PDA

View Full Version : What did you/Lightning get from Santa?

Tony2000
12-26-2002, 11:13 AM
-one set of probe pistons,
-one remote control Lightning(I'm working on sending it to the body shop to get painted) :burnout:

and a few more stuf:banana: :banana: :banana:

Red2002
12-26-2002, 11:16 AM
I too got the New Bright R/C Lightning.

I also received a cowl hood from Cervini's for the real Lightning.

Got a number of gift certificates, chocolates, pictures of my new nephew, a Sonicare toothbrush (awesome), and some other Christmassy-type small things.

Logan
12-26-2002, 12:11 PM
I got the best gift I could hope for...

The wonder in not one, but both my little girls eyes, at not the gifts under the tree, but the glorious sound wrapping paper makes when they get their little hands on some... :D

98Cobra
12-26-2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Red2002
I too got the New Bright R/C Lightning.

I got one of those too! Its pretty kick ass. I am going to be rearranging the sloppily placed stickers on it though.

I also got MechAssault for Xbox, Xbox Live, Starfleet Command III for PC, buncha clothes, $120, Mike Modano jersey, Robotech complete DVD collection, Band of Brothers on DVD, a KVM switch, and misc. other little goodies.

:banana:

Sixpipes
12-26-2002, 02:05 PM
Go_rila got all the good stuff; stainless exhaust tips (currently on their way from Florida), 90mmMAF, Swanson's new intake setup, fuel filter, cam covers, and radiator cover (still needs some cosmetic work.

Mostly got clothes and golf balls, NFL 2003 Fever (Xbox), some gift certificates, a few CDs, and misc goodies.

Weird Christmas though since my youngest wasn't home on Christmas morning. First time in family history that we have not spent the holidays together. Ate way too much. Promised myself I would get my mountain bike out and ride it this weekend sometime. I'll have to fix the flats first. :cool:

Logan
12-26-2002, 02:05 PM
MechAssault rules... and that coming from a PS2 guy... :)

I've been playing all the Mech 4 and Merc's title lately for PC...

Sixpipes
12-26-2002, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Logan
MechAssault rules...

So how about Halo? I'll probably be going Xbox live soon. May a little Mech or Halo grudge match?
:cool:

98Cobra
12-26-2002, 02:11 PM
I haven't even cracked open MechAssault yet, maybe tomorrow. I want to play it a *little* before I sign up online to get my ass kicked by 12-year olds everywhere. :D

J.D. Blackwell
12-26-2002, 03:54 PM
Man, I haven't played a video game in 6 years. I guess I don't know what I am missing.

All I got was a couple Tommy long sleeves and a $500 gift certificate to Cavender's. Guess I will be heading there soon for some new Wrangler's, shirts, boots, and new cowboy hat.

YYYYYEeeeeeeeee HHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAWWWWWW

Oh I bought myself a new Military issue 12 guage shotgun that holds 9 shells. lol. Boy, I have been having some fun with that.

Silver_2000
12-26-2002, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Sixpipes
So how about Halo? I'll probably be going Xbox live soon. May a little Mech or Halo grudge match?

Need to get the X box live...

Spent the week getting my butt kicked by my brother in PS1 NHL 2002 and Kicking him all over the track in Gran Tourismo 2.

Halo - TALON frag fest sounds like fun...

Maybe we should ask Pugsleys Library....if we could bring an X box or 2 in for a meeting and have a live fragfest ....

Doug

andy_cain
12-27-2002, 02:32 AM
Hard as it is to believe, I got the beast some new soft 100% white Polo towels to polish her with, and a pretty little blanket to keep her bottle warm for feeding time.
Also got an upright Craftsman tool box on wheels and a complete set of Meteric and standard deep Craftsman sockets as well as the Craftsman offset ratchet box end wrentches in both metric and standard...and a check from the wife to pay for my Truck Trak traction bars:burnout:
Now just a few more mods and I will be done...QA1's (12 way)a, powercooler, Bassani high flow cats, Snubber kit for the traction bars, Hoosier 28X11.5X16 true slicks (selling my MT 26X11.5X16's if anyone needs a pair), Line lock kit, Dynomat the interior, New air filter, additional 10# NX bottle with warmer and blanket, fog light mod, 3:73 gears, rear end cowling cover, Recaro seats and center console, Kenwood KVT911 DVD and replace my (2) amps for a single 5 channel Alpine MRVF450, new plugs (Denso IT24's again)...and lastly toying with the idea of both Laser cloaking and an Art Carr Converter, and maybe a tastefull wing for the back of the snug lid.:beer:
Where is that Christmas bonus check???

Razor
12-28-2002, 12:59 PM
I bought the wifey an XBOX for Xmas...yes the wifey! Along with a few games. Splashdown, Winter X snowboarding, Splinter Cell And Blinx. I myself am a PC/ counter-strike guy.;)

Silver_2000
12-29-2002, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Sixpipes

Halo isnt Xbox live enabled ....http://talon.svtlightnings.com/forum/images/icons/icon13.gif

http://www.xbox.com/LIVE/xboxlive-games.htm

98Cobra
12-29-2002, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_;)!
Halo isnt Xbox live enabled ....http://talon.svtlightnings.com/forum/images/icons/icon13.gif

http://www.xbox.com/LIVE/xboxlive-games.htm

Doesn't matter... :D

http://www.gamespyarcade.com/tunnel/

jmlay
12-29-2002, 06:23 PM
It is great when the wife has the same taste as you. This allows you to buy her the gifts you would like. Still need to get the high score save prom.

http://12.238.165.105/image/galaga.jpg

TXBLU
12-30-2002, 06:55 PM
Magnaflow Stainless Cat-back exhaust sytem. 30 minutes later it was on my truck and sounding awesome!!!

:nana2

L8 APEX
12-30-2002, 08:53 PM
How did it line up? The one I ordered for Mark#4 was not perfect.:flaming:

blueoval01
12-30-2002, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
How did it line up? The one I ordered from Mark#4 was not perfect.:flaming:

Not "from" Mark #4, but FOR Mark #4 ... still looks good and sounds great!
I knew it was a "test" situation up front, so it's tough for me to complain ...... still like the sound though ....

AND, doesn't in any way reflect on Terry's expertise......

AhhhHaaa . regardless of Terry's dis-satisfaction .... nothing has come loose :D

TXBLU
12-30-2002, 09:11 PM
Well, you gotta disconnect the bolt that holds the pipes together in front of the cats, tweak the dog-doo out of 'em to line up to the new pipes, then tweak on the new pipes a little to hold them in place while you tighten it all up. Oh yeah, the stock pipe clamps seem to be a bit stouter than the ones from Magnaflow ( I snapped one really easily) and the rear-most hanger bracket came loose at the frame mount after a few miles, but it was a no kidding 30 minute job. I have about 300 miles on them now and ( except for the hangar mount) nothing has come loose at all.

Oh, did I mention that it sounds much, much better now?:burnout:

L8 APEX
12-31-2002, 01:33 AM
I still prefer my cutom built units by cost alone. A custom system installed is less than MY cost on the catback from Magnaflow:eek2:

microsuck
01-02-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by andy_cain
...and lastly toying with the idea of both Laser cloaking

Andy
If you want I can help you out with your laser cloaking venture. I have a blinder m-06 hp system from the UK on my '01. Mounting can be trickey but it is well worth it. Radar/Laser detection and countermeasures are kind of my second hobby and I have spent alot of time researching that area of technology.

RED1
01-02-2003, 02:26 AM
I would be interested in you helping me too. PM me, or shoot me an e-mail for more info.

microsuck
01-02-2003, 10:54 AM
If there is anyone else just let me know. It would be nice to have a fleet of "invisible" lightnings running arround DFW.:tu: :tu: :tu:

microsuck
01-02-2003, 11:01 AM
If anyone cares, here is my setup on my truck. Notice the pictures of the laser jammers on the front grill. http://12.237.130.66/lightninggallery.htm
you may have to paste it into the browser window to get there.

microsuck
01-02-2003, 11:08 AM
O yeah, for any of you doubters out there, I have been issued zero speeding tickets in my life, never, not even one, and I am the most notorious speeder in texas. I probably have well over 150+ that I should have gotten. How many people do you know that can say that. This stuff works, believe me. But for everyone who doesent want to spend a fortune on police speed meaurement countermeasures, the best advice I can give you is to just be super-alert when you are driving. 75% of all my incidents, my eyes saved me before my detector or jamming system. Good Luck!:twitch:

L8 APEX
01-02-2003, 11:25 AM
I have been a supporting vendor for TALON and hanging around for about two years now. Nobody has purchased a V1 or laser jammer from me. I gave them out for Xmas presents to get it off my shelves.. I guess nobody else speeds in their L's.. I have run through laser traps multiple times over 120+. Just jumped on the Brembo's and rolled on by. On the charity cruise we went on my V1 picked up a Ka unit over the hill I got on the radio and slowed but the front pack blew right past him. I would feel naked w/o my running gear:eek2: