PDA

View Full Version : Sank my phone, lost all numbers

L8 APEX
03-22-2008, 10:28 PM
I was slumped over my ATV trying to get to the winch release and ploop. I didn't even feel it slip out of the holster:hammer:. I felt around for it but never found it. The bog was some real nasty stuff. I did not have any copies of my phone numbers so I have no numbers for nobody. The club was the largest part of my phone numbers. PM or Email me if you want to be on my new phone list.
I need me a caption here saying "Where the F did my phone go!"
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/6130/medium/CIMG0708crop.JPG

nacklas
03-22-2008, 10:42 PM
LOL...Well did you have fun at least!!!

True Blue Aggie
03-22-2008, 10:48 PM
You just dont work well in the mud! Looks like fun thought

L8 APEX
03-22-2008, 11:06 PM
I carried it in an open top leather pouch for years. It is well broken in and slips out a lot when I lean over to far. I am not normally inverted when riding but today was the exception. The water was cold and I was focusing on other stuff and didn't even notice it slip out. It was not in this pic it was a much worse stuck. I was leaning about 30 degrees over in a soup bog. The water was cold and I was reaching under to release the winch trying not to slide off the rack myself into the water. I will get a more secure holster next time or just leave it in the truck all together...:icon_rolleyes:

nacklas
03-22-2008, 11:31 PM
I didnt lose my but moving my mom my Blackberry fell out. Didnt notice it until I needed it. Look for bout an hour or so with no luck. I back track my steps and after they moved the 26ft moving truck there it was! Right under the back tire:flaming:. Only had it for bout a month. I had to call some 1-800 number to replace it and they wanted $110 to replace and thats with insurance!

L8 APEX
03-23-2008, 10:35 AM
I sent out emails as well and Dennis' and Wes Tarbox's bounced so I need those as well.

Beaudee
03-23-2008, 10:51 AM
I just got a Verizon Casio water proof/shock proof phone.You can sink it in water for 2 days and she supposibly will work.Havent dropped in water yet but its guarentied.Has camera, video all the usual stuff.Went threw 2 phones last year in the boat.

dboat
03-23-2008, 10:54 AM
I sent out emails as well and Dennis' and Wes Tarbox's bounced so I need those as well.

I responded via email.

Dana

L8 APEX
03-23-2008, 11:11 AM
I thought they discontinued that G zone phone or such... It used to be a 500 phone. I could not find it on their website. I may go to AT&T anyway. It will cost me more to buy a new phone than it would to cancel and go to AT&T. We get a half off equip and 20% off service through work.

GoldLS1
03-23-2008, 09:21 PM
Looks like a good place to play Terry... where abouts is that??

03LightningRocks
03-23-2008, 10:41 PM
Damn Terry. I haven't seen you in a few months. You getting fat??? Maybe it's just a bad camera angle in that pic.:cool:

L8 APEX
03-23-2008, 11:01 PM
it ain't no angle I have been getting fatter ever since my life went in th toilet 7yrs ago. My depression has manifested itself in my belly.:beer:

03LightningRocks
03-23-2008, 11:13 PM
it ain't no angle I have been getting fatter ever since my life went in th toilet 7yrs ago. My depression has manifested itself in my belly.:beer:

As you know...I can relate to that...LOL. Don't worry though, you and I can still hide in the shadow Dana makes...:D and that is with us standing side to side.

dboat
03-24-2008, 05:41 AM
As you know...I can relate to that...LOL. Don't worry though, you and I can still hide in the shadow Dana makes...:D and that is with us standing side to side.

Not by much... although I am still better looking than either one of you:evil

tiffo60
03-24-2008, 08:05 AM
Thats a cute mud puddle your stuck in:D:rll:

mikelemoine
03-25-2008, 12:04 AM
Good comeback Dana, I'll have to remember that one being not so petite myself:icon_mrgreen:

03LightningRocks
03-25-2008, 12:14 AM

Maybe...but how long has it been since you've been able to see your own pud without looking in a mirror?:icon_eek:

dboat
03-25-2008, 04:53 AM
Maybe...but how long has it been since you've been able to see your own pud without looking in a mirror?:icon_eek:

Given the size of it, everyday!!! Oh, and I am smarter than both of you too.. :evil

03LightningRocks
03-25-2008, 08:03 AM
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/spears-durr1.jpg

L8 APEX
03-25-2008, 08:10 AM
I think I may not replace the phone and cancel my internet. Life has been so much simpler without the phone. Nice and quiet..

dboat
03-25-2008, 10:58 AM
I think I may not replace the phone and cancel my internet. Life has been so much simpler without the phone. Nice and quiet..

wouldnt blame you if you did.. but you wouldnt be in touch with your friends nearly as much.. and we would miss you here.

Dana

L8 APEX
03-25-2008, 04:12 PM
wouldnt blame you if you did.. but you wouldnt be in touch with your friends nearly as much.. and we would miss you here.

Dana
Friends, lol:rll: A few sworn enemies too:icon_eek:. I am going dark:tex

L8 APEX
03-29-2008, 06:30 PM
Well a full week with no phone. I am a step closer to going dark! Verizon is playing ******* and wants me to pay FULL retail and activation to replace my phone. Hah! I am about to cancel my phone and internet through them for this crap. In the past they have upgraded or sold me a new phone by simply renewing my contract another 2yrs. It is cheaper to cancel than to buy a new phone at full price:bs

Damn, I was going to call customer service and bitch but I don't have a phone:hammer:. That's it I am going back to drinking I can't handle this sober anymore.:beer:

Beaudee
03-29-2008, 08:00 PM
Check out the Casio waterproof/shock proof phone from Verizon,if you decide to go back with em.They had a Demo in a bucket of water.Truly a Redkneck get er done phone.http://www.casiogzone.com/ :cool:Mine was 150 bucks but i was due for a phone in my plan.Also got a 50 dollar mail in rebate.They list for about 350 bucks.

L8 APEX
03-29-2008, 08:32 PM
I just can't live with the way the look and feel. I wanted a smaller phone since I already carry a Blackberry anchor for the man. I am not buying a phone a retail from anyone...

03LightningRocks
03-29-2008, 11:45 PM
I just can't live with the way the look and feel. I wanted a smaller phone since I already carry a Blackberry anchor for the man. I am not buying a phone a retail from anyone...

Yeah, I agree. Buying a phone retail is a fucjob. I about sh!t when I got the price on a razor phone retail a month ago. The razor is old...old...old crap. they should pay me to take one of those phones. The BJ2 I just bought was around 400 or so retail. I resigned for another two years and it suddenly became 60-70 bucks. This time I did the insurance on it. I always figured the insurance was a rip, but with the cost of phones these days, it beats taking a porking from the man.

L8 APEX
03-30-2008, 12:01 AM
I guess there is a price point where the insurance is beneficial. My old phone was 59 bucks with contract. They simply extended it when I bought it. So their insurance was NOT worth it since it is 6 dollars a month PLUS a 50 dollar replacement fee. Why would I pay 6 bucks and a 50 dollar deductable to replace a 59$ phone? Where is Brook I could slap him now!

Beaudee
03-30-2008, 09:29 PM
I got a casio waterproof watch from walmart for 20 bucks.Had it for 4 years been swimming with it, dunked in jet fuel+skydrol and still going without even a battery.As far as im concerned a phone that cant taka a dunk aint worth a shit.Heck i toasted one from a wave coming over my boat.After your out a couple $ and a few phones youll insist on waterproof.:cool:

Lyfisin
03-31-2008, 03:59 AM
Brook I could slap him now!

Owee:icon_exclaim:

I hear what you are saying, but we (cell companies) don't get a break on the cost of the phone. If you lose/break it early, we still had to pay the manufacturer. The $59 we charge you isn't even close to our cost.

I have to pay full price to replace my phone also. As far as insurance goes, I've never had it, however, I've never had a PDA. I just add the money I save to all of the other warranties I never buy and figure I'm coming out ahead.

ßm

gbgary
03-31-2008, 11:53 AM

LOL...i've never met dana but this gives a great hint to imagine his stature.

Moonshine
03-31-2008, 01:45 PM
Terry,

You want my old Verizon phone? If so, call me..........Oops. :evil Seriously, my old one is in a drawer at the compound.

L8 APEX
03-31-2008, 06:39 PM
Nah, I abused my jedi powers and made them give me one today:evil
http://www.udell.ca/images/600px-Mindtrick.jpg

TXLIGHTNING
03-31-2008, 06:41 PM
Nah, I abused my jedi powers and made them give me one today:evil
http://www.udell.ca/images/600px-Mindtrick.jpg :tu:

03LightningRocks
03-31-2008, 08:09 PM
LOL...i've never met dana but this gives a great hint to imagine his stature.

Yeah...he ain't no little guy...LOL. I don't worry about him beating me up because I feel sure I can out run him. I don't have to worry about him shooting me either:evil.

L8 APEX
03-31-2008, 10:01 PM
I don't have to worry about him shooting me either:evil.
If he did it would only be to wound or scare you away:D. Kim on the other hand I would worry about.:icon_eek:

03LightningRocks
03-31-2008, 11:15 PM
If he did it would only be to wound or scare you away:D. Kim on the other hand I would worry about.:icon_eek:

Nah...she won't be able to reach the trigger on that Judge...:icon_mrgreen:.

And as far as Dana goes, I have a fifty fifty chance the Kel-Tec won't fire. Even if it does, he'll miss and the gun will jam.

dboat
04-01-2008, 02:38 PM
Yeah...he ain't no little guy...LOL. I don't worry about him beating me up because I feel sure I can out run him. I don't have to worry about him shooting me either:evil.

uh Rocks, you arent exactly small either.. and I will be close enough to just club you with one of any of the guns.. :evil

03LightningRocks
04-01-2008, 04:01 PM
uh Rocks, you arent exactly small either.. and I will be close enough to just club you with one of any of the guns.. :evil

You haven't seen me in awhile. I got me a bowflex body. :eek:

Aggie Mom
04-02-2008, 04:03 PM
Is that why you were gone so long? Did you do one of those reality TV weight loss shows? When's it coming on TV? :D

TTIUWOP
You haven't seen me in awhile. I got me a bowflex body. :eek:

03LightningRocks
04-02-2008, 10:50 PM
Is that why you were gone so long? Did you do one of those reality TV weight loss shows? When's it coming on TV? :D

TTIUWOP

I have a thong on in this pic, but you can't see it.

http://philip.greenspun.com/images/20050813-newport-jazz-festival/fat-shirtless-guy-eating-cheeseburger-2.4.jpg

Beaudee
04-03-2008, 07:43 AM
Nah...she won't be able to reach the trigger on that Judge...:icon_mrgreen:.

And as far as Dana goes, I have a fifty fifty chance the Kel-Tec won't fire. Even if it does, he'll miss and the gun will jam.

:rll::rll::rll::rll: Hotdog pic is the bomb:rll::rll:Nice to see a good sense of humor here:evil

Aggie Mom
04-03-2008, 04:56 PM
WOW! You really have lost weight. :eek:

I have a thong on in this pic, but you can't see it.

http://philip.greenspun.com/images/20050813-newport-jazz-festival/fat-shirtless-guy-eating-cheeseburger-2.4.jpg

Silver_2000
04-03-2008, 05:15 PM
:popcorn

03LightningRocks
04-03-2008, 09:23 PM
Thanks aggie mom....I've been working really hard at loosing the weight. I am almost to my goal. I figure about ten more pounds should get me right where I want to be. That was the only hot dog I ate that day. I know it wasn't healthy, but I figured "what the hell, I'm at the beach."