us cheap S.O.B.'s Pulling the fuse works.

Charlie

99WhiteBeast
12-31-2007, 02:02 PM

I bought this on the intention of using it all the time. I must admit I don't use it enough-lazy factor like you mentioned.
http://www.autolock.com/Unbreakable_Auto_BL.htm

L8 APEX
12-31-2007, 08:12 PM
I have stayed in some bad places while traveling etc. I have pulled the fuel pump fuse, solenoid wire under the hood, coil wire old school etc.

Beaudee
01-01-2008, 08:54 PM
Nice find,i like it.:tu:

dboat
01-01-2008, 10:39 PM
Saw it on a SEMA show that I had recorded today.. they also have a vehicle break in alarm and a towing alarm.. with a soon to come, contents alarm.. simple products that just might slow someone down or at least make them move on to the next car/truck to find something to steal. I dropped them an email to see when they would have this for my cars, lets see where they are on that one.

Dana

Mark #2
01-02-2008, 06:58 PM
I have stayed in some bad places while traveling etc. I have pulled the fuel pump fuse, solenoid wire under the hood, coil wire old school etc.

I had 3 ignition kill switches in the 69 Torino.
Hood was chained and padlocked, fake coil wire(no conductor).
Emergency brake pedal was drilled and padlocked in the down position.

Still got stolen.
If they want it... it is gone.

But I am installing kill relays in the K5 since I have the whole dash apart to get the stock radio out, it is incredible how big/heavy it is, I think it has tubes in it.

L8 APEX
01-02-2008, 08:42 PM
You need to weigh that head unit! I bet it has scrap value. If I recall right you have to cut on the dash to get a new style radio in it.. I remember my old 88 and 93 trucks had a 3 or 4 piece stereo system in the dash. A head unit, amp/receiver, and optional cassette player with EQ. Richness!

Beaudee
01-02-2008, 08:43 PM
I bought this on the intention of using it all the time. I must admit I don't use it enough-lazy factor like you mentioned.
http://www.autolock.com/Unbreakable_Auto_BL.htm

I saw those,cant the thief just use the emergency brake.Other than no brake lights it would be drivable.:tex

L8 APEX
01-02-2008, 08:53 PM
I saw those,cant the thief just use the emergency brake.Other than no brake lights it would be drivable.:tex
Without brakes it won't shift out of park. Also most ebrakes won't stop a vehicle but merely secure it while stopped.

Mark #2
01-02-2008, 09:07 PM
You need to weigh that head unit! I bet it has scrap value. If I recall right you have to cut on the dash to get a new style radio in it.. I remember my old 88 and 93 trucks had a 3 or 4 piece stereo system in the dash. A head unit, amp/receiver, and optional cassette player with EQ. Richness!

7 lbs,
No hacking, got one of these.
http://www.oldcaraudio.net/721763.html