PDA

View Full Version : I need you Crown!

L8 APEX
02-28-2008, 03:42 AM
I have a killer tooth ache tonight, I can't sleep at all. The only pain relievers in the house are Crown and bullets. I am trying the Crown first:beer:. I went to the dentist in January and he thought it was sinus related and it got better on its own. But it is back with a vengeance tonight! If I am sober enough to drive I'll be at his door first thing in the morning and hope he can get me in.:tex

L8 APEX
02-28-2008, 03:52 AM
I tihnk it is working:beer: I should get tooth aches more often:tu::tex.

L8 APEX
02-28-2008, 10:53 AM
Well this is going to be one expensive tooth ache. I got the first series of a root canal this morning. I have to go back in a week or two for the second and third stages... The dentist I had fix an old filling did not get it all cleaned out and it was decayed under the filling and got into the pulp and root or some such... Doc said if it got much worse nothing would have fixed the pain it would cause. He never saw my 3 liter!
BTW 800mg of pain medicine and 2 shots of Crown only gave me 1&1/2 hours of sleep... Oh happy joy more bills.. My new job insurance doesn't start until mid March.

projlightning
02-28-2008, 11:01 AM
I know how you're feeling.....toothaches give that pain that'll make a grown man cry:icon_frown:.... I had 4 root canals and 2 still need crowns.... I should of been a dentist..

Root canal +/-$800 EACH!!!
Crown +/-$800 EACH!!!

My insurance only covered $1k a year so that didn't entirely pay for one tooth to get fixed.

L8 APEX
02-28-2008, 12:52 PM
Yeah dental insurance sucks balls. Of course my new dentist is out of network. They only pay 20% out of network for major at a limit of 600 bucks/100 deductable. The tooth pain didn't make me cry but I was about 8 hours from eating a bullet. I may have to still when the bill comes.

slick-svt
02-28-2008, 12:57 PM
You probably need to get on some antibiotics, it always throbs the worst when its infected.....then fill or yank it

BC Lightning
02-28-2008, 01:02 PM
Yeah dental insurance sucks balls. Of course my new dentist is out of network. They only pay 20% out of network for major at a limit of 600 bucks/100 deductable. The tooth pain didn't make me cry but I was about 8 hours from eating a bullet. I may have to still when the bill comes.

Trevor said he has cash in hand for a motor swap, just wanted to throw that out.......

StormShadow
02-28-2008, 01:43 PM
That sucks Terry. How much do you want for that lightning?

dboat
02-28-2008, 02:31 PM

go to an in network guy to save a few bucks.. heck, you might just want to get them pulled and put in a bridge.. or maybe not..

Dana

BC Lightning
02-28-2008, 03:06 PM
go to an in network guy to save a few bucks.. heck, you might just want to get them pulled and put in a bridge.. or maybe not..

Dana

the tooth might need to come out and then let the gums heal and get a dental implant, way better than a bridge, just see if your insurance will cover it, I know tons of good Oral Maxiofacial Surgeons to put it in if you need one

FRDRCING
02-28-2008, 03:23 PM
I was lucky when they did my crowns, I did not need the root canal done. Heard it hurts like hell.

slick-svt
02-28-2008, 03:31 PM
I was lucky when they did my crowns, I did not need the root canal done. Heard it hurts like hell.
Go to Steve Brown on hwy 80 in ft worth, had two root canals done the same day and was back at work. He worked on Ms Texas's teeth and is called the painless dentist. He is the best one I've ever been to......:tu:

BC Lightning
02-28-2008, 03:57 PM
Go to Steve Brown on hwy 80 in ft worth, had two root canals done the same day and was back at work. He worked on Ms Texas's teeth and is called the painless dentist. He is the best one I've ever been to......:tu:

Its all about your personal level of pain tolerance, I have seen surgeries where people have had major reconstruction and you couldnt tell if they were in pain at all and were not requesting more morphine after what was given during surgery, while visiting some Dr offices I have seen wisdom teeth pulled and the person might need a months worth of pills

dboat
02-28-2008, 05:18 PM
the tooth might need to come out and then let the gums heal and get a dental implant, way better than a bridge, just see if your insurance will cover it, I know tons of good Oral Maxiofacial Surgeons to put it in if you need one

:tu:, you are right, that would be a better way to go..

L8 APEX
02-28-2008, 05:50 PM
It is supposed to be fine now he cleaned it all out and removed the nerve etc. He packed it with biotics and some kind of JB weld putty. He said to give it two weeks and come back for stage 2 filling the roots and fitting a crown. Then I get a crown at the end to go with the bill.

projlightning
02-28-2008, 05:56 PM
some kind of JB weld putty.
:rll:

Yea, once they get that nerve out and give you a vitakin prescription, all is well:)

slick-svt
02-28-2008, 08:12 PM
When they did my root canal they heated this tool red hot and burned the nerves...saw smoke coming out and thought WTF....:icon_eek:

Moonshine
02-28-2008, 09:14 PM
I had my 2nd crown this week prepped today, so I'm another $800 poorer. It's sore, but Motrin and chardonnay are doing the trick so far. Let's see, two crowns this week is going to just about eat up my income tax return that should hit tomorrow. :confused:

Mark #2
02-28-2008, 10:22 PM
I have almost >$$$$$ in my face/mouth, you want some cheese with that whine?
Pain...Pain...are you kidding me...Pain?:icon_mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdUr5hF0yGc