PDA

View Full Version : Gen 1 Question????

slick-svt
01-13-2008, 03:09 PM
I bought a 94 L for my wife and noticed the check engine light on, I did a total tune up when I got it, Plugs, wires, cap and rotor, fuel filter, o2 sensor, and some other stuff. I do have a scanner for my 03 L but don't have one for this is there another way to check the codes....
Thanks...

charlie
01-13-2008, 03:28 PM
PM mustgofaster. There is a jumper trick to get the code to flash on the odometer.

Charlie

Chris94L
01-13-2008, 03:48 PM
PM mustgofaster. There is a jumper trick to get the code to flash on the odometer.

Charlie

Gee thanks :flaming:

Check out this link, it describes how to do it, and has the codes at the bottom. In the diagram is shows a testlight or multimeter, you don't need other just jump the 2 wires it says to.

http://www.muscularmustangs.com/test1.php

charlie
01-13-2008, 04:12 PM
Gee thanks what?

slick-svt
01-13-2008, 04:50 PM
Thanks....I think, I'll take a look....:icon_confused:

Wht95Lightning
01-13-2008, 09:28 PM
The ck engine light has only come on twice since I bought mine new in 95. Both times, the EGR valve was stuck. The first time, I replaced the valve and the sensor and that fixed it. The 2nd time (6 years later), I just stuck a wooden dowel rod in the back of the egr and moved the diaphragm manually a couple times. Now, two years later, it's never come back on.

slick-svt
01-14-2008, 07:46 AM
I thought of that also took it off cleaned it out checked the vacuum all good, would a bad gas cap also throw a code? It comes on after about a minute of driving time but the truck runs fine......

FIXED!!!!!!!! EGR was stuck shut with carbon few love taps and some gumout.....no light THANKS!!!!