PDA

View Full Version : Get bent RPMOUTLET!!!

Rue
02-22-2008, 05:38 PM
I should have known better, I should have listened... I have been waiting on a part since mid December, was told I'd receive the part in seven days :icon_rolleyes:.
I've been calling them every week or every other week and depending on whom I speak with I get "It's on back order, try back in three weeks" or "It looks like it's going to ship out Friday". I would just cancel my order but they want to charge me 5% for a part they don't have (nothing special order) and that I'm apparently not going to get. I thought about calling Mastercard and disputing it, what would you guys do (besides flame the newbie :icon_redface:)?

tiffo60
02-22-2008, 05:41 PM
I'd drive to Houston and whip some tail:D

but the gas might out weigh the income:rolleyes:

Rue
02-22-2008, 05:49 PM
I'd drive to Houston and whip some tail:D

but the gas might out weigh the income:rolleyes:

Oh yea, a DFWStangs brother. :tu:

SILVER2000SVT
02-22-2008, 07:27 PM
Is this a joke?

RPM outlet is a scam, they rip people off left and right. There are dozens and dozens of threads on multiple websites of people that have been screwed by them. Definitely cancel your order and dispute your credit card.

slick-svt
02-22-2008, 07:58 PM
When that happened to me (for a CAI) I demanded my money back and got it, then a week later it showed up......FOR FREE!!!!!

98Cobra
02-22-2008, 09:31 PM
Dispute it with your credit card company. Tell them that you are filing a dispute because otherwise you will get charged a 5% cancellation fee even though they cannot fulfill the order.

99WhiteBeast
02-23-2008, 10:08 AM
RPM Outlet is bad m'kay.

FRDRCING
02-23-2008, 10:20 AM
I think all the forum sites need a Sticky"Do not Purchase from RPMOUTLET". I don't know how they sleep at night knowing the screw people over like this all the time.

PUMP
02-23-2008, 11:07 AM
I think all the forum sites need a Sticky"Do not Purchase from RPMOUTLET". I don't know how they sleep at night knowing the screw people over like this all the time. To paraphrase a famous quotation, "You can fool some people all of the time."

RSVT
02-23-2008, 11:40 AM
thats never happen to me....but then again ive only ordered about two things from there...

BC Lightning
02-23-2008, 01:08 PM
thats never happen to me....but then again ive only ordered about two things from there...

I've ordered parts quite a few times and never had any problems, I have had a few problems with LFP though

slick-svt
02-23-2008, 06:53 PM
I think they drop ship a lot of their stuff and don't know when its back ordered, they say they have it when they don't......and then they make you wait......:flaming:

G'Lightning
02-24-2008, 06:51 PM
I've ordered parts quite a few times and never had any problems, I have had a few problems with LFP though
Same here..:confused:

GoldLS1
02-24-2008, 09:28 PM

Hummm... same here also.

Rue
03-04-2008, 01:50 PM
Yet another call and the same old story... "Try back in five to ten business days". Damn it, if you don't have it in stock or know when you should have it in stock then don't lie to the customer :flaming:

SILVER2000SVT
03-04-2008, 05:00 PM
Yet another call and the same old story... "Try back in five to ten business days". Damn it, if you don't have it in stock or know when you should have it in stock then don't lie to the customer :flaming:

Sounds similar to my story way back when I tried to buy something from them in 2002. These guys are crooks.

After several weeks of constant calling and asking about my part I finally cancelled my order.
They tried to charge me a restocking fee when they never even sent the product. That was before they had a restocking fee listed in their return policy. They would keep saying we shipped it yesterday, we'll ship it today, or we'll have it in two days and ship it right away. I ended up finding out that the reality was that the manufacturer wasn't planning to make any of the parts for several weeks and that they had made that information perfectly clear to the retailers. Instead of being honest they lied over and over and over and over again. As bad as this is, the dishonesty is deeper than it appears because they know if they put you off long enough you cannot dispute the charge on your credit card. They plan for this and then you're stuck.

FRDRCING
03-04-2008, 05:06 PM

I think by this point I would just get with my credit card company and cancel the payment. Call them up and tell them to cancel the order and that you have stoped payment as they can't tell you win or even if you will get the product.

slick-svt
03-04-2008, 09:39 PM
Sounds similar to my story way back when I tried to buy something from them in 2002. These guys are crooks.

After several weeks of constant calling and asking about my part I finally cancelled my order.
They tried to charge me a restocking fee when they never even sent the product. That was before they had a restocking fee listed in their return policy. They would keep saying we shipped it yesterday, we'll ship it today, or we'll have it in two days and ship it right away. I ended up finding out that the reality was that the manufacturer wasn't planning to make any of the parts for several weeks and that they had made that information perfectly clear to the retailers. Instead of being honest they lied over and over and over and over again. As bad as this is, the dishonesty is deeper than it appears because they know if they put you off long enough you cannot dispute the charge on your credit card. They plan for this and then you're stuck.
When in doubt ask for your tracking number....:tu:

L8 APEX
03-04-2008, 10:42 PM
I got hosed on a few items from them. I have had several vendors register a shipment with UPS to generate a tracking number. Only to never ship the item. It would always buy them a few days to cover their lies...

Rue
03-11-2008, 03:40 PM
Still fighting with them... :flaming:

TXLIGHTNING
03-11-2008, 03:40 PM
Still fighting with them... :flaming: :gatling:

BC Lightning
03-11-2008, 03:42 PM
Still fighting with them... :flaming:

That's crazy, I just ordered an Afco dual pass H/E with fans on saturday from RPM and it was on my doorstep today :confused:

TXLIGHTNING
03-11-2008, 03:44 PM
That's crazy, I just ordered an Afco dual pass H/E with fans on saturday from RPM and it was on my doorstep today :confused: Got mine from RPM as well. Took less than 4 day to my door.

L8 APEX
03-12-2008, 12:03 AM
It is luck of the draw with them. They dicked me around for 6 weeks on heads for Dennis' truck. They said they were in stock and would be here next day for 5 weeks. So I finally ordered them from Summit Racing and the RPM heads came a week later and were not returnable. I would have lost a 25% restocking fee for their mistake. I ended up selling them locally and not losing too much on them.

Rue
04-18-2008, 05:09 PM
Taking legal action as of today :flaming: DO NOT trust these people!

ZeusSVT
04-18-2008, 05:26 PM

Wow, that sucks that iit had to come to something like that. Hope that everything works out well.

03LightningRocks
04-18-2008, 11:08 PM

I'm no lawyer, but I think you are SOL on this one. Your trump card was to dispute the sale with the credit card company. I have disputed many an item I ordered online over the years. In EVERY case...boom...money credited back to my account. I put a 400 dollar deposit on a special order pool cue rack from Billiards and Bar Stools. Almost 2 months went by and I hadn't heard from them. I call the store and get no answer. After three attempts I went there to see a bankrupt sign. I disputed the charge on that...boom...refund issued. As a business owner who takes credit cards, I know all to well who has the upper hand when it comes to disputes...and it isn't the business owner.;) Point is...learn from this and next time somebody looks like they are about to screw you after you paid by credit card, make the first move and dispute the charge ASAP. You can always release the dispute if it turns out they come through for you. You have no options once you have allowed it to go beyond 60 or 90 days. You never posted how much they took you for but it probably isn't enough to justify attorney fees. Even if you win in small claims court, they can still just blow you off. Yep...your screwed. Take your lickin and keep on tickin. I bet you won't be so gullible the next time somebody starts jerking you around.

L8 APEX
04-19-2008, 07:17 AM
Sue yourself for being dumb enough to buy form them in the first place:D

charlie
04-19-2008, 08:47 AM
Jeff, I feel for you man. But Rocks is right. Your just S.O.L. Your only recourse is to do like the rest of us. Bad mouth them as much, and as often as possible.

FRDRCING
04-19-2008, 01:13 PM
Sue yourself for being dumb enough to buy form them in the first place:D

:rll:

L8 APEX
04-19-2008, 09:52 PM
I was hoping he would bite:evil

Rue
04-23-2008, 04:40 PM
I was hoping he would bite:evil

Thanks, buddy :tongue: Good news, I got ALL my money back. If anyone else is owed parts or cash by these crooks just PM me and I'll see if I can help you.

FRDRCING
04-23-2008, 04:42 PM
Glad you got your money back.:tu:

03LightningRocks
04-23-2008, 04:50 PM
Thanks, buddy :tongue: Good news, I got ALL my money back. If anyone else is owed parts or cash by these crooks just PM me and I'll see if I can help you.

Excellent!!! I am amazed actually. Did they decide to do a refund or did you figure out a way to get the credit card company to help out?

Rue
04-23-2008, 06:11 PM
Excellent!!! I am amazed actually. Did they decide to do a refund or did you figure out a way to get the credit card company to help out?

Refund, with no restocking fees. How on earth could you ask for (but they did) a restocking fee for a part the is not special order, and is by their words "something we keep in stock"?

Alright, Terry. Be ready, I'm ordering all my stuff from you now! :icon_biggrin:

L8 APEX
04-23-2008, 07:53 PM
Hah, I am going dark in 7 days:tex

03LightningRocks
04-23-2008, 09:09 PM
Hah, I am going dark in 7 days:tex

I thought you had already gone dark. :confused:

03LightningRocks
04-23-2008, 09:11 PM
Refund, with no restocking fees. How on earth could you ask for (but they did) a restocking fee for a part the is not special order, and is by their words "something we keep in stock"?

Alright, Terry. Be ready, I'm ordering all my stuff from you now! :icon_biggrin:

Heck yeah! Glad to hear you didn't let them rip you off. That restocking fee for something they haven't mailed out is a load of BS. After all the stories I have read where they took advantage of folks, I am amazed that they are still finding people to screw over.

L8 APEX
04-23-2008, 09:22 PM
If you read my posts I am unplugging May 1st.

RPM prices are very low, a stipulation for this is a very strict return policy. A LOT of wholesalers will slap you with a restock. You can't get the lowest prices and free returns, sheesh you blood thirsty bastards:evil

03LightningRocks
04-23-2008, 09:31 PM
If you read my posts I am unplugging May 1st.

RPM prices are very low, a stipulation for this is a very strict return policy. A LOT of wholesalers will slap you with a restock. You can't get the lowest prices and free returns, sheesh you blood thirsty bastards:evil

Yeah Terry...I just sit anxiously by, waiting to read your posts.:rolleyes: Don't make me fire a round in your general direction:gatling:.

BC Lightning
04-24-2008, 10:12 AM
Heck yeah! Glad to hear you didn't let them rip you off. That restocking fee for something they haven't mailed out is a load of BS. After all the stories I have read where they took advantage of folks, I am amazed that they are still finding people to screw over.

They get most of their business because it is one of the first places that pop up when people google for parts, at least thats what all of the other posts on the other forums say, they dont know they screw people over, pay for parts, and some get them and some dont

FRDRCING
04-24-2008, 10:41 AM
I tried to talk a friend out of buying stuff from them for his mustang. I was surprised it showed up on time and was what he ordered. I still will never spend any money with them. I may pay a little more some were else, but at least I know it's in stock and don't have to wait two-three months for it.