PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to the Gun Show in Ft. Worth

03LightningRocks
03-28-2008, 10:38 PM
...this weekend? :gatling:

StormShadow
03-28-2008, 10:47 PM
I'm going tomorrow morning. I would like to find me an sks with a synthetic stock and maybe something else depending on what I can find.

03LightningRocks
03-28-2008, 10:54 PM
I plan to go in the morning also. I'll probably see you there. I'm looking for a few items myself, but don't want to post what it is in public.

What time does it open?

StormShadow
03-28-2008, 10:55 PM
9 am according to fwgunshow.com

03LightningRocks
03-28-2008, 11:01 PM
9 am according to fwgunshow.com

Cool!!!! I'll probably get there around 10. Maybe I will see you out there.

02REDSVT
03-28-2008, 11:02 PM
I'll be heading that way, but probably afternoon when I get out of work. I have a couple of guns I'm trying to get rid of. So I'm taking them with me might trade for something esle or sell them up there.:gatling:

03LightningRocks
03-28-2008, 11:04 PM
I asked Terry if he was going and he said he no longer attends gun shows. Seems he has finally realized "Guns are Bad".:tex

03LightningRocks
03-28-2008, 11:06 PM
I'll be heading that way, but probably afternoon when I get out of work. I have a couple of guns I'm trying to get rid of. So I'm taking them with me might trade for something esle or sell them up there.:gatling:

Check out this guys sight. http://www.ammoman.com/index.htm I have ordered a few rounds from him. he is legit and I haven't found better prices on some of this 223 anywhere. Plus you don't pay tax on the ammo from him.

What are you trying to sell/trade....if you don't mind posting it?

02REDSVT
03-28-2008, 11:11 PM
Check out this guys sight. http://www.ammoman.com/index.htm I have ordered a few rounds from him. he is legit and I haven't found better prices on some of this 223 anywhere. Plus you don't pay tax on the ammo from him.

What are you trying to sell/trade....if you don't mind posting it?

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out. It's a Bersa Thunder Compact 9mm and maybe my Steyr S40.

David N
03-28-2008, 11:11 PM
...this weekend? :gatling:

I plan on going ..around 10am a well looking for a glock 18..:icon_mrgreen:

03LightningRocks
03-28-2008, 11:29 PM

Man...when you decide to buy a gun...you don't mess around.:bows Good luck finding one. those darned things are more rare than 25 year old ghetto gang bangers.

Silver_2000
03-28-2008, 11:33 PM

you sure ?

Glock 18: Selective-fire (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selective-fire) variant of the Glock 17, developed in 1987 at the request of the Austrian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austria) counter-terrorist (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counter-terrorism) unit EKO Cobra (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EKO_Cobra). The Glock 18 is not available to the civilian market. This machine pistol (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machine_pistol)-class firearm has a lever-type fire-control selector switch, installed on the left side of the slide, in the rear, serrated portion (selector lever in the in the bottom position – continuous fire, top setting – single fire).

03LightningRocks
03-28-2008, 11:34 PM
you sure ?

You just have to have the proper paperwork and the good luck to find one of them. OH....and a really big bank account...LOL.

03LightningRocks
03-28-2008, 11:47 PM
Hmmm....nobody going to take the bait?:evil OK then...you would probably have to live in Europe since they can't be legally imported into the U.S.

slick-svt
03-28-2008, 11:58 PM
I'm going tomorrow morning. I would like to find me an sks with a synthetic stock and maybe something else depending on what I can find.
The synthetic stock I had was kinda heavy....don't know how many different kind they made.

dboat
03-28-2008, 11:59 PM
Hmmm....nobody going to take the bait?:evil OK then...you would probably have to live in Europe since they can't be legally imported into the U.S.

Rocks, you might look for that Kel Tec P3AT that you have been wanting.. :evil

Dana

my2002lightning
03-29-2008, 12:21 AM
I believe that they are LE/Military sales only, Uncle Rocks.

http://www.mdwguns.com/alter_stand/G18b.jpg

gagspa
03-29-2008, 12:21 AM
I'll just wait until the one in Dallas in a couple of weeks. The last Ft. Worth one I went to really sucked. I have a Bullitt meet tomorrow morning anyway.

03LightningRocks
03-29-2008, 01:05 AM
I believe that they are LE/Military sales only, Uncle Rocks.

http://www.mdwguns.com/alter_stand/G18b.jpg

That is correct. But so are M16's. If you can find one(Glock18) anywhere in the US, I would sure like to know where. I could create havoc on a couple gun forums I lurk with that information...LOL.

03LightningRocks
03-29-2008, 01:08 AM
I'll just wait until the one in Dallas in a couple of weeks. The last Ft. Worth one I went to really sucked. I have a Bullitt meet tomorrow morning anyway.

Booo...don't tell me that. I am driving an hour or more to get to it. I will be bummed out if there aren't allot of tables.

03LightningRocks
03-29-2008, 01:20 AM
Rocks, you might look for that Kel Tec P3AT that you have been wanting.. :evil

Dana

You know, I was at B.T. today doing some shooting and I actually looked at them again. They did have a couple of the stainless...BTW. After giving them the eyeball and holding one of them again, I couldn't do it. I just don't like them. They even feel cheap. While there, I did make an interesting observation. The guys looking at the Taurus case and the Kel-Tec case are definitely on the lower end of the average income scale...LOL. Actually...I could picture them standing in a convenience store demanding the money from the register. I think I recognized one of them. He looked like one of the guys that did my roof. You may think I am joking around, but no sh!t, you could watch folks walk by what they could not afford and stop at guns that represented their income level. The clothing and appearance(hair, shaved...not shaved...ect.) all matched. It was like being in a liquor store buying the XR and watching the toothless old lady heading to the ripple.

dboat
03-29-2008, 08:09 AM
You know, I was at B.T. today doing some shooting and I actually looked at them again. They did have a couple of the stainless...BTW. After giving them the eyeball and holding one of them again, I couldn't do it. I just don't like them. They even feel cheap. While there, I did make an interesting observation. The guys looking at the Taurus case and the Kel-Tec case are definitely on the lower end of the average income scale...LOL. Actually...I could picture them standing in a convenience store demanding the money from the register. I think I recognized one of them. He looked like one of the guys that did my roof. You may think I am joking around, but no sh!t, you could watch folks walk by what they could not afford and stop at guns that represented their income level. The clothing and appearance(hair, shaved...not shaved...ect.) all matched. It was like being in a liquor store buying the XR and watching the toothless old lady heading to the ripple.

ok, this is classic.. and I wear jeans from Sams or Costco, I wear Big Dog Tshirts that I get on sale too.. I must be doing something wrong.. I almost always buy my stuff on sale.. except when it comes to my house or my car, then I buy decent stuff.. For me the guns arent something that I shoot a lot.. just something that I hope to never need to use.. my Ruger 9mm has had less than 200 rounds through it in 30 yrs. So I dont expect to have too many issues with a low use gun.. also, except for the KT, the rest are revolvers which generally have fewer problems.. so I think my decision making is sound on this.. If I were going to start shooting a LOT, I would probably look to get something different. But I still feel pretty good about what I have bought.. I also said I bought the KT on a whim, but the wife seems to like it.. but it still hasnt been shot yet, once we do that, we will have a better idea of what to do with the gun..
Btw, did you see that Ruger has copied it? almost exactly? the LCP

http://www.ruger-firearms.com/LCP/

its available, you might want to see if its at the show..

Dana

L8 APEX
03-29-2008, 09:32 AM
Ft Worth shows aren't worth the gas much less admission. Never go to one at the Dallas Convention Center either they don't allow ammo sales.

03LightningRocks
03-29-2008, 10:33 PM
Ft Worth shows aren't worth the gas much less admission. Never go to one at the Dallas Convention Center either they don't allow ammo sales.

Actually Terry....this particular show had what seemed like an arsenal of military style weapons. Ammo out the ass....and so many tables it took half the day to hit them all.

03LightningRocks
03-29-2008, 10:59 PM
ok, this is classic.. and I wear jeans from Sams or Costco, I wear Big Dog Tshirts that I get on sale too.. I must be doing something wrong.. I almost always buy my stuff on sale.. except when it comes to my house or my car, then I buy decent stuff.. For me the guns arent something that I shoot a lot.. just something that I hope to never need to use.. my Ruger 9mm has had less than 200 rounds through it in 30 yrs. So I dont expect to have too many issues with a low use gun.. also, except for the KT, the rest are revolvers which generally have fewer problems.. so I think my decision making is sound on this.. If I were going to start shooting a LOT, I would probably look to get something different. But I still feel pretty good about what I have bought.. I also said I bought the KT on a whim, but the wife seems to like it.. but it still hasnt been shot yet, once we do that, we will have a better idea of what to do with the gun..
Btw, did you see that Ruger has copied it? almost exactly? the LCP

http://www.ruger-firearms.com/LCP/

its available, you might want to see if its at the show..

Dana

Like it or not Dana, it's true. Same deal with cars. Folks almost always buy what they can afford, sometimes more than they can afford. Very rarely will folks "slum" it when they don't have to. Sometimes people will buy a product on the cheap under the mistaken impression that the particular product is the same as the expensive one. This is due, in part, to a lack of knowledge of the product and the human desire to get something for nothing than from the desire to be "cheap". I suspect this would be the primary reason for your purchase decision.

It was happening again today at the Ft Worth gun show. The low income/gang banger looking Mexicans and folks who obviously had little knowledge of firearms where admiring these little low cost guns. The folks who seemed to have superior knowledge walked right past them.

How can one tell when a person has a lack of knowledge on guns at a gun show? They all have the same dumb look on their faces. Usually accompanied by their wives, they wonder aimlessly around like you might envision an 8 year old in a sex toy shop. Guys with no knowledge of the internal combustion engine will get the same dumb look on their faces when they look into an engine compartment of a muscle car. It's a look that just tells you they have no idea what to do with all this interesting data being fed into their brains.

03LightningRocks
03-29-2008, 11:02 PM
By the way....everybody click the banner I posted....please. My daughter wins something or other if she gets enough clicks....Thanks...:D.

03LightningRocks
03-29-2008, 11:30 PM
Now that I have given the free lesson...LOL...I will address your situation more directly Dana. The gun you buy to defend your life and your wifes life should take priority over your home or cars. Somehow your getting the impression that I am trying to tease at you. Nothing could be further from the truth. I am trying to stress the importance of having the best quality and dependability you can afford in a self defense weapon. I may be wrong, but I get the idea that you figure anything that goes bang will work. Defending your life by using a firearm is serious business. A misfire can get you killed. It would be smarter to call the cops and hide in the closet than to make a stand with a half assed pistol. Once you produce the weapon, you have most likely just insured the situation will escalate quickly to deadly force. The BG is going to get scared and start shooting back. There is a dead Washington football player that would still be alive today if he hadn't gone stalking through his house hunting down an intruder. The point here is this. If your making the decision to defend yourself in this manner, forget the gimmick guns. They are cute and all, but until I see police patrolling with 410 gage pistols, I will assume that they aren't the best choice in defense weapons. Until I see police officers using the Kel-Tec pistols as their primary weapons, I will assume that they are not the best choice for me either.

Now click the damn banner...:D

L8 APEX
03-30-2008, 12:09 AM
Know your swat sign language!
http://www.powdermonster.com/amusing/txt/amusing.php?show=209
Even Hooters chicks choose guns better than Dana.
http://www.foxnews.com/photoessay/photoessay_2696_images/1117070853_M_hooters20.jpg
http://www.foxnews.com/photoessay/photoessay_2696_images/1117070853_M_hooters17.jpg

03LightningRocks
03-30-2008, 12:39 AM
http://www.powdermonster.com/amusing/txt/amusing.php?show=209
Even Hooters chicks choose guns better than Dana.
http://www.foxnews.com/photoessay/photoessay_2696_images/1117070853_M_hooters20.jpg
http://www.foxnews.com/photoessay/photoessay_2696_images/1117070853_M_hooters17.jpg

I sure likes me some Hooters Chicks. :evil

03LightningRocks
03-30-2008, 01:09 AM
http://www.powdermonster.com/amusing/pics/swat_signals.jpg

That is some funny stuff Terry.

dboat
03-30-2008, 09:22 AM
Now that I have given the free lesson...LOL...I will address your situation more directly Dana. The gun you buy to defend your life and your wifes life should take priority over your home or cars. Somehow your getting the impression that I am trying to tease at you. Nothing could be further from the truth. I am trying to stress the importance of having the best quality and dependability you can afford in a self defense weapon. I may be wrong, but I get the idea that you figure anything that goes bang will work. Defending your life by using a firearm is serious business. A misfire can get you killed. It would be smarter to call the cops and hide in the closet than to make a stand with a half assed pistol. Once you produce the weapon, you have most likely just insured the situation will escalate quickly to deadly force. The BG is going to get scared and start shooting back. There is a dead Washington football player that would still be alive today if he hadn't gone stalking through his house hunting down an intruder. The point here is this. If your making the decision to defend yourself in this manner, forget the gimmick guns. They are cute and all, but until I see police patrolling with 410 gage pistols, I will assume that they aren't the best choice in defense weapons. Until I see police officers using the Kel-Tec pistols as their primary weapons, I will assume that they are not the best choice for me either.

Rocks, you are close..

Lets go through this one more time.. btw, I do appreciate the comments and help. I will have two revolvers at our bedsides, one a 9mm the other one that shoots .410 and .45 Colts, either one of these if a very capable load to hit bad guys with.. since we havent been to the range to try out the .410 shells yet, we are not sure what we are going to load it with.. but it is a versatile gun. I will also have a .38 revolver in my vehicle. Yes its a Taurus, but revolvers are generally very reliable. Even the Taurus. Even though we have one person on this board that has had an issue, they are not known for being unreliable, if they were they probably wouldnt sell so many. I do know that Taurus didnt have a great name for themselves years ago when they were getting into the American market, but by all accounts that I can find, the new guns they produce are as good a quality gun as most anything out there.
Then there is the Kel-Tec. Its a whim buy. They make 1000 of them a week and yes you do hear of a few of them having some issues but the rate of problems is very low and they have a lifetime warranty. Furthermore, the Hard Chrome version, like the one I bought, has had very few if any issues after production. It is not a range gun to be fired thousands of times a year, its a BUG that you carry on yourself for protection. Thousand of folks do this, it will only be in the house when we are in the house, that is if we like it after we shoot it.. if we dont, then we will get something else to shoot.
I have three vehicles, the L, a '08 Cadillac CTS and a '06 Suzuki Grand Vitara.. not sure how you would classify the Suzook, but its very reliable and was a good bang for the buck compared to its competition. Great warranty, etc.. So I do buy cheap clothes and some decent ones for work.. there you have it all..
Nice part is that there is a lot of interest being shown toward the KT and Judge guns right now, so that if I dont like them, I think it will be easy to unload them..

Now on to the shooting course..

Dana

03LightningRocks
03-30-2008, 10:45 AM
Meanwhile.....back at the Gun Show. Anybody else hit this one. Seemed to have lots of guns and not allot of "deals" if you will. OK deals, but nothing to get crazy over...that I spotted. Sundays used to be the better day to go...at least for the better prices.

L8 APEX
03-30-2008, 10:47 AM
I haven't seen new gun prices change on Sunday. Every dealer is pretty much 10-20 bucks over cost at the shows anyway. That is why they collect the tax and charge 3% for credit there is no margin left.

03LightningRocks
03-30-2008, 11:13 AM
I haven't seen new gun prices change on Sunday. Every dealer is pretty much 10-20 bucks over cost at the shows anyway. That is why they collect the tax and charge 3% for credit there is no margin left.

This was the first gun show I have attended in about 7 or 8 years. I seem to remember finding better deals back then. It's probably just my age showing again. Seems everything costs more now. It kills me to see weapons I have actually owned selling for double, triple and sometimes five times more than I paid for them 15 or 20 years ago. It makes me feel like a dip sh!t for ever letting them get away from me. I would love to have an insight as to "dealer" cost on some of these guns. If margins are really that small on new guns, your right, there won't be any better deals on the new stuff than there where on Saturday. Maybe the used guns will be a different story.

StormShadow
03-30-2008, 11:20 AM
Anyone looking for ammo might as well use the link ron posted. It had better prices than any we found at the gunshow regardless of what the arrogant prick selling the ammo might tell you at the gun show. Another gun show observation is that you have to be a complete dik to sell guns.

gagspa
03-30-2008, 12:02 PM
I agree that you get what you pay for.......within reason. But not all guns fall in the categories of $150 Hi Points or $2500 Wilson Combats. There are LOTS of guns that are in between those categories and still reliable and dependable. Even the high-end guns will occasionally have problems.

As for completely trusting what LEOs carry, all I have to say is "Beretta 92FS". Biggest piece of crap I ever shot, but a common carry piece for LEOs and civilians. Many people love it, but I'd take a Taurus revolover any day over the 92FS. Hell, I'd be tempted to carry a Hi Point over it.

In the end, buy a pistol that many people trust, but then take it to the range and shoot it often enough that YOU trust it. If you have problems with it, regardless of its price, get rid of it or fix the problem.

03LightningRocks
03-30-2008, 12:12 PM
Anyone looking for ammo might as well use the link ron posted. It had better prices than any we found at the gunshow regardless of what the arrogant prick selling the ammo might tell you at the gun show. Another gun show observation is that you have to be a complete dik to sell guns.

I think there must be a question on the ammo selling application for the gun show. "Are you an arrogant prick?" If you answer no. You must answer the next question. "Do you promise to work on your skills as an arrogant prick?" If you answer no to this one, they deny you the table.

03LightningRocks
03-30-2008, 12:27 PM
Snip........ Until I see police officers using the Kel-Tec pistols as their primary weapons, I will assume that they are not the best choice for me either.

I agree that you get what you pay for.......within reason. But not all guns fall in the categories of $150 Hi Points or $2500 Wilson Combats. There are LOTS of guns that are in between those categories and still reliable and dependable. Even the high-end guns will occasionally have problems.

As for completely trusting what LEOs carry, all I have to say is "Beretta 92FS". Biggest piece of crap I ever shot, but a common carry piece for LEOs and civilians. Many people love it, but I'd take a Taurus revolover any day over the 92FS. Hell, I'd be tempted to carry a Hi Point over it.

In the end, buy a pistol that many people trust, but then take it to the range and shoot it often enough that YOU trust it. If you have problems with it, regardless of its price, get rid of it or fix the problem.

Just to be clear. I didn't mean to imply that one should "completely trust" what LEO carries. I meant to make a point about the style of weapon LEO carries.

I agree whole heartedly with your post though. Especially the part about using the weapon at the range to determine it's level of dependability. Heck, even the firearms with the best reputations can have an individual weapon that has problems. I like to make sure that I purchased a "good one" before counting on it to save my life.

Very sound advice gagspa.... IMHO. :bows

Silver_2000
03-30-2008, 03:44 PM
As for completely trusting what LEOs carry, all I have to say is "Beretta 92FS". Biggest piece of crap I ever shot, but a common carry piece for LEOs and civilians.
Like *******s, Everyone has an opinion. I own 2 92fs's now and have owned 4 or 5 in the years. In my experience they fit my hand well, they are reliable as can be and the bullets go where I point the gun. Thats wahts importnat to me. There are no fancy tricks or do dads and the bullets go where the gun is pointed. The fact that they have been the choice of military and LEO all over the works also helps.

I have been to the range with a number of people that had trouble with their own guns and I offer them the chance to shoot the 92 and they are impressed with how easy it is to be accurate.

Get something that makes sense for you. And practice with it. To use Moonshines words when the "lizard in you" takes over, knowing how to use the gun like second nature is really helpful.

slick-svt
03-30-2008, 04:47 PM
Went there today...see what the pickens were and someone did some picken of there own...a bushmaster ar-15 9mm and walked right out the door with it, no alarm on it guess they got the best deal of the weekend...:icon_eek:
Did see something I liked....
:http://san1.atlanta.gbhinc.com/GB/096126000/96126422/pix1425697015.jpg

L8 APEX
03-31-2008, 07:56 AM
Military and LEO picks are based on significant testing and standards. Kind of like anything else you buy that is MIL SPEC. The military and FBI has put it through the ringer before approving it for duty. I have owned 6 various Beretta's and they have all run flawlessly. One 92 was so accurate I shot 3 ducks with it from 25-50yds away. All of my phones and radios that have met MIL std 810 for durability have been great pieces too.
I empathize with these pricks somewhat. They are trying to compete in a very tough market and after hearing the same swindler whiners for the thousandth time it has worn thin long ago. They are just grumpy they are only making a couple bucks a gun and every time someone picks one up they ask for a discount or sales tax off etc.. Glocks are the best example I have seen. They are truly a ten dollar profit gun. I have seen govt and LEO prices and they are within ten bucks of gun show prices.

SILVER2000SVT
03-31-2008, 12:17 PM
I went in to buy a couple of extra clips for my gun. I only found 3 tables that had them and the prices ranged from $35 to $55 each where all the retail online places sell them for $25-$35 so wasn't that great a deal on those items for sure.

I saw some really cool home defense shotguns and was very tempted, even if it wasn't a great deal it was nice to see all the options in person and pick them up and handle them.

Silver_2000
03-31-2008, 12:20 PM
I went in to buy a couple of extra clips for my gun. I only found 3 tables that had them and the prices ranged from $35 to $55 each where all the retail online places sell them for $25-$35 so wasn't that great a deal on those items for sure.

I saw some really cool home defense shotguns and was very tempted, even if it wasn't a great deal it was nice to see all the options in person and pick them up and handle them.

If the online price is 25 and you add shipping and hassle - isnt that close to the price at the show ?

SILVER2000SVT
03-31-2008, 12:51 PM
If the online price is 25 and you add shipping and hassle - isnt that close to the price at the show ?

I used that same logic and went ahead and bought them while at the show.

Moonshine
03-31-2008, 01:29 PM
all I have to say is "Beretta 92FS". Biggest piece of crap I ever shot, but a common carry piece for LEOs and civilians. Hell, I'd be tempted to carry a Hi Point over it.

Don't disagree with your advice at all, but my experience with Beretta 92's has been similar to Doug's and Terry's. Carried a 92F as my first duty gun, and in a bit over 9k rounds it never hiccupped a single time. I used to be a Beretta armorer, but let my certification drop because they just didn't break often enough to warrant getting recertified.

gagspa
03-31-2008, 02:54 PM
Don't disagree with your advice at all, but my experience with Beretta 92's has been similar to Doug's and Terry's. Carried a 92F as my first duty gun, and in a bit over 9k rounds it never hiccupped a single time. I used to be a Beretta armorer, but let my certification drop because they just didn't break often enough to warrant getting recertified.
That is my point. You can alway find someone that loves a gun and someone else that hates the same one. Every model will have a bad one. Some models just happen to have more than others, which is why I think that you need to shoot it enough that YOU trust it.

My aversion to Beretta is due to a couple of things. The 92s that I have shot have not performed well and felt cheap. Maybe I just got the two bad ones they made. I would probably be able to overlook that, but my experiences with Beretta's customer service and warranty department were enough to cement my hate for Beretta (which is making my semi-auto shotgun shopping difficult)

On the other hand I LOVE my Glock as do the many government agencies that use Glock, however if you look around you will find tons of people and agencies that feel the same way about Glock as I feel about Beretta.

Chevy (Beretta) vs. Ford (Glock) :D

Silver_2000
03-31-2008, 03:02 PM
but my experiences with Beretta's customer service and warranty department were enough to cement my hate for Beretta (which is making my semi-auto shotgun shopping difficult)
I didnt know they had a customer service or warranty dept knana

TXLIGHTNING
03-31-2008, 03:05 PM
:0fftopic Does anyone know the value of this Ithaca model 37 12 Ga. Riot Gun. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=95770216

gagspa
03-31-2008, 03:14 PM
I didnt know they had a customer service or warranty dept knana

Not having one would be better than dealing with the people that I had to deal with, probably more satisfying, and definitely cheaper.

Or they could have just built a quality firearm in the first place and I wouldn't have needed the warranty department. :gatling:

L8 APEX
03-31-2008, 06:48 PM
I don't believe in warranties for any gun I own. If I need the warranty that means I could be dead. I don't take that risk. My Kahr is the only one I had a factory barrel update on. A warranty issue with a vehicle is an inconvenience, a warranty issue with a firearm is life and death. My only gripe about Berretta is the pocketed breech. I prefer the more reliable straight cut breech's of Glock, Sig etc.. No pocket to gather foulings. Brian's 1201 had a little attitude. I swayed him over to the HK/Benelli side for shotguns:evil Which the 1201 is a Benelli step child.

Moonshine
03-31-2008, 06:59 PM
(which is making my semi-auto shotgun shopping difficult)

Benelli? Or if you want a single shot semi-auto you could always buy a Franchi. :evil

Moonshine
03-31-2008, 07:00 PM
Brian's 1201 had a little attitude. I swayed him over to the HK/Benelli side for shotguns:evil Which the 1201 is a Benelli step child.

Yeah, but the 1201 had a good attitude. That was a sweet shooting gun. I never have shot the Benelli as well as I shot that 1201.

gagspa
03-31-2008, 07:24 PM
Benelli? Or if you want a single shot semi-auto you could always buy a Franchi. :evil
I not sure what I want yet, but I'm thinking semi-auto. I have recently gotten into shotgun sports (trap, skeet, 5 stand, sporting clays) and am currently using an 870 Express. I want something better, but that will not break the bank (I'll probably sell/trade a Kimber to finance the shotty). In general you can find a better semi-auto than O/U for the same price, hence the reason for the semi. I'd love to have a good O/U, but they are $1500+. I do not like synthetic stocks, so it will need to be wood and a decent brand. Otherwise I'll just get one of the cheapy $300 O/Us and keep the Kimber. My father-in-law has a Stoeger Condor O/U that has performed flawlessly, but I did have my sites set on better quality. Then again maybe I am just wanting to keep up with the Jones' but not wanting to pay for it :icon_mrgreen:

Moonshine
03-31-2008, 07:45 PM
You can find used Beretta O/U's for right around $1k. Another option is to look at the Verona O/U's. Not quite as pricey as the Beretta/Browning, but very nice guns with good wood and inlay. I had an LX692G Gold for a few years. Very nice gun.

tiffo60
04-01-2008, 09:14 AM
I not sure what I want yet, but I'm thinking semi-auto. I have recently gotten into shotgun sports (trap, skeet, 5 stand, sporting clays) and am currently using an 870 Express. I want something better, but that will not break the bank (I'll probably sell/trade a Kimber to finance the shotty). In general you can find a better semi-auto than O/U for the same price, hence the reason for the semi. I'd love to have a good O/U, but they are $1500+. I do not like synthetic stocks, so it will need to be wood and a decent brand. Otherwise I'll just get one of the cheapy $300 O/Us and keep the Kimber. My father-in-law has a Stoeger Condor O/U that has performed flawlessly, but I did have my sites set on better quality. Then again maybe I am just wanting to keep up with the Jones' but not wanting to pay for it :icon_mrgreen:

for shooting skeet I prefer a good over and under