PDA

View Full Version : Power rear window?

mxracerzero
04-02-2008, 04:34 PM
Maybe I am just really lazy but a power sliding window sounds really cool to me. If I am right the H.D.s had a power rear window in them, how hard would it be to put in. I would need the window with motor and cables, a switch, and a harness with a relay. Can anyone think of anything I have forgotten or missed? Has anyone done this before?

dboat
04-02-2008, 05:51 PM
Maybe I am just really lazy but a power sliding window sounds really cool to me. If I am right the H.D.s had a power rear window in them, how hard would it be to put in. I would need the window with motor and cables, a switch, and a harness with a relay. Can anyone think of anything I have forgotten or missed? Has anyone done this before?

there are aftermarket kits for this too..

Dana

BC Lightning
04-02-2008, 06:35 PM

Dana

which means a cheap chinese copy that is easier to break into or more prone to fail than the stock slider, I'm going solid rear window, cut down on the road noise, rattle of the slider window, and less prone to break in

03LightningRocks
04-02-2008, 09:12 PM
which means a cheap chinese copy that is easier to break into or more prone to fail than the stock slider, I'm going solid rear window, cut down on the road noise, rattle of the slider window, and less prone to break in

I never really gave it allot of thought, the slider is a pretty common entry point for thieves? I know my big ass couldn't fit through the slider, but I guess a thinner person could squeeze right through it?

dboat
04-02-2008, 09:14 PM
I never really gave it allot of thought, the slider is a pretty common entry point for thieves? I know my big ass couldn't fit through the slider, but I guess a thinner person could squeeze right through it?

Hey, I thought you had a Bow Fit body?:evil:evil

Dana

03LightningRocks
04-02-2008, 09:21 PM
Hey, I thought you had a Bow Fit body?:evil:evil

Dana

It's Bow Flex....:tex.

Mark #2
04-02-2008, 09:51 PM
It's Bow Flex....:tex.

I have a Miller Lite body and bet I can get through it fairly easily.:icon_mrgreen:

BC Lightning
04-02-2008, 09:54 PM

I asked a few on the other boards, a few of them have the Harley power rear slider

yes it is a plug and play deal, the harness for the window and the switch is already there,

03LightningRocks
04-02-2008, 10:04 PM
I have a Miller Lite body and bet I can get through it fairly easily.:icon_mrgreen:

:rll:

gagspa
04-03-2008, 09:20 AM
Any chance that this would cut down on the rattle?

dboat
04-03-2008, 09:25 AM
Any chance that this would cut down on the rattle?

going to a solid rear window would.. not sure about a power slider..

Dana

03LightningRocks
04-03-2008, 11:12 AM
Rattle? Do the sliding windows rattle? I don't remember ever hearing mine rattle.

mxracerzero
04-03-2008, 06:00 PM
I am assuming that the H.D. has a different switch block. so I am a little unsure on how the switch would look, might have to use some brain power to make a good idea. :icon_idea:

My slider doesn't rattle at all. you must put it to a lot of use!

I like the rear slider a lot more than a solid because I like to Drive windows down and with a fixed window there is a lot of extra turbulence in the cab. with the slider open it really helps to make just a nice flow through.

dboat
04-03-2008, 06:08 PM
I am assuming that the H.D. has a different switch block. so I am a little unsure on how the switch would look, might have to use some brain power to make a good idea. :icon_idea:

My slider doesn't rattle at all. you must put it to a lot of use!

I like the rear slider a lot more than a solid because I like to Drive windows down and with a fixed window there is a lot of extra turbulence in the cab. with the slider open it really helps to make just a nice flow through.

+1

mxracerzero
04-03-2008, 06:26 PM

Dana

I tried to find the aftermarket kit but had no luck could you point me in the right direction?

dboat
04-03-2008, 08:01 PM
I tried to find the aftermarket kit but had no luck could you point me in the right direction?

http://www.aztrucks.com/product.asp?Product=94

a little online help here
http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/ab_windows/article/0,,DIY_13702_2278158,00.html

http://www.truckininstyle.com/F150JacksonSlider.htm

another install..
http://www.eurekaboy.com/f250/powerslider.htm

hope this helps
Dana

BC Lightning
04-03-2008, 09:37 PM
I paid for a truck with AC, so my windows dont come down while cruising

my rattles because of the true 3" exhaust and 10" subs, I actually glued my rear slider and it stoped ratteling

Like I said earlier I'm going with a sloid rear window, looks way better than the stock slider IMO