PDA

View Full Version : Question on current Gen2 resale value

jcandrews
02-13-2008, 11:57 PM
I've got an '02 Lightning that I may sell in the near future, and I was wondering what typical resale values are being seen within the enthusiast community recently. Private party sale is not my first choice, but I'd sure like the truck to end up in the hands of someone who would enjoy it as much as I have. This particular truck is white, low mileage (37K), and has a SnugTop cover, BedRug liner, LoJack, K&N air filter, window tint, upgraded instrument panel trim, and chrome SVT hitch plug. Thanks in advance for your responses.

my2002lightning
02-14-2008, 12:14 AM
Very low mileage for an '02. Chipped/pullied? Original owner?

jcandrews
02-14-2008, 12:21 AM
I've made no mods apart from the K&N. Everything else is stock. And yes, I'm the original owner.

L8 APEX
02-14-2008, 12:30 AM
Check ebay or the local trader. I would guess 15-17K. The state valued my 04 with 41K at 16,7K when I registered it in December. You can also use kbb.com using good condition, nobody goes off excellent. White may hurt you, most guys want a DSG, sonic blue or silver right now.. It comes down to finding that one buyer that wants it and how long you are willing to wait.

dboat
02-14-2008, 10:04 AM
You also may want to try to sell what mods you have separately. Esp the snuglid and bedrug.. most folks just wont give you that much for them extra as part of the sale of the truck..

Dana