print out this link discount tires will match the price

edit lol forgot to post the link

http://www.onlinetires.com/default.aspx?PageData=tireResults

Rue
02-03-2008, 12:31 PM
Thanks!

Razor
03-11-2008, 07:22 PM
I printed off the prices from the site and went to Discount tire..He looked up what the shipping would be and we ended up @202 a tire installed plus tax ($945) for Nittos. Not bad...considering 50,000 miles ago I paid 200 a tire..:icon_lol:

So they do honor it like you said..thanks for the link.

Chris

my2002lightning
03-11-2008, 08:05 PM
Thanks, Jason.. bookmarked.:tu:

L8 APEX
03-11-2008, 11:56 PM
The Talon preferred Discounts do the Nitto's for 185 or 190 mounted every day.

Tatom Mack
03-12-2008, 12:24 AM
The Talon preferred Discounts do the Nitto's for 185 or 190 mounted every day.

i dont know about the nittos i buy the hankooks and thats the cheapest by far ive found. do a search on the net it doesnt matter what site its from discount tire will match it.

L8 APEX
03-12-2008, 12:32 AM
Every Discount I have been to laughed at internet pricing. They said there is no warranty, store front, place to go if you need help etc. They charge 130 bucks to mount and balance your furnished tires. At most they make take a little off but it is fair to pay them what would be reasonable shipping, installation and govt tax. I got my Hankooks for 150 a piece and paid an old man 60 bucks to mount them. NTB and Discount wanted 130-150 to mount someone else's tires..

Tatom Mack
03-12-2008, 12:55 AM
Every Discount I have been to laughed at internet pricing. They said there is no warranty, store front, place to go if you need help etc. They charge 130 bucks to mount and balance your furnished tires. At most they make take a little off but it is fair to pay them what would be reasonable shipping, installation and govt tax. I got my Hankooks for 150 a piece and paid an old man 60 bucks to mount them. NTB and Discount wanted 130-150 to mount someone else's tires..

maybe its the way i go about doing it. first i call discount tire and order the tires then when they arrive i go in with the printed out price. he changed the price from 185 to 130 i think thats what it was at the time. i dont buy them off the internet. maybe im confused terry

dboat
03-12-2008, 08:44 AM

Terry, you running Hankooks?

Dana

Tshock
03-12-2008, 09:21 AM
Discount tire has always given me trouble.

wesman
03-12-2008, 10:02 AM
Discount tire has always given me trouble.

I always go to the same guy at the same store...never had any issues at all.

I wish I had a relationship with the Cedar Hill store, they're about 45 minutes closer than the store off McCart in Ft Worth that I GO TO.

T- you got a hookup at the D'ville/Cedar Hill store anymore?

--wes

dboat
03-12-2008, 11:19 AM
I too always had good luck with Discount Tire.. on the L and all the other cars that I have owned.. rarely ever went anywhere else.

Dana

BC Lightning
03-12-2008, 12:56 PM
I always go to the same guy at the same store...never had any issues at all.

I wish I had a relationship with the Cedar Hill store, they're about 45 minutes closer than the store off McCart in Ft Worth that I GO TO.

T- you got a hookup at the D'ville/Cedar Hill store anymore?

--wes

Ive used the cedar hill store and was given the same price that Brandt gives me at the ft worth store

FRDRCING
03-12-2008, 01:43 PM
It's going to be easier for me to order them online for the same price. Save on the gas to drive all the way over there as well.. I have a shop just up the road that does awesome work and can get you in and out in under a hour. Also the mount and balance price is nothing compared to Discount tire. Discount tire is getting slower and slower now that they can only air up one tire at a time:hammer:.

dboat
03-12-2008, 02:40 PM
Discount tire is getting slower and slower now that they can only air up one tire at a time:hammer:.

HUH? what do you mean?
Dana

FRDRCING
03-12-2008, 02:49 PM
HUH? what do you mean?
Dana

Last time I was down there. They had a cement looking deal that you slide the tires into and air it up that way. They can only do one tire at a time now, Im guessing someone had a incident airing up a tire and so that is what they went to. We were just lucky we needed a patch done to a tire so we got right in with no wait. But they were up to 30 cars behind when we got there at 11 in the morning.

L8 APEX
03-12-2008, 06:24 PM
I like Discount because they are a national chain and I can get good service while traveling across the country. With anything else people are 90% of your experience. I know some great Discount people, I have seen some morons go through as well.

Bruce used to assist manage at cedar Hill I think he got a store in DeSoto. He drives a big Cummins 4wd. Scott is the manager at Cedar Hill. He did a lot of deals for Meadlin's and my guys. Chris used to work with him as well so he gave us a real good deal.

I have Hankooks because of the price. They are a real good tire so far.

dboat
03-12-2008, 09:41 PM
I have Hankooks because of the price. They are a real good tire so far.

I have heard some good things about them.. only bad thing I heard is that they get "oily" pretty quickly when you heat them up at the track.

Dana

Razor
03-13-2008, 06:46 PM
Well for what its worth..the Corinth store is 3 miles from my house. My last set came from the preferred store in Arlington...Well worth the xtra buks to avoid that drive!... $945, with road hazard is not bad for Nittos. I wanted to stay W rated over V rated.