PDA

View Full Version : Barrett Jackson

Mark #2
01-16-2008, 07:39 PM
I can't believe I have missed this so far this year.
Just found it today live on Speed.

So far prices look down this year, but it is only Wednesday.
Big money comes on Saturday/Sunday.

Cobra replica for $35K, couldn't come close to building one for that price.

Really nice '57 TBird convertible for $40K

Cool show/auction, Amy, the Red Head still gets all the buyers.

gbgary
01-16-2008, 08:11 PM
yeah...it's just day 2. i'm not sure they even televised day 2 (wed) last year.

Mark #2
01-16-2008, 08:18 PM
yeah...it's just day 2. i'm not sure they even televised day 2 (wed) last year.

They did:
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/media/pressreleases/012407_speedrecordtraffic.asp

Silver_2000
01-16-2008, 08:40 PM
It started last night

The first 2 days were Designed to be the cheaper cars

The freaking commercials is insane - thank goodness for DVR

Add up the $$ he is making 18+% of every car + the buyers passes+ food and drink + All the vendors + All the ads in the Tent + ++++++++++++

gbgary
01-17-2008, 03:26 PM
They did:
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/media/pressreleases/012407_speedrecordtraffic.asp

:tu:

they had little red custom nova, on there last night, that i'd love to have.

Mark #2
01-17-2008, 08:28 PM
69 Torino Talladega just went for $40K, there are not many bidders tonight, good deals again.

WA 2 FST
01-17-2008, 08:46 PM
Someday I'll go to something like that for fun... maybe bring my checkbook, and the PIN to my brokerage account.:icon_biggrin:

Mark #2
01-17-2008, 08:55 PM
It appears that the $$$$$$ go up the drunker the bidders get later in the evening.

The last three guys looked hammered, all old dudes with younger women.:tu:

Mark #2
01-19-2008, 09:21 PM
No money at Barrett Jackson this year.

Original Cobras are selling at $500k, they were well over $1M in the past few years.

They keep trying to talk up the money on all cars, but it just isn't there.

"This is a $1M dollar car" and they can't get $400K, not just Cobras.

Craig Jackson and his friends are bidding on cars trying to up the prices.
Robosaurus is the latest example. Craig had the leading bid for a long time.

Only one >$1M car this year so far.

Craig is really trying "this is a great opportunity, this is a great deal, don't sell it at that price to the auctioneer", but in the end he has no other bidders...

This indicates the state of the economy, recession and longer skirts are coming?

WA 2 FST
01-19-2008, 09:42 PM
I don't know... there are some cars selling for well more than what they are worth... especially the resto-mods (which I like).

While my son and I are enjoying the show this year, it represents a completely different type of auto enthusiast. These people are buying these cars as "artwork". Most of these cars will never be driven, which is their choice certainly... but for most guys like us, we don't "get it."

dboat
01-20-2008, 09:20 AM
I watched it for a few minutes just to see if they would show the ladies on stage up closer.. they seemed to have all the right sized equipment..

I did see where one guy took an original Shelby 500KR Mustang and then blinged it all up.. I bet that foray cost him a few hundred thousand dollars..

Dana

BC Lightning
01-21-2008, 09:27 AM
Saw where the First ZR1 Corvette sold for $1million, hasn't even been made, will have a 00000001 serial number and the only one in the world in LeMans Blue, the one at Barret Jackson wasn't the one Dave Rassler bought

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymR4wtYmzmU

http://jalopnik.com/346943/barrett+jackson-first-2009-corvette-zr1-sells-at-auction-for-1000000

"The first 2009 Corvette ZR1 just sold here on big money day at the big BJ auction for $1,000,000 with a little help from GM's best bud, Jay Leno to Dave Ressler. Although the money's all going to the United Way, we're wondering what this'll mean for the mark-up on the sticker price we'll see for this already $99,000 two-seat supercar. And keep in mind we still don't know what the final number will end up being on horsepower and torque. But -- what we do know now is that the sticker price will be $99,000 -- thanks to the need to provide the above-and-beyond price for IRS purposes and the charitable deduction. But hey, maybe you'll still get that 100,000 mile guarantee on the powertrain -- even if you're buying #1 off the assembly line. Full description from the folks at Barrett-Jackson (http://jalopnik.com/tag/barrett_jackson/) plus more on winning bidder Dave Ressler, main man at Ressler Chevrolet, below the jump"

WA 2 FST
01-21-2008, 10:15 AM
Yep... a $901k tax deduction for the new owner!

Mark #2
03-27-2008, 10:01 PM
No money at Barrett Jackson this year.

This indicates the state of the economy
Okay here we go again, but it is just Thursday.:tex

Silver_2000
03-29-2008, 02:02 PM
I have seen a few cars that for the first time in years i found myself saying

" I would have loved to have gotten that car for that price "

L8 APEX
03-29-2008, 06:37 PM
The Palm Beach is always a weaker show. If you go make sure it is the Scottsdale show. You have to pre register as a buyer. They run a credit check and pre-approve your purchase limits.