PDA

View Full Version : More Vids

L8 APEX
03-06-2008, 10:35 PM
b6WUSnALoRc
mrZ0kxhDA3Y
Not bad here.
hG7UdhTJ9RM
A tribute to the ass felching 45. Too bad this isn't a beauty contest.
hI5i6daoh_0

my2002lightning
03-07-2008, 12:59 AM
Any particular reason for "hatin'" on the .45 ACP round, Terry? :tex:rolleyes:

Just one example: http://www.navyseals.com/mk23

It's a proven round.

L8 APEX
03-07-2008, 08:45 AM
The 45 is out dated, fat, heavy, slow and I have heard too many cases where it did not stop the bad guy.
As for the 1911's their reliability is questionable at best and their single stack low capacity is again dated and lacking for modern needs. They are a century old obviously a 100 year old design is not the best today. If it were we would all be driving brand new model T's:rolleyes:. If you are not toting a polymer frame, double stack magazine pistol these days you are two steps behind the enemy. Bullet technology has evened the playing field as far as calibers go.

Wht95Lightning
03-07-2008, 01:35 PM
The 45acp is nowhere near outdated. Every handgun cartridge that has been introduced in the past 80+ years has been compared to the 45acp.
There's a reason why so many companies make 1911 platform pistols. There's a reason why 1911 platform pistols have been winning in USPSA, IPSC, Steel Challenge, Bullseye and other forms of competition for dozens of years. You won't see Rob Leatham or Jerry Miculek shooting a Glock.

Glocks are good guns, I own a few. Are Glocks the best guns? That's highly debatable. Are the 1911 and 45acp outdated ? Absolutely not.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y237/we3/glockv1911.jpg

03'svtlight
03-07-2008, 10:38 PM
The 45 is out dated, fat, heavy, slow and I have heard too many cases where it did not stop the bad guy.
As for the 1911's their reliability is questionable at best and their single stack low capacity is again dated and lacking for modern needs. They are a century old obviously a 100 year old design is not the best today. If it were we would all be driving brand new model T's:rolleyes:. If you are not toting a polymer frame, double stack magazine pistol these days you are two steps behind the enemy. Bullet technology has evened the playing field as far as calibers go.

i guess i will throw my brand spankin new .45 in the trash.:hammer:

L8 APEX
03-07-2008, 10:40 PM
i guess i will throw my brand spankin new .45 in the trash.:hammer:
Is it a Glock or a 1911, you know all the homies are rolling with Glock 22 40 cals:icon_mrgreen:

How bout someone buy me a 1911 and try to sway me. Steel frame guns transfer too much shock and recoil to the shooter. Most competition 45's are running light loads and springs that will barely cycle to slide. I have owned two Glock 45's by the way. They were very accurate and at 13+1 have decent capacity. I was at the range taking a class and the instructor thought I was missing the paper because I was putting them through the same hole.
A for calibers all pistols are a last resort and a defensive tool. All pistols are low powered with the exception of the 357 magnum and 44 magnum etc. There is no one shot one kill pocket gun on the market. minus a head shot. The 9, 40, 45 are all middle of the road for stopping power. The 45 has significant recoil which means slower follow up shots and worse accuracy in general. It is a wide round so you can fit fewer bullets in the same space.
When I chose to step back to the 9 it was based on new bullet technology and documented accuracy and speed improvements. I use to carry a 357 Sig because it was "more powerful" but the recoil made it more difficult to control and size difficult to conceal. I ran the same course with the same frame Glock just a caliber swap. I had significantly tighter groups with the 9 and cut a full second off the course.
There are applications for each. My primary focus is what is practical for daily concealed carry. I can't fit my 10mm in my pants or a 1911 for that matter. So I'd rather have my little 9 than nothing at all...
For my tactical matches capacity and low recoil are a must. So I take my Glock 17 or 34 with 17 round magazines. I can run further through the course, faster and reload a LOT less than anyone with a 1911.
Plus 9 is a lot cheaper than 45 to feed.

Wht95Lightning
03-08-2008, 11:50 PM
Terry, when's the next course? I'd be very interested in competing. Heck, I'll even use a revolver. :evil

slick-svt
03-09-2008, 01:12 AM
The 45 is still a good pistol round big, heavy and slow give it a lot of energy. 40 and 10mm are good rounds to but I think its a personal thing. Lot of guys like sigs, hk, and glocks, but then you hear other people say its like looking down a brick....other guys like the 1911. If your pinned down in a gunfight hell I'll take a slingshot.....:icon_mrgreen: Some shooter profiles differ from one another.

L8 APEX
03-09-2008, 02:39 AM
Terry, when's the next course? I'd be very interested in competing. Heck, I'll even use a revolver. :evil
We had a wheel gun guy on our team in 03. He switched to a Glock after an embarrassing 49th place finish:evil. He was quick with a 1.9 second 6/reload/6 too... You just can't clear a shoot house with a load and two speed loaders which is normal carry.
May 10th
http://www.tacproshootingcenter.com/PDF/3gunFormMay08.pdf

Wht95Lightning
03-09-2008, 08:42 AM
I've never tried a 3 gun match. I do have the gear though. Hmmm.... Could be fun. :icon_mrgreen:

Moonshine
03-09-2008, 07:05 PM
I've never tried a 3 gun match. I do have the gear though. Hmmm.... Could be fun. :icon_mrgreen:

They are fun. Hmmmm, perhaps a TALON squad?????