PDA

View Full Version : Body work help

Shiner1
01-22-2008, 12:15 AM
Ok guys I need some help on some body work. I'm working on a F-250 that my dad gave me for Christmas. The drivers side door is loose when you shut it and the window frame won't seal against the cab. Any ideas on how to fix this?

slick-svt
01-22-2008, 07:51 AM
Check the door stryker (little round thing door latches on) I've had to adjust these in the past some have a plastic sleeve that go around them.

dboat
01-22-2008, 08:06 AM
How old and how many miles does it have? I am wondering if you need to replace the rubber door seal first..

Dana

Shiner1
01-22-2008, 09:22 AM
How old and how many miles does it have? I am wondering if you need to replace the rubber door seal first..

Dana

1990, 125,000 miles. I was thinking about the seal but the gap is pretty big. I also thought adjusting the latch but again the gap seems to big for that to be the problem.

dboat
01-22-2008, 10:11 AM
1990, 125,000 miles. I was thinking about the seal but the gap is pretty big. I also thought adjusting the latch but again the gap seems to big for that to be the problem.

I guess its my nature to start with the simple solutions first and these are the first two that jump to mind.. I would try both of them, new rubbers are always a good thing on a vehicle that old.. you know, cuts down on wind noise and helps keep the a/c in the cab too.. then try adjusting the latch, after that, you might want to see if the hinges have been moved somehow and can be brought in a bit..however, that begs the question as to how well does the front of the door match up with the rear of the front fender?

Dana

L8 APEX
01-22-2008, 02:24 PM
GM's had the door pin bushing causing door sag and wear issues. I am not familiar with the old Ford setup. When the door is open can you lift the edge up? If so it may have serviceable bronze door hinge bushings. The stryker can also be worn.