PDA

View Full Version : Silly trailblazers...

L8 APEX
02-02-2008, 11:29 PM
I guess these new Trailblazer SS's are the new hot rod trucks, lol. There was a silver one picking on me on the tollway tonight. He kept neutral revving me until I put some boost on him. He had a little something cam or such and kept up within a trucks length. I was glad this mild little Ford truck held its own.:tu:

Mark #2
02-03-2008, 12:04 AM
I guess these new Trailblazer SS's are the new hot rod trucks, lol. There was a silver one picking on me on the tollway tonight. He kept neutral revving me until I put some boost on him. He had a little something cam or such and kept up within a trucks length. I was glad this mild little Ford truck held its own.:tu:

Saw a couple at the track today, best was a 9.1

L8 APEX
02-03-2008, 12:13 AM
Was there a silver one with loud exhaust? He was mighty proud of his blazer. I just have a 4# pulley and cold tune so that is what it is. From a 70 punch he hung with me to 80 or 85 and I started pulling away and let off at 115 or so. I am scared:icon_eek:. I wish I was in one of my built truck so I could have pulled the paint off him, oh well...

WA 2 FST
02-03-2008, 12:45 AM
That one was running pretty good if you only pulled him one length to 115 from a roll. There are number of them in DFW running in the high-12s... but most certainly not near that. Stockers are in the low-14s.

My wife's would run quicker than 9.1 in the 1/8th though. I have little doubt about that, and all it has is a tune.

GoldLS1
02-03-2008, 09:33 PM
Gotta watch out for some of TBSS's... theres a few running around w/ some spray (200shot)!! I've seen pics of two different turbo ones... however you'll hear those spooling up.

dboat
02-03-2008, 10:19 PM
Gotta watch out for some of TBSS'sI've seen pics of two different turbo ones... however you'll hear those spooling up.

might be too late by the time you hear that. :icon_frown:

Dana

mikelemoine
02-03-2008, 11:20 PM
Terry, when he fell back around 115, did you happen to be going through a toll booth by chance?:d Nice kill, not sure my Shamu with similar mods would have done so well due to the extra weight.

Sonicblue03
02-04-2008, 10:59 AM
Terry, when he fell back around 115, did you happen to be going through a toll booth by chance?:d

:rll:

bobbywade69
02-04-2008, 07:42 PM
They are ok but seeing alot of them coming back to the dealer shreading trannys!!

WA 2 FST
02-04-2008, 07:52 PM
Yeah, with the exception of the engine... which is cool for a family hauler, our TBSS has not been a very good vehicle. We've had numerous issues with ours...and it has 18k miles on it.

1) dead battery
2) bad ignition switch
^^^^ both these could have left my wife stranded... NOT GOOD!
3) rear diff carrier replaced at 12k miles (horrible ratchety rear diff... and I even swapped the fluid out 2x myself)
4) rear window lock inoperable ... horrible safety issue
5) shift lever handle came loose/locking trans in Park... another issue that nearly stranded the wife

I wouldn't even think of adding a lot of power to it, or the trans will take a beating.

Most likely I'll get an extended warranty on it. We like the vehicle (drives, rides, handles and brakes well for an SUV), but it has not been problem-free.

GoldLS1
02-04-2008, 11:45 PM
Yeah, with the exception of the engine... which is cool for a family hauler, our TBSS has not been a very good vehicle. We've had numerous issues with ours...and it has 18k miles on it.

1) dead battery
2) bad ignition switch
3) rear diff carrier replaced at 12k miles (horrible ratchety rear diff... and I even swapped the fluid out 2x myself)
5) shift lever handle came loose/locking trans in Park... another issue that nearly stranded the wife

I wouldn't even think of adding a lot of power to it, or the trans will take a beating.

Most likely I'll get an extended warranty on it. We like the vehicle (drives, rides, handles and brakes well for an SUV), but it has not been problem-free.

That sucks.

bobbywade69
02-05-2008, 11:51 PM
Yea seeing alot of problems out of the ignition switchs its a big GM problem right now with most of the SUV and light cars. We have a few that come to the dealer and they are supercharged and they are just burning up the trannies in less than 3K miles!!

1) dead battery
2) bad ignition switch

Beaudee
02-06-2008, 08:25 AM

I saw one running in the 11's 1/4 mile last time @ Ennis.:eek: