PDA

View Full Version : Truck does not want to idle

Todd
01-19-2008, 02:38 PM
It's been about 4 years since my last post and a busy for years! I'm married, have a kid, started a new job, started a new buisness, built a new home out in Forney. I don't drive my truck that much and the other day it was cold and it would not stay running. I have about 40,000 on it. It runs fine sometimes where do I start?

dboat
01-19-2008, 06:40 PM
It's been about 4 years since my last post and a busy for years! I'm married, have a kid, started a new job, started a new buisness, built a new home out in Forney. I don't drive my truck that much and the other day it was cold and it would not stay running. I have about 40,000 on it. It runs fine sometimes where do I start?

do a search on IAC and you will need to take it off and clean it with carb cleaner.. should take less than 30 minutes..

mikelemoine
01-20-2008, 03:29 PM
Might also check for a cracked PCV valve/hose or vacuum leak. That'll make em stall alot.

jmlay
01-21-2008, 12:00 PM
Congratulations!

As others have said it could be either the IAC or a vacuum leak, I had to clean my IAC @ 25-30K.

Please tell the family I said hello. It has been too long since I contacted them.

Mike Lay

Todd
01-22-2008, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the advice as soon as I recover from my surgery I'll take a look at it.

Hey Mike, Dad said hi we keep him busy since he retired. I think he works more now than he did at work. Do you still have your lightning?

jmlay
01-27-2008, 11:53 AM
Yep, still have the Lighting, not my regular driver but it is still in the family. My oldest seems to think he is going to get his hands on it next year, WRONG! :-)

Hope the surgery is not a anything serious.

Mike