PDA

View Full Version : The Bucket list?

Mark #2
01-09-2008, 10:40 PM
I don't go to many movies, but this one...I like Jack.

What is on your Bucket list?

One of mine: Boost only 10 on the stock block this year.

L8 APEX
01-09-2008, 10:55 PM
Hmm, most of mine sound like retirement goals. Things to do places to see. I am going to try and work on my bucket list this year. I have been so buried in work and drama these last 6 years I have strayed from the real meaning of life. My last two trips through the Colorado mountains on ATV's have been the best adventures I can remember. Nothing like being stuck in snow at 12 thousand feet in July and riding down the side of a mountain to make you feel alive.

Silver_2000
01-09-2008, 11:11 PM
Ive actually been thinking about a similar list

I have the time and resources to start doing some of them

One I intend to do this year is fly a towed glider - I think there is a place near here

another I hope to do one day is one of those freefall wind turbine things
I did the Nascar Experience a few years ago - would like to do that again
Ive done a couple driving schools - want to find another cool one or 2 and do it
I want to go on a guided Big Bass fishing trip
There are more Ill have to think about them
More
GO to another NHRA Qualifying and sit real close
As Dana Mentioned a Pro Drag Racing School
Im Going to Hawaii in April so that will get checked off
GO b ack to Paris to check out the historical stuff and make fun of the french
Go Scuba Diving again

dboat
01-10-2008, 08:06 AM
I am going to have to think about this one for a while.. but its worth coming back to..

Dana

but driving school is one of them.. I would like to do a road course and a drag racing school both..

I would like to go to Tahiti.. maybe a few other places.. was more willing to travel outside the US until after 9/11

Would like to drive a few supercars or own one, hence the old posts of owning a Z06, that is the closest thing to an affordable supercar there is.

I would like to build a car or rebuild one, Terry would laugh at me on this one.. but given enough time, I could do it. Those "Overhaulin'" type of shows have always appealed to me.

Shiner1
01-10-2008, 09:18 AM
Drag racing school would be great.

I have flown in jets before. F-4, F-15, F-111 but I'd like to fly with the Thunderbirds.

The one thing I'd really like to do but never will, is ride the space shuttle.

Aggie Mom
01-10-2008, 06:09 PM
I’ve already been able to cross several off the list:
See my son graduate from Texas A&M.
See my son get married.
Vacation in Alaska. Did 3 weeks there and loved it.
Went to drag racing school. Seems kinda stupid since I don’t race the truck.
Own my own house.
Get a college degree.

The one’s I still need to do:
Hold my grandchild and be a Grandma (only have a few more months to complete this one).
Live in Alaska every summer after I retire. I plan on living in the Dallas area during the winter.
Get married (applications being accepted!) P.S. must like Chihuahua’s
Visit Wyoming and Montana.
Buy a new Corvette, not a used one.
Buy another Ford Dually. God, I miss my old one.
Actually live long enough to get my pension.
Become a member to the TAPS ghost hunting team.

charlie
01-10-2008, 06:25 PM
What? No one wants to do this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZxo7IznQnk&feature=related

I changed my mind. I want to.

Charlie

dboat
01-10-2008, 10:17 PM
Charlie, there was a time when I would do that, but I think that time has passed me by... I just dont have the physical ability to react quick enough if I got into trouble.. that is why I have changed my hobbies and picked up some that I can do for a while to go in the future.. I would have loved to do that and bungee jump too..

Dana

wesman
01-10-2008, 11:03 PM
What? No one wants to do this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZxo7IznQnk&feature=related

I changed my mind. I want to.

Charlie

That actually looks tame to some of the jumps I've done.....then again it's hard to compare to someone else strapping to a line and moving your ass out the door.

I must say I have a lot of things that would be considered bucket list items that I've already done, but I'm sure as I age and mature I will add a lot that I wouldn't even be able to think of right now.

BTW- Looking forward to that movie, I like both Jack and Morgan.

--wes

charlie
01-11-2008, 10:43 AM
Charlie, there was a time when I would do that, but I think that time has passed me by... I just dont have the physical ability to react quick enough if I got into trouble.. that is why I have changed my hobbies and picked up some that I can do for a while to go in the future.. I would have loved to do that and bungee jump too..

Dana

I thought that too. But I just had a life changing event. And really don't give a crap, so why not do something stooped, right? Just to get the adrenalin going again.:tu:

Charlie

Ohmsby
01-11-2008, 11:51 AM
I have been fortunate enough to see and do a lot of awesome things

I want to spend a few months on the ocean. You know the warm calm postcard kind, not the deadliest catch kind.

I would also like to get my pilots license I have started twice and not finished:hammer:

tiffo60
01-11-2008, 11:55 AM
I have been fortunate enough to see and do a lot of awesome things

I want to spend a few months on the ocean. You know the warm calm postcard kind, not the deadliest catch kind.

I would also like to get my pilots license I have started twice and not finished:hammer:

they do classes at meacham here in fort worth that aint bad at all:cool:

L8 APEX
01-11-2008, 11:59 AM
Make sure it is a twin engine:D

tiffo60
01-13-2008, 09:57 AM
I went to see this movie lastnight and it was a great movie, see it if you get the chance:tu:

jcblack
01-13-2008, 06:32 PM
I went to see this movie lastnight and it was a great movie, see it if you get the chance:tu:

+1:tu: