PDA

View Full Version : Where is Ron from Plano A/C

toddwarren
03-04-2008, 10:07 AM
Just curious what happened to Ron from Plano A/C?
Does he have the fastest truck in Talon?
10 something second quarter!

98Cobra
03-04-2008, 10:22 AM
I think he and Doug broke up, or something? ;)

Silver_2000
03-04-2008, 10:30 AM
Thats funny

Ron has decided to focus on his business. He told me he had nothing in common with the folks here.

Doug

Ohmsby
03-04-2008, 10:35 AM
He drinks Crown doesn't he:evil

FRDRCING
03-04-2008, 10:57 AM
He drinks Crown doesn't he:evil

Don't we all:evil

98Cobra
03-04-2008, 01:40 PM
Thats funny

Ron has decided to focus on his business. He told me he had nothing in common with the folks here.

Doug

Wow, really? That's too bad.

Mark #2
03-04-2008, 08:14 PM
Wow, really? That's too bad.

Agree, but how can he say he has nothing in common with us?

We we have a lot of intelligent, hard working, smart a$$, capable of being xxxxheads around here.:cool:

Sandman
03-04-2008, 08:52 PM
Eh.. I have no clue what happened or any details, but there are always two sides to the story. I know Rocks has never been anything but nice and helpful to me.

Mark #2
03-04-2008, 09:21 PM
Eh.. I have no clue what happened or any details, but there are always two sides to the story. I know Rocks has never been anything but nice and helpful to me.

Please notice that I posted that it is cool to be an intelligent, hard working, smart a$$, capable of being a xxxxhead around here.

That is our history, and why I stay around, all the other stuff is just mind numbing/boring on a ~10 year old truck

GoldLS1
03-04-2008, 09:58 PM
I liked Ron... funny ****er. We had our moments. Sad to see him go.

Sandman
03-04-2008, 10:03 PM
Please notice that I posted that it is cool to be an intelligent, hard working, smart a$$, capable of being a xxxxhead around here.

That is our history, and why I stay around, all the other stuff is just mind numbing/boring on a ~10 year old truck

My comment wasn't directed at you or anybody else for that matter. Take my statement at face value.

Silver_2000
03-05-2008, 12:54 AM
I would recommend you guys call him

Perhaps we can change his mind
Like Mark the reason Im still here is that there are some intelligent, sarcastic, smart asses here and I feel comfortable in that crowd

Having said that the trucks are bing purchased used by younger and younger folks - some of whom have different approaches, upbringings.

BC Lightning
03-05-2008, 01:01 AM

Thats what I have done to get ahold of him :cool:

my2002lightning
03-05-2008, 02:31 AM
Perhaps the :ron: should give Uncle Rocks a call, as well.:cool::evil

L8 APEX
03-05-2008, 03:27 AM
Perhaps the :ron: should give Uncle Rocks a call, as well.:cool::evil
Nah, just stop in and say hi:santa2

dboat
03-05-2008, 05:08 AM

did that a while back.

Dana

Ohmsby
03-05-2008, 09:14 AM
Maybe he and Tex should make a comeback together because those were some of the funniest threads on Talon

T Hogg
03-05-2008, 11:49 AM
This is the first I've heard that he wasn't hanging out anymore. Man thats just f -up. I'll have to call him and give him $hit. Doug almost ran me off a few times too.:rll::d

We have always looked at things the same way.

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/thumbs/Training.jpg (http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/24038)

Shiner1
03-05-2008, 12:05 PM
This is the first I've heard that he wasn't hanging out anymore. Man thats just f -up. I'll have to call him and give him $hit. Doug almost ran me off a few times too.:rll::d

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/thumbs/Training.jpg (http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/24038)

:rll:

Silver_2000
03-05-2008, 04:50 PM

I guess Ill have to try harder ....

dboat
03-05-2008, 05:03 PM
I guess Ill have to try harder ....

Some of us love you for the big fella that you are. :tu:

Ohmsby
03-05-2008, 05:49 PM
Doug tried to run me off back in the 80's once he had another forum

www.ILoveMullets.com

he sold it and made millions only to lose it all in a deal gone bad with the creators of Zubas sport pants

this is a true story:eek:

TXLIGHTNING
03-05-2008, 05:51 PM

www.ILoveMullets.com

he sold it and made millions only to lose it all in a deal gone bad with the creators of Zubas sport pants

this is a true story:eek: :rll::rll:

dboat
03-05-2008, 07:44 PM

www.ILoveMullets.com

this is a true story:eek:

:banned:banned:banned:banned

:gatling:

GoldLS1
03-05-2008, 09:21 PM
Hummm....

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/Rocks.JPG

T Hogg
03-06-2008, 09:39 AM
Thats nice.:icon_rolleyes:

Ohmsby
03-06-2008, 10:32 AM

L8 APEX
03-06-2008, 12:47 PM
I spoke with Rocks he is still alive and well. He reads the board but doesn't post lately. He really wants to see Ronald but he works from home most days. So I will PM you his address so you can go cheer him up:beer:

FRDRCING
03-06-2008, 01:37 PM
Hummm....

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/Rocks.JPG

T Hogg
03-06-2008, 01:39 PM
I spoke with Rocks he is still alive and well. He reads the board but doesn't post lately. He really wants to see Ronald but he works from home most days. So I will PM you his address so you can go cheer him up:beer:

If you talk to him again, let him know to give me a call if he wants to go HOGG hunting anytime soon.:icon_mrgreen:

I'm going to miss talking $hit with Rocks. Maybe someone will fill his shoe and get w/ me.

my2002lightning
03-07-2008, 12:06 AM
PM sent, Rocks.

GoldLS1
03-07-2008, 12:55 AM
Thats nice.:icon_rolleyes:

Damn I thought Id be nice and not give you a mullet... I'll have to see what I can come up with later.

L8 APEX
03-07-2008, 08:46 AM
Bring the curl back!:evil

03LightningRocks
03-08-2008, 11:20 AM
Actually.....I was just staying away long enough to use this pic I found.

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/forum_suicide.jpg

gbgary
03-08-2008, 11:28 AM
http://images.corvetteforum.com/images/smilies/lol.gif

Mika
03-08-2008, 10:18 PM
Hope you're doing alright, Ron. These whackjobs on Talon miss you!:D

Mika

03LightningRocks
03-09-2008, 02:00 AM
Thanks Mika.......just been working a whole lot. I never seem to catch up. I didn't realize my posts created so much entertainment...;).

Just to be sure everyone knows....I have no "issues" with anyone here. Doug did piss me off a while back. I get a little defensive about family issues. Probably more than I should, but OH Well...can't help myself and really don't feel the need to change it. The situation that pissed me off caused me to realize that I was probably spending more time than I should posting. I originally got involved here to help take my mind off of stresses of work and everyday life. It was beginning to add stress, so I needed to back off a little. Nothing personal against anyone here...except for Doug...LOL...not really, J/K Doug. I simply realized that if I was getting to the point where being teased about spending time with my loved ones would piss me off, it means I am taking it all way to seriously.

I'll be around here and there. I am trying real hard to make some big changes with the business, so I have less time to dick around.

:beer:

P.S. I almost forgot. I bought one of those new "smart phones" a month back. Well...The phone is smarter than I am. I was attempting to transfer my phone list over to it and chose the wrong option. All numbers on my sim card, which is all my phone numbers, where overwritten. Warning to others...always choose "merge"...never choose "overwrite". Point is I have nobodies numbers anymore. Adam called me last week, so I have his now, all others are gone.

Moonshine
03-09-2008, 07:07 PM
Welcome back, Rocks. :tu: You scathing wit was missed. But family first. :icon_mrgreen:

Mika
03-09-2008, 09:06 PM
Who else is gonna give me hell, Rocks?:D I haven't seen Tex post in a while...I think his head exploded when Kimi took the driver championship in F1.

Mika

P.S. Agreed 100%...family first.

slick-svt
03-09-2008, 09:37 PM
:beer:

P.S. I almost forgot. I bought one of those new "smart phones"

I tried the Blackberry 7100i.....to smart for me also

Silver_2000
03-09-2008, 09:42 PM
P.S. I almost forgot. I bought one of those new "smart phones" a month back. Well...The phone is smarter than I am. I was attempting to transfer my phone list over to it and chose the wrong option. All numbers on my sim card, which is all my phone numbers, where overwritten. Warning to others...always choose "merge"...never choose "overwrite". Point is I have nobodies numbers anymore. Adam called me last week, so I have his now, all others are gone.

You certain the numbers werent in the old phone ?
Its possible to move numbers from many phone with out using the sim -
Let me know if you want me to look

my2002lightning
03-09-2008, 11:11 PM
Uncle Rocks,

There definitely needs to be a work/life balance to it all to make it work. Good for you for being the Father that is there for your children.

03LightningRocks
03-12-2008, 11:05 PM
You certain the numbers werent in the old phone ?
Its possible to move numbers from many phone with out using the sim -
Let me know if you want me to look

I had most of the numbers I usually call on the sim card. Well not being aware of this little gotcha, i assumed that all I needed to do was copy all numbers to the card. I was given the option of merge or over write...I thought if I merged it I would end up with two of every number....so i chose over write...Out of almost 75 phone numbers...I ended up with around 15. I remember having my daughter transfer all my numbers a year ago when I got the razor...she only put them on my sim card..not my phone. Left me vulnerable to the over write command.:flaming: Real pain in the ass...I had all kinds of "backline" numbers that are gone now.

03LightningRocks
03-12-2008, 11:11 PM
P.S. The phone is pretty cool. It is a Blackjack2...darned thing does all kinds of helpfull stuff. The part I am using the most is the task reminders. I used to have note pads all over the damned place to remind me of all the little BS things I have to do....now I just put the list in my phone and a date to do the task ...it reminds me to do the task...hell...i can even set it up to harass me until i get it done. Reminds of what it was like to have a nagging wife around...LOL.

Silver_2000
03-12-2008, 11:14 PM
I had most of the numbers I usually call on the sim card. Well not being aware of this little gotcha, i assumed that all I needed to do was copy all numbers to the card. I was given the option of merge or over write...I thought if I merged it I would end up with two of every number....so i chose over write...Out of almost 75 phone numbers...I ended up with around 15. I remember having my daughter transfer all my numbers a year ago when I got the razor...she only put them on my sim card..not my phone. Left me vulnerable to the over write command.:flaming: Real pain in the ass...I had all kinds of "backline" numbers that are gone now.

Do you still have the previous phone ?

03LightningRocks
03-12-2008, 11:43 PM
Do you still have the previous phone ?

By previous...you mean the one just before my smart phone...yes...and I have the sim card from it. The smart phone had to have some new kind of sim card..3G or something or other. But yeah. There are no numbers on it though...you have a way of recovering deleted sh!t from a sim card or phone?

Silver_2000
03-13-2008, 12:27 AM
By previous...you mean the one just before my smart phone...yes...and I have the sim card from it. The smart phone had to have some new kind of sim card..3G or something or other. But yeah. There are no numbers on it though...you have a way of recovering deleted sh!t from a sim card or phone?

Its worth a try