PDA

View Full Version : running lean!!

RSVT
01-05-2008, 12:37 PM
check engine lights on and it says fuel system lean (bank 1 & bank 2) :confused:
do i jus need to retune it or what:confused:

wesman
01-05-2008, 01:07 PM
check engine lights on and it says fuel system lean (bank 1 & bank 2) :confused:
do i jus need to retune it or what:confused:

Are you selling lean or is lean wanted ????I don't get it :tex

--WES

Silver_2000
01-05-2008, 02:17 PM
Are you selling lean or is lean wanted ????I don't get it :tex

--WES

Moved

RSVT
01-05-2008, 02:19 PM
sorry wrong section

WA 2 FST
01-05-2008, 02:31 PM
Check all your vacuum connections. If there is a vac leak, you will throw those codes. Same with all the connections from the MAF to the throttle body and upper plenum.

With a vac leak, you're getting unmetered air into the engine, and therefore it is running leaner than the computer thinks it should be... the computer richens the mixture as much as it can, and after a given threshold (typically 25% over the base setting), it will throw that code.

Checking the vacuum lines and connections is the best place to start from my experience.

slick-svt
01-05-2008, 09:14 PM
When mine had that code fuel pressure was low due to a fuel pump going south.....

tiffo60
01-07-2008, 09:02 AM
Check all your vacuum connections. If there is a vac leak, you will throw those codes. Same with all the connections from the MAF to the throttle body and upper plenum.

With a vac leak, you're getting unmetered air into the engine, and therefore it is running leaner than the computer thinks it should be... the computer richens the mixture as much as it can, and after a given threshold (typically 25% over the base setting), it will throw that code.

Checking the vacuum lines and connections is the best place to start from my experience.

+1000

this would be the first thing i checked into