PDA

View Full Version : Ennis in May

Beaudee
04-03-2008, 08:37 AM
Gona be a test and tune day.My truck isnt where i want it but would like to see Rocks or BC or someone with a bad ass L. show up and kick some Shelby Cobra/Mitisa B.S. ass.Got a Shelby with cold air/tune/slicks who ran a 12.8 last time on street tires and a Mits a B. S. with tune/intercooler mods. who ran a 13.02 last time who now has a clutch .My truck ran 13.2 with hot tune/several mods.Need someone here to spank some ass who deserves it.Ill post exact dat/time.B.C. is that truck gona be ready bye then.Also will be some old school mustang 13.4 capability and an unknown Viper dood with ??..Ill be there win or loose.B.T.W. I beat the Mits A B.S. every 1/8th,once in the 1/4 and the shelby one time in the 1/4 because we couldnt hook up.Gona be a good time hope some of you FAST L. rednecks can show up.:icon_mrgreen:Ill post exact date weather/planning.Thanks B. Diddley!!

wesman
04-03-2008, 11:10 AM
lol....BC hasn't even been a low 12 yet has he?

Michael, when are the elusive 11's coming?? :evil:evil

--wes

03LightningRocks
04-06-2008, 11:26 PM

--wes

:rll:

BC Lightning
04-07-2008, 09:43 AM

--wes

not for a while

the motor is finished and about to ship, I'll be picking up the frame from the powder coaters this week, I'll be installing the fiberglass leaf springs QA1's and metco lowers for the rear suspension, then need to order JJ's UCA and LCA kit as well as a set of Brembos and QA1 coil overs to finish the front suspension, then set the motor tranny and 3.4 whipple on, put the carbon fiber driveshaft on, wiring harness new fuel tank and fuel lines, put the cab back on the frame, bed and doors back on, connect everything on the motor, put the ground effects and other body pieces on, put the HRE's on, take it off the lift and start her up

I still also have to get the roof liner, back wall and a few other pieces covered in suede, and take the Corbeau stitching on the seats out and put SVT and get my center console wraped in suede, new carpet, all new plastic interior pieces, custom sub box, solid rear window, and a bunch of other things I'm probably forgetting

I say 3-5 months before its on the track

toddwarren
04-07-2008, 12:07 PM
Man you guys sure give Michael a tough time:eek2: I am rooting

for the daily driver 10 second truck from him. No doubt Michael is

putting some serious coin into that "L" it better run when done.

Good luck Michael, Hey Ron are you bringing yours out for the Spring???

BC Lightning
04-07-2008, 12:49 PM
I know its all in good fun and it motivates me even more to finish it

LOL its been so long since ron has raced he might put it in reverse on accident and take off backwards,

wesman
04-07-2008, 12:53 PM
I know its all in good fun and it motivates me even more to finish it

LOL its been so long since ron has raced he might put it in reverse on accident and take off backwards,

HAHAHA...I just like to mess with you.

Glad to see you're still motivated with the truck and want to see it through......I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. I reckon I'll be cleaning mine up a bit and getting it running well to get ready to sell.

That GT-R is calling my name.

--wes

03LightningRocks
04-07-2008, 04:18 PM
It's all in good clean fun. Michael knows we love him. I've been driving mine around town on 12-14lbs of boost. I bet it would be tough to get an 11.6 out of it like this. It is actually cheaper to drive the Lightning now than the diesel.:tex

L8 APEX
04-07-2008, 04:58 PM
[quote=03LightningRocks; It is actually cheaper to drive the Lightning now than the diesel.:tex[/quote]
Not unless you are getting over 15mpg in your L.
I get 12.5 in my stock L. 93 is costing me 3.50 a gallon which shakes out to about 29 cents a mile.
The diesel gets at least 15mpg and costs 3.85 which shakes out to about 26 cents a gallon. So it is still cheaper to drive the diesel. It is more fun to drive the L though. At your mpg the L is significantly more my built L got around 9.5mpg which is about .39 cents a mile in fuel.

BC Lightning
04-07-2008, 05:16 PM
HAHAHA...I just like to mess with you.

Glad to see you're still motivated with the truck and want to see it through......I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. I reckon I'll be cleaning mine up a bit and getting it running well to get ready to sell.

That GT-R is calling my name.

--wes

They had the GT-R at the Auto show, looked really sharp, not as sharp as the Challanger concept (had a black one this year)

since you have the Viper and SRT-10 Ram its only fitting to get the Challanger

I'm diving head first into this truck to force me to keep it, I was at the point you are at about selling it, figure if I put as much into it as I am and know I'll never get anything out of it then I might I'd keep it, I keep thinking as much as I have spent so far and will spend on the L, I could have a modded C6 Z06 in the garage

03LightningRocks
04-07-2008, 05:21 PM
Not unless you are getting over 15mpg in your L.
I get 12.5 in my stock L. 93 is costing me 3.50 a gallon which shakes out to about 29 cents a mile.
The diesel gets at least 15mpg and costs 3.85 which shakes out to about 26 cents a gallon. So it is still cheaper to drive the diesel. It is more fun to drive the L though. At your mpg the L is significantly more my built L got around 9.5mpg which is about .39 cents a mile in fuel.

Don't be confusing the issue with facts...:cool:. I am about a spit away from buying a Harley. I know that is cheaper to drive than either of my gas guzzlers.

dboat
04-07-2008, 05:21 PM
I keep thinking as much as I have spent so far and will spend on the L, I could have a modded C6 Z06 in the garage

I resemble that remark and I bet there are a few others here that do too. :evil

Dana

Beaudee
04-08-2008, 07:38 AM
So any of you fast redknecks thinking of showing,would a Friday or a Saturday be better.I dont plan on making mine a 11 sec. truck till its paid off,next year.From what i see Rocks,Wesman, B.C. Powder:icon_mrgreen:Markes Welby M.D.:icon_mrgreen:,Sixpipes:cool: Who else has some competitive/KeneBell/Whipple vehichles,T Hogg,Ohmsby???.Just think youll get to Smear a shelby and a viper on video.:bowsHell i would like to see a sick L. in action.

toddwarren
04-08-2008, 09:02 AM
Dont forget wa 2 fast Wes Tarbox!!! His L has been modified with a Kenne Bell and other goodies by Terry. Wes you go and I will drive your twin turbo ZO6 as well. :icon_mrgreen: Ron how long does it take you to turn that beast from an 11.6 into a 10.6???

Lets go racing boys, its time for this old man to see how its done Talon style!!!

Terry before you sell yours, it deserves to see the track, you know it will will make Doug proud!!!:beer:

03LightningRocks
04-08-2008, 10:25 AM
LOL...lets see.

Change the tires...15 minutes.
Put smaller upper pulley on....5 minutes.
Empty 93 from tank and dump in C16...30 minutes.
Go get 32 foot trailer and load her up....couple hours.

Getting inspired enough to want to go through all that sh!t....hard to estimate:vomit:.

toddwarren
04-08-2008, 11:17 AM
Ron I am a good laborer I can help loading the trailer:icon_mrgreen:

Not much help on the other stuff but I know how to fill a ice chest full of cold drinks!:tu:

TXLIGHTNING
04-08-2008, 12:58 PM
So any of you fast redknecks thinking of showing,would a Friday or a Saturday be better.I dont plan on making mine a 11 sec. truck till its paid off,next year.From what i see Rocks,Wesman, B.C. Powder:icon_mrgreen:Markes Welby M.D.:icon_mrgreen:,Sixpipes:cool: Who else has some competitive/KeneBell/Whipple vehichles,T Hogg,Ohmsby???.Just think youll get to Smear a shelby and a viper on video.:bowsHell i would like to see a sick L. in action. I thinking about making it down for some runs :nana2

Beaudee
04-08-2008, 02:03 PM
I thinking about making it down for some runs :nana2
Nice ,your mod list is where i want mine to be someday:rolleyes:Id like to see you run the Viper.I talked to him last night,said he'd race this time.The Shelby is gona be on slicks,race gas,tune,he hopes for 12.5 or better.

TXLIGHTNING
04-08-2008, 02:06 PM
Nice ,your mod list is where i want mine to be someday:rolleyes:Id like to see you run the Viper.I talked to him last night,said he'd race this time.The Shelby is gona be on slicks,race gas,tune,he hopes for 12.5 or better. When in May are we planning to do this?

Beaudee
04-08-2008, 02:12 PM
When in May are we planning to do this?
Its gona be in May on a friday or saturday test + tune thing.I dont have the exact day yet just wondering what day is better before gents @ work sit down to set it up with the Ennis schedule.Ill talk to them tonight and see if we can confirm anything.

TXLIGHTNING
04-08-2008, 02:16 PM
Its gona be in May on a friday or saturday test + tune thing.I dont have the exact day yet just wondering what day is better before gents @ work sit down to set it up with the Ennis schedule.Ill talk to them tonight and see if we can confirm anything. :tu:

Beaudee
04-08-2008, 02:34 PM
LOL...lets see.

Change the tires...15 minutes.
Put smaller upper pulley on....5 minutes.
Empty 93 from tank and dump in C16...30 minutes.
Go get 32 foot trailer and load her up....couple hours.

Getting inspired enough to want to go through all that sh!t....hard to estimate:vomit:.

Just set it up where you can drive the L. there.A street L. with your experience should handle most of the rif raf there. Been wanting to meet you.I have got the same way with fishing lately,by the time i load the beer,boat,launch it and deal with the gamewardens who like my coyboy hat it takes the fun out of it :rll:.

03LightningRocks
04-08-2008, 02:42 PM
Just set it up where you can drive the L. there.A street L. with your experience should handle most of the rif raf there. Been wanting to meet you.I have got the same way with fishing lately,by the time i load the beer,boat,launch it and deal with the gamewardens who like my coyboy hat it takes the fun out of it :rll:.

I haven't tried to run my truck on street tires in about three years. The last time I did that, I couldn't get her to hook up at all. That was at 460HP...I doubt real seriously that it would do it now. Sometimes I long for the days I could just throw slicks in the bed of the truck and go to the track. Once you take it past a certain point...breakdowns become more likely and nobody wants to be stuck 45 miles from home. If it's in May, I may just load it up and come out. That is down the road a bit. It actually sounds like fun.

Beaudee
04-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Id like to see Terry pulley the shit out of his and make a run or two before he sells it.Might kinda make all the troubles worth it,if not put a smile on your face.:cool:

Beaudee
04-09-2008, 08:32 AM
O.K. the date is May the 9TH.Test and tune starts @ 6 P.M. to 12 P.M..Anything under a 14 sec 1/4 needs a helmet and no shorts allowed,so that meens anyone here needs a helmet and long pants.I tried for a Saturday but none available.Post up and lets see who can show.Most of my co-workers/myself are lookin to show @ opening time.Hope to see some of the fastest L's from Talon there.Still trying to talk the wife into taken the ball peened GTO for a few,always wondered if i could beet it,be awlful close if not loose to it with a good driver.Post up!!:tu:Rocks if you cant make it,well do Margaritas @ Christinas original Rest. @ Shilo and 1171 Main sometime.I owe Terry one anyway.Not responsible for D.U.I"sOne of those Margys and your superman with a L. and jailbait.

03LightningRocks
04-09-2008, 10:35 AM
I will try to be there.:beer:

TXLIGHTNING
04-09-2008, 01:12 PM
I work till 7:30pm on Fri :mad: it will take over 3hrs to get there traffic permitting, I wont be able to make it :(. It would be around 11pm by the time I would get there. Sat and Sun are good days for me.

Beaudee
04-09-2008, 05:02 PM
I work till 7:30pm on Fri :mad: it will take over 3hrs to get there traffic permitting, I wont be able to make it :(. It would be around 11pm by the time I would get there. Sat and Sun are good days for me.

Sounds like a good day to eat off the roach coach and go home early sick:tongue:Texas Motorplex only had fridays for test and tune.

Beaudee
04-09-2008, 05:03 PM
I will try to be there.:beer:

Would love to see you make a few passes:bowsHope you can make it.

Beaudee
04-15-2008, 07:53 AM
Bud @ work races dragsters,his friend from what i here is gona show up with a dragster that runs in the 6's.Theres gona be a bunch of cool rides there.Hope you guys can show to stand up for Slow Beau.As far as you heavy modded guys just show with street tires so ill have a crack:icon_mrgreen:.

Beaudee
04-25-2008, 08:41 AM
MitsaB.S. Evo Lancer 06 with big turbo,methanol injection,heads challenges any lightning here.Whos gona show????

Beaudee
04-25-2008, 08:50 AM
We are gona meet early around 3:00PM for lunch somewhere??Its gona take a heavy modded lightning to woop this Mits aB.S. Lancer guys ass.I dont have what it takes on my truck,need some heavy modded guys to step here.I will donate 2 Round trip airfare tickets(space available) to the first guy who beats him.If you Loose,you owe drink bill afterwords.:cool:

BC Lightning
04-25-2008, 09:16 AM
We are gona meet early around 3:00PM for lunch somewhere??Its gona take a heavy modded lightning to woop this Mits aB.S. Lancer guys ass.I dont have what it takes on my truck,need some heavy modded guys to step here.I will donate 2 Round trip airfare tickets(space available) to the first guy who beats him.If you Loose,you owe drink bill afterwords.:cool:

How about a Vette?? I know of a 06 Z06 that just ran 10.3 out at Ennis a few weeks ago

(It is not my car, I don't think the car is better than anyone's car, please don't take offense to what I posted)

Beaudee
04-25-2008, 09:20 AM
How about a Vette?? I know of a 06 Z06 that just ran 10.3 out at Ennis a few weeks ago

(It is not my car, I don't think the car is better than anyone's car, please don't take offense to what I posted)

Gotta be a Lightning to win,its gona take U or rocks or??Westman, hell who has the fastest L here now.to put this guy away.He Challenges lightnings:evilHe sucks off the lights,a good run with a K.B. L. will take him.He sucks in the 1/8 but before you pass the 1/4 he will eat U up.I dont think he will get out of the 12's.I see a transmission swallowing metal chunks.Dood seems pretty confident.Shelby will be on race gas,tune,slicks.I bee on street tires.Heck with loser buying drinks,just beat this guy and U get the tickets.

Beaudee
04-25-2008, 09:56 AM
You must post up to the challenge to win the tickets(2 round trip tickets,standby),any non show buys the Talon Club Club 2 rounds of drinks @ June meeting.If U loose you loose nothing but loose to a 4 cyl. Mits A B.S..What im trying to do here is get some of you doods to comit to showing up.Any Lightning that posts to show is game .If anything a good time guarenteed..:cool:Hell i would take this challenge with a K.B. Lightning on a stock block anyday.Challenge not limited to the Talon Club.Just post up and show.U only need to beat the Lancer to win.

Beaudee
04-25-2008, 11:18 AM
No takers!!I throw in the towl and buy a toyota.:cool:Not in ur worst dayknana

TXLIGHTNING
04-25-2008, 11:40 AM
I'm going to try to be there. Hopefully I will have my slicks by then. I will post up if I cant make it :tu:.

Beaudee
04-25-2008, 11:46 AM
O.K. since this a challenge.first post gets first challenge shot.U all aint skaired of a EVO are U.Camoon step up folks.:tex

Beaudee
04-25-2008, 11:52 AM
I'm going to try to be there. Hopefully I will have my slicks by then. I will post up if I cant make it :tu:.

U got first shot kid,U best show up or im sure several folks will show @ the next meeting to collect.Too late U posted:icon_mrgreen::tongue:Doods just a nother ricer gold sloger drinker:rll:Funny thing is first time i drank that stuff,i told the bar keep there was foreign material in it.I didnt realize they put gold flakes in it.:tex Tex. Lightning first shot:bows Who has 2ND shot ???????????

03LightningRocks
04-25-2008, 12:45 PM
Round trip tickets to where?

L8 APEX
04-25-2008, 04:52 PM
Round trip tickets to where?
Wherever Southwest Flys

TXLIGHTNING
04-25-2008, 06:10 PM
Picking up my slicks in the morning, and just ordered Metco lowers that will go on next week :nana2.

FRDRCING
04-25-2008, 06:12 PM
Wherever Southwest Flys

You are now to Free about the Country:evil

L8 APEX
04-25-2008, 07:46 PM
Picking up my slicks in the morning, and just ordered Metco lowers that will go on next week :nana2.
Let me know how fast you get them. It took two months to get my last set.

03LightningRocks
04-25-2008, 07:49 PM
Wherever Southwest Flys

They fly to Hawaii?

L8 APEX
04-25-2008, 07:54 PM
They fly to Hawaii?
Not directly anyway, lol. You can fly home to Kentucky:tu:

Beaudee
04-25-2008, 07:58 PM
Ill throw in a 2nd set of passes(2 round trip) for another challenger.Tony has first shot.Anymore takers???????????:icon_mrgreen:Same rules apply in above posts:icon_mrgreen:Well call this PASS FOR GAS DAY:tongue:c4TdPxOXuYw

03LightningRocks
04-25-2008, 08:04 PM
Ill throw in a 2nd set of passes(2 round trip) for another challenger.Tony has first shot.Anymore takers???????????:icon_mrgreen:Same rules apply in above posts:icon_mrgreen:Well call this PASS FOR GAS DAY:tongue:c4TdPxOXuYw

OK

dboat
04-25-2008, 09:27 PM
They fly to Hawaii?

yes they do. but who would want to fly coach to Hawaii on SWA? that would absolutely positively $uck. IMHO

Dana

Beaudee
04-25-2008, 09:39 PM
yes they do. but who would want to fly coach to Hawaii on SWA? that would absolutely positively $uck. IMHO

Dana
A bunch of us hard working,no money for gas,vacation would.Keep paying those high dollar American fees.I dont think Hawai is poss..I prefer Fla.,Vegas:icon_mrgreen:

03LightningRocks
04-25-2008, 10:08 PM

Dana

On Southwest Airlines, EVERY seat is first class!:D

BC Lightning
04-25-2008, 10:20 PM

Dana

Only reasoI still fly AA is because of airmiles, but even those are getting harder and harder to use

ZeusSVT
04-25-2008, 10:35 PM
Only reasoI still fly AA is because of airmiles, but even those are getting harder and harder to use

Sure are, it was a pain in the arse when we were booking a flight to Indiana for June, and we did it two months in advance. It's funny to go on their website and see ALL the flights available for that day and then to go back and change it to use your airline miles. It goes from about 10 flights a day down to 2 or 3 and they are all usually EARLY morning. :flaming:

dboat
04-26-2008, 10:12 AM

yep, a first class pain in the arse.. :evil

dboat
04-26-2008, 10:13 AM
Sure are, it was a pain in the arse when we were booking a flight to Indiana for June, and we did it two months in advance. It's funny to go on their website and see ALL the flights available for that day and then to go back and change it to use your airline miles. It goes from about 10 flights a day down to 2 or 3 and they are all usually EARLY morning. :flaming:

you do have to plan well in advance and then seating is limited.. although, I am using mine to fly to Hawaii from Cleveland in Sept.. first class seats all the way..

Dana

Beaudee
04-26-2008, 11:26 AM

:bows I fly to greece coach(Lufansa):eek:Southwest seats actually have more room than some of the other airline chicken crates.You have to know where to sit,like next to a hot chick!I love the all leather seats SWA has,very comfortable.Dana are U an extra large fella or something(bear killer):evil Im 6'4" and find the seats just fine,you pansy ass whinner:rll::rll:I get to fly 4th,with the stewardesses and 3rd with the pilots,now theres a tight fit but the view is awsome.

03LightningRocks
04-26-2008, 11:34 AM
So what is the date of this?

dboat
04-26-2008, 03:07 PM
:bows I fly to greece coach(Lufansa):eek:Southwest seats actually have more room than some of the other airline chicken crates.You have to know where to sit,like next to a hot chick!I love the all leather seats SWA has,very comfortable.Dana are U an extra large fella or something(bear killer):evil Im 6'4" and find the seats just fine,you pansy ass whinner:rll::rll:I get to fly 4th,with the stewardesses and 3rd with the pilots,now theres a tight fit but the view is awsome.

I am XXXL... :evil no pansy ass whiner here.. I have hundreds of thousands of miles..I dont care for SWA but am flying them tomorrow..

Dana

03LightningRocks
04-26-2008, 03:14 PM
I am XXXXXL... :evil no pansy ass whiner here.. I have hundreds of thousands of miles..I dont care for SWA but am flying them tomorrow..

Dana

There...fixed it for you Dana.:cool:

dboat
04-26-2008, 03:32 PM
There...fixed it for you Dana.:cool:

Thanks Rocks.. not sure what I would do without ya... :gatling:

03LightningRocks
04-26-2008, 04:12 PM
:d

Beaudee
04-26-2008, 06:49 PM
So what is the date of this?

May the 9th.Test and tune starts @ 6P.M. till 12P.M..We plan on meeting somewhere for lunch around 3 or 4pm to beat the traffic.Anyone know a good place on the way to meet and eat?

Beaudee
04-26-2008, 06:53 PM
I am XXXL... :evil no pansy ass whiner here.. I have hundreds of thousands of miles..I dont care for SWA but am flying them tomorrow..

Dana Id rather fly 1st classs to but cant afford it.I also fly American with the miles from my credit card.:tu:

TXLIGHTNING
04-28-2008, 12:11 PM
Let me know how fast you get them. It took two months to get my last set. Will do Terry :tu:

L8 APEX
04-28-2008, 01:05 PM
You should have bought my set while you were in town this weekend.:hammer:

TXLIGHTNING
04-28-2008, 01:07 PM
You should have bought my set while you were in town this weekend.:hammer: Damn Terry, didn't know you had a set. You should have told me when we were exchanging Pm's, I would have got them from you.

BC Lightning
04-28-2008, 02:59 PM
those were ordered for a truck that needs to get finished and out of my garage

TXLIGHTNING
04-28-2008, 03:17 PM
those were ordered for a truck that needs to get finished and out of my garage Looks like you better pick them up before T sells them :icon_mrgreen:.

Beaudee
04-29-2008, 07:57 PM
Anyone gona show with a video camera?

TXLIGHTNING
04-30-2008, 11:59 AM
Anyone gona show with a video camera?+1 who else is showing for this? I will need someone to watch my chit while I'm racing, or another truck with a cover to put them in. I would hate for my 2 stock rims/tires and jack to get stolen.

03LightningRocks
04-30-2008, 12:10 PM
+1 who else is showing for this? I will need someone to watch my chit while I'm racing, or another truck with a cover to put them in. I would hate for my 2 stock rims/tires and jack to get stolen.

Now as soon as I post this, I will be proven stupid, but I have never had anything jacked at Ennis or any other race track. Even on test and tune nights, which can attract some unsavory types. If everyone parks in the same location I think there will be safety in numbers. Everybody be sure and introduce yourselves to each other and if you see someone meandering around the Lightnings, watch the hell out of them and hope they try and steal something so you can find out what it feels like to shoot a sum bitch.

TXLIGHTNING
04-30-2008, 12:10 PM
Will do Terry :tu: Looks like they will be here Fri Terry.
Tracking Detail
Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 05/02/2008.

Tracking Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Type: Package Status: In Transit - On Time Scheduled Delivery: 05/02/2008 Shipped To: LONGVIEW, TX, US Shipped/Billed On: 04/29/2008 Service: GROUND Weight: 26.00 Lbs Multiple Packages: 2
Package Progress Location Date Local Time Description DORAVILLE,
GA, US 04/30/2008 6:07 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN 04/30/2008 1:10 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN ATLANTA,
GA, US 04/30/2008 12:33 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN 04/30/2008 12:09 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN ANDERSON,
SC, US 04/29/2008 9:17 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN 04/29/2008 6:30 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN US 04/29/2008 3:43 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED
Tracking results provided by UPS: 04/30/2008 1:02 P.M. ET

TXLIGHTNING
04-30-2008, 12:18 PM
Now as soon as I post this, I will be proven stupid, but I have never had anything jacked at Ennis or any other race track. Even on test and tune nights, which can attract some unsavory types. If everyone parks in the same location I think there will be safety in numbers. Everybody be sure and introduce yourselves to each other and if you see someone meandering around the Lightnings, watch the hell out of them and hope they try and steal something so you can find out what it feels like to shoot a sum bitch.+1 good advice Rocks :tu:

toddwarren
04-30-2008, 01:53 PM
Barring something unforseen I will be there, and am bringing my 02 Harley

Davidson and my sons 02 Lightning which does have a locking snug lid

cover if we need it.

I have met Terry, Ron, Michael, and Doug from Talon, so for you I have

not met I am looking forward to seeing some racing and drinking a beer

with you all.

Todd

TXLIGHTNING
04-30-2008, 01:54 PM
Barring something unforseen I will be there, and am bringing my 02 Harley

Davidson and my sons 02 Lightning which does have a locking snug lid

cover if we need it.

I have met Terry, Ron, Michael, and Doug from Talon, so for you I have

not met I am looking forward to seeing some racing and drinking a beer

with you all.

Todd Sound's great Todd :beer:

03LightningRocks
04-30-2008, 02:01 PM
Not to be a party pooper, but for those who plan to drink beer, keep in mind that stuff happens when racing and if stuff happens to you and they smell beer on your breath you will be facing some real serious legal issues...both civil and criminal. Don't take the risk lightly. I have seen alot of crashes at drag strips and am fairly certain that none of them were planned wrecks.

toddwarren
04-30-2008, 02:06 PM
You are not a party pooper Ron, you are just exercising good judgement!

I am not racing my Harley just coming to watch and fellowship and not get

drunk!

TXLIGHTNING
04-30-2008, 02:24 PM
O.K. the date is May the 9TH.Test and tune starts @ 6 P.M. to 12 AM..Anything under a 14 sec 1/4 needs a helmet and no shorts allowed,so that meens anyone here needs a helmet and long pants. I have a extra helmet if anyone needs one, just let me know :tu:

TXLIGHTNING
04-30-2008, 02:26 PM
Not to be a party pooper, but for those who plan to drink beer, keep in mind that stuff happens when racing and if stuff happens to you and they smell beer on your breath you will be facing some real serious legal issues...both civil and criminal. Don't take the risk lightly. I have seen alot of crashes at drag strips and am fairly certain that none of them were planned wrecks. Another good post, BTW are you coming out Rocks?

03LightningRocks
04-30-2008, 05:24 PM
Another good post, BTW are you coming out Rocks?

Only if this is going to be a Cristian affair with no booze, cussing or wild loose under aged women.

wesman
04-30-2008, 11:15 PM
Only if this is going to be a Cristian affair with no booze, cussing or wild loose under aged women.

that rules me out...the only way I'd make it is if all of the above were false :evil:evil

--wes

03LightningRocks
04-30-2008, 11:33 PM
that rules me out...the only way I'd make it is if all of the above were false :evil:evil

--wes

:evil

Beaudee
05-01-2008, 07:32 AM

I dont drink and drive period!!!!!!!Especially @ the track,neither will any of my friends.I am really looking forward to you showing.This is nothing but a little fun and grudge racing.:tu:

Beaudee
05-01-2008, 07:34 AM
+1 who else is showing for this? I will need someone to watch my chit while I'm racing, or another truck with a cover to put them in. I would hate for my 2 stock rims/tires and jack to get stolen.

Ill have several people there to watch your stuff.That kinda stuff doesnt go on out there does it?

Beaudee
05-01-2008, 07:37 AM
Now as soon as I post this, I will be proven stupid, but I have never had anything jacked at Ennis or any other race track. Even on test and tune nights, which can attract some unsavory types. If everyone parks in the same location I think there will be safety in numbers. Everybody be sure and introduce yourselves to each other and if you see someone meandering around the Lightnings, watch the hell out of them and hope they try and steal something so you can find out what it feels like to shoot a sum bitch.

Ill make sure someone big watches our stuff!!:icon_mrgreen:

03LightningRocks
05-01-2008, 10:10 AM
Ill have several people there to watch your stuff.That kinda stuff doesnt go on out there does it?

Not in my experience. I have been to this track many times as well as others all over the country. I have yet to have anything stolen. This doesn't mean I go into stupid mode. The usual precautions have to be observed. Times, they are a changing and with all the Katrina immigrants, crime is for more rampant these days than it use to be. They don't really see it as stealing. They figure you didn't want it any more since you just left it laying there.:icon_mrgreen:

Beaudee
05-01-2008, 10:24 AM
Not in my experience. I have been to this track many times as well as others all over the country. I have yet to have anything stolen. This doesn't mean I go into stupid mode. The usual precautions have to be observed. Times, they are a changing and with all the Katrina immigrants, crime is for more rampant these days than it use to be. They don't really see it as stealing. They figure you didn't want it any more since you just left it laying there.:icon_mrgreen:
I think you watch COPS and the News too much:rll::rll::rll:Well make sure someone watches our stuff:tu:

Beaudee
05-01-2008, 10:32 AM
Ya know only 2 challengers so far against the (4cyl)Lancer.If someone looses anyone else want a crack.If the track is crowded and too hard to line up for grudge racing,time slips with witnesses will do:icon_mrgreen:How about a Viper or a Shelby cobra grudge.Tickets only good for winner against the Lancer.

TXLIGHTNING
05-01-2008, 12:42 PM
Ya know only 2 challengers so far against the (4cyl)Lancer.If someone looses anyone else want a crack.If the track is crowded and too hard to line up for grudge racing,time slips with witnesses will do:icon_mrgreen:How about a Viper or a Shelby cobra grudge.Tickets only good for winner against the Lancer. Who called 2nd challenge?

Beaudee
05-02-2008, 07:39 AM
Who called 2nd challenge?

Mr. Lightning Rocks Ron.That Lancer dood is up to something,hasnt been seen @ work for days.Rumer is heworkin on the car.:texYou guys got your work cut out for ya..:icon_mrgreen:

03LightningRocks
05-02-2008, 02:26 PM
Mr. Lightning Rocks Ron.That Lancer dood is up to something,hasnt been seen @ work for days.Rumer is heworkin on the car.:texYou guys got your work cut out for ya..:icon_mrgreen:

You may not want to be my buddy anymore. I may be screwed out of going. I have to meet with some of the cheezes at Lennox corporate. It's one of those can't miss deals. You may want to do a shout out to T. Hogg. He loves putting hot shots in their place...LOL...he's done it to me a couple times.:D

TXLIGHTNING
05-02-2008, 02:56 PM
Looks like they will be here Fri Terry.
Tracking Detail
Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 05/02/2008.

Tracking Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Type: Package Status: In Transit - On Time Scheduled Delivery: 05/02/2008 Shipped To: LONGVIEW, TX, US Shipped/Billed On: 04/29/2008 Service: GROUND Weight: 26.00 Lbs Multiple Packages: 2
Package Progress Location Date Local Time Description DORAVILLE,
GA, US 04/30/2008 6:07 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN 04/30/2008 1:10 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN ATLANTA,
GA, US 04/30/2008 12:33 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN 04/30/2008 12:09 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN ANDERSON,
SC, US 04/29/2008 9:17 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN 04/29/2008 6:30 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN US 04/29/2008 3:43 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED
Tracking results provided by UPS: 04/30/2008 1:02 P.M. ET

Got them today, installing in the morning :tu: http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/Ganja_001.jpg (http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/24169)http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/Ganja_002.jpg (http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/24170)

Mark #2
05-02-2008, 04:19 PM
Can you post pictures of the bottom plates under the springs, I would like to see if they changed the design over the years?

Beaudee
05-02-2008, 05:01 PM
You may not want to be my buddy anymore. I may be screwed out of going. I have to meet with some of the cheezes at Lennox corporate. It's one of those can't miss deals. You may want to do a shout out to T. Hogg. He loves putting hot shots in their place...LOL...he's done it to me a couple times.:D

Looks like next meetig you buy 2 rounds:tongue:No problem Ron I just wanted to see your truck run a pass.Maybe sometime in the future.:tu:

Beaudee
05-02-2008, 05:09 PM
I was thinkin of taken my tailgate off and the spare tire to loose some weight.Last time i ran 13.2 on street tires and it was hot as hell @ the track.I just want to be in the 12's.You guys think that will help.Heck its a good 100lbs off.Im hoping for a cool night and a sticky track:icon_mrgreen:Still got 2 tickets up for grabs.I truly dont think the Lancer will get out of the 12's.See ya all there.:tu:

TXLIGHTNING
05-02-2008, 05:18 PM
Can you post pictures of the bottom plates under the springs, I would like to see if they changed the design over the years? No problem Mark, let me dig them out :beer:.

I was thinkin of taken my tailgate off and the spare tire to loose some weight.Last time i ran 13.2 on street tires and it was hot as hell @ the track.I just want to be in the 12's.You guys think that will help.Heck its a good 100lbs off.Im hoping for a cool night and a sticky track:icon_mrgreen:Still got 2 tickets up for grabs.I truly dont think the Lancer will get out of the 12's.See ya all there.:tu: I cant hurt :icon_mrgreen:.

TXLIGHTNING
05-02-2008, 05:34 PM
Can you post pictures of the bottom plates under the springs, I would like to see if they changed the design over the years? Here ya go Mark :tu: I think this is what you wanted a pic of.
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/Metco_plates_002.jpg (http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/24172/size/big/cat//ppuser/1183)http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/Metco_plates_001.jpg (http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/24171/size/big/cat//ppuser/1183)

my2002lightning
05-02-2008, 05:53 PM
Beau,

Remove your tow-hitch and passenger-seat, too. Good luck.:tu:

I was thinkin of taken my tailgate off and the spare tire to loose some weight.Last time i ran 13.2 on street tires and it was hot as hell @ the track.I just want to be in the 12's.You guys think that will help.Heck its a good 100lbs off.Im hoping for a cool night and a sticky track:icon_mrgreen:Still got 2 tickets up for grabs.I truly dont think the Lancer will get out of the 12's.See ya all there.:tu:

TXLIGHTNING
05-02-2008, 06:02 PM
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/Metco_plates_005.jpg (http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/24175/size/big/cat//ppuser/1183)http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/Metco_plates_004.jpg (http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/24174/size/big/cat//ppuser/1183)http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/Metco_plates_003.jpg (http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/24173/size/big/cat//ppuser/1183)

TXLIGHTNING
05-02-2008, 06:44 PM
Post up if you are going next Fri the 9th :beer:.

TP Derrick D
05-02-2008, 11:19 PM

Too bad Rocks, I was thinking about rolling out there if you were going,its been quite a few months since I been to a TALON gathering or even the track.

03LightningRocks
05-03-2008, 12:17 AM
Too bad Rocks, I was thinking about rolling out there if you were going,its been quite a few months since I been to a TALON gathering or even the track.

Yeah it's been awhile for me too. Work is taking a lot of my free time these days. Rumor has it, if I work hard now, I can take it easy later. Heck...I might just throw the slicks in the bed and do it the way I used to. I would be a bit hesitant to open her wide up with no trailer to get home with, but I could have some fun. It just depends on how long the meeting last. :beer:

Beaudee
05-03-2008, 09:39 AM
:tu:
Yeah it's been awhile for me too. Work is taking a lot of my free time these days. Rumor has it, if I work hard now, I can take it easy later. Heck...I might just throw the slicks in the bed and do it the way I used to. I would be a bit hesitant to open her wide up with no trailer to get home with, but I could have some fun. It just depends on how long the meeting last. :beer:

Live for today not tommorrow.:icon_mrgreen:Bring the A/C guys with you,i need something to coool my intercooler.Good luck

Beaudee
05-03-2008, 10:01 AM

You should come anyway to support the other members there.Bring your pit crew.:icon_mrgreen:

Beaudee
05-03-2008, 07:55 PM
Post up if you are going next Fri the 9th :beer:.
Ill be there, and i want to line up with U for a pass:cool:Get there @ 6PM so we can line up for grudge:icon_mrgreen:I got one of the old hot Terry tunes ill be runnin.

Beaudee
05-04-2008, 07:40 PM
So whos going drag racin friday??f0RNZnTmKzg Enjoy your truck before gas hits 5 bucks a gallon.Still got 2 tickets up for grabs.Must post to win:icon_mrgreen:

Beaudee
05-04-2008, 07:44 PM
I see a Whipple in my futureNR6UKM4oTPk:bows

Beaudee
05-04-2008, 07:53 PM
Last post for me,hope to see some fast L. out there,its gona be a bang :d http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqdbCGzmCfg

wesman
05-04-2008, 09:13 PM
Talked with Jeffro, we may be out there with Big Rob. I'll likely take the Viper out there, Jeff will have his C6.

What are the tickets you speak of Beau?

Beaudee
05-05-2008, 10:00 AM
Talked with Jeffro, we may be out there with Big Rob. I'll likely take the Viper out there, Jeff will have his C6.

What are the tickets you speak of Beau?

2 round trip (standby,space available)tickets for SWA.Tickets are good for wherever they fly.Texas Lightning Tony has first shot,Lightning Rocks has second if he shows.You have to beat an 06 Lancer to win,got to be done with a lightning.Lancer is heavily modded.12's maybe 11's.Theres gona be a Shelby GT500,old school mustangs,viper showing for sure.Guy with dragster isnt gone make it hes going to Kennedale.Just have to wait and see who will show.I have a grudge with the Shelby,Old school mustang(fast) and the Lancer who i got lucky and beat once last time because of reaction time.Hes got a big turbo now and methanol injection,H.D. clutch.Hopefully wont be too crowded so we can line up for grudge.We plan to be there when the gates open @ 6PM.

03LightningRocks
05-05-2008, 10:22 AM
2 round trip (standby,space available)tickets for SWA.Tickets are good for wherever they fly.Texas Lightning Tony has first shot,Lightning Rocks has second if he shows.You have to beat an 06 Lancer to win,got to be done with a lightning.Lancer is heavily modded.12's maybe 11's.Theres gona be a Shelby GT500,old school mustangs,viper showing for sure.Guy with dragster isnt gone make it hes going to Kennedale.Just have to wait and see who will show.I have a grudge with the Shelby,Old school mustang(fast) and the Lancer who i got lucky and beat once last time because of reaction time.Hes got a big turbo now and methanol injection,H.D. clutch.Hopefully wont be too crowded so we can line up for grudge.We plan to be there when the gates open @ 6PM.

If you line up in the staging lanes, one in front of the other, they usually don't mind you running each other. Just ask nice.:icon_mrgreen:

Beaudee
05-05-2008, 10:38 AM
If you line up in the staging lanes, one in front of the other, they usually don't mind you running each other. Just ask nice.:icon_mrgreen:

O.K..Last time the lanes only had a few cars and it was easy to line up.Ill try it.:tu:

03LightningRocks
05-05-2008, 10:45 AM
O.K..Last time the lanes only had a few cars and it was easy to line up.Ill try it.:tu:

It makes it hard when you try to line up side by side in the staging lanes. If your timing is off, they have to pull cars out of order to get you beside each other. It's a pain in the butt for them. When your one behind the other they can point you to one lane and your buddy to the other. That is how we used to make it work...now that I have suggested it...they will make me out a dumski and do it different.

TXLIGHTNING
05-05-2008, 11:40 AM
Ill be there, and i want to line up with U for a pass:cool:Get there @ 6PM so we can line up for grudge:icon_mrgreen:I got one of the old hot Terry tunes ill be runnin. I'll be there man. But it will be around 7pm. It is supposed to be over 90 degrees on Fri, so it would be better to run the trucks when the temp drops a little :tu:.

Beaudee
05-05-2008, 02:58 PM
I'll be there man. But it will be around 7pm. It is supposed to be over 90 degrees on Fri, so it would be better to run the trucks when the temp drops a little :tu:.

We might have our hands full with the EVO if its gona be hot.MPSXEteQ7H8&feature=related The Evo actually has vortex generators on the back of the roof.Those cars are fast and also do well on fuel.

Beaudee
05-05-2008, 03:08 PM
Ill se if we can slip under his hood and install this on his blow-off valve:rll::rll:o1UxGjRUJVE&feature=related

TP Derrick D
05-05-2008, 10:17 PM
You should come anyway to support the other members there.Bring your pit crew.:icon_mrgreen:

Yep, you're right, may just do that. Spend that tax rebate check at the track instead of the mall or WallyWorld!!:evil

Beaudee
05-06-2008, 07:53 AM
Yep, you're right, may just do that. Spend that tax rebate check at the track instead of the mall or WallyWorld!!:evil
A good place to unwind.:tu:

Beaudee
05-06-2008, 07:58 AM
The Lancer wont have the methanol kit,comin from england,probally just the big turbo for fri.That means he lost 100H.P..Still someone to be reconed with.:icon_mrgreen:

L8 APEX
05-08-2008, 09:58 PM
I may show, it is a major ordeal getting down there from Plano a 5 o clock...:icon_eek:

wesman
05-08-2008, 10:34 PM
I may show, it is a major ordeal getting down there from Plano a 5 o clock...:icon_eek:

It'd be good to see you T....first track burger is on me if you make it :rll::rll:

--wes

L8 APEX
05-08-2008, 10:36 PM
It'd be good to see you T....first track burger is on me if you make it :rll::rll:

--wes
track burger my ass!
Maybe some salty chop and Alfredo shells:D

wesman
05-08-2008, 10:49 PM
track burger my ass!
Maybe some salty chop and Alfredo shells:D

Hehehe...that's always available. She tried to feed me chops tonight and I pulled out the presidential veto....we ended up with beef ribs on the grille.....mmmmmmmmm:bows:bows

--wes

Beaudee
05-08-2008, 10:58 PM

Hope to see ya there.Im gona push my truck to the limitknanaSee if you can get out earlier.The Lancer might not make it.His turbo is installed but waiting on tuner.Im hoping he makes it.Theres a pretty good grudge btwn him and the shelby.If he doesnt make it ill give the tickets to whoever beats me.!st shot Tony,then Rocks if he shows.Rocks dont show ,whoever finds me first gets the shot.

Beaudee
05-08-2008, 11:18 PM
If anyone wants to try a Viper,Shelby,Slo Bo, show up and find us.:tu:Hopefully the Lancer.

wesman
05-08-2008, 11:57 PM
Hopefully Jeff-ro gets out of work in time. I hope to be out there by 630ish to get a few runs in. We shall see.

--wes

Beaudee
05-09-2008, 08:09 AM

You bringing the L. or did you sell it.

L8 APEX
05-09-2008, 08:33 AM
Still got it, you can't give away an American V8 right now:tex

Beaudee
05-09-2008, 08:58 AM

Bring it out and make a few passes.Mise as well enjoy it:tu:Just wait till oil hits the 200bucks a barrel.

Beaudee
05-09-2008, 09:20 AM
The track is an excellent place to put a 4 sale sign on your truck and find a possible buyer.:tu:

Sonicblue03
05-09-2008, 09:21 AM

You can give it to me..:tu:

TXLIGHTNING
05-09-2008, 10:13 AM
See you guys this evening :beer: Come on out Terry.

L8 APEX
05-09-2008, 01:21 PM
I wanted to bring my trailer and set up fans, lights, etc but it just costs too much to haul. It is going to be 90 degrees so no records will be broken. I would add at least half a second to whatever you are expecting.

Alpine
05-09-2008, 01:23 PM
Hopefully Jeff-ro gets out of work in time. I hope to be out there by 630ish to get a few runs in. We shall see.

--wesI will be there!

L8 APEX
05-10-2008, 12:22 AM
It was nice to see everyone! Thanks for making the long haul Tony, bring the dog next time. I miss my old Arlington crew it sucks being stuck up here in north Dallas. You guys are multiplying like rabbits down there:tu:.

wesman
05-10-2008, 12:40 AM
Good to see everyone....I should have brought out one of the trucks...the Viper ran like sh!t....definitely need to find out what's up with it since it ran more mph stock than it does now even though I have 100rwhp more than before :flaming::flaming::flaming::confused::confused::co nfused:

--wes

Beaudee
05-10-2008, 10:23 AM
Had a good time!!I got to Wax a Nissan Titan,and for those who left early i beat the Shelby in a grudge.Wesley,i dont no what happened to my bud with the viper,but yours was awsome:bows.The Lancer tore his new clutch up and never made it out of the 13's:tongue:I ran my warm tune and best time was 13.3.Tony love your truck and that K.B. whine:bowsI wanted to line up with ya when you where behind me but the Shelby wanted to grudge me.It made my day beating him,he boke his tires loose.His best time was 12.6 along with Tony's 12.6.Tony P.M. for the tickets.Good to see you guys out there.:tu:Ill post the video when we get it worked out.Donnie nice Z06:bows.

Beaudee
05-10-2008, 10:26 AM
I will be there!Nice meeting you Jeff.:tu:

Beaudee
05-10-2008, 10:28 AM

Good to see you Derrick,trucks lookin good:tu:

TP Derrick D
05-12-2008, 12:15 AM
Good to see you Derrick,trucks lookin good:tu:

Thanks man, I try to keep it nice since I plan on keeping it (unless I get an offer I just can't refuse). Also good to get out there for first time since '05, since I missed past 2 Fun Fords. Nice L's guys, awesome Viper Wes and my man Rob & Jeffro...man had good time wit ya!!! Bad a$$ Vette...still hate N.O.S tho.:D...Terry great color L...Quick & Sucessful Silver!!!:tu:

toddwarren
05-12-2008, 09:32 AM
Well Lance and I had a lot of fun Friday night!! I am not sure but I think I created a monster:D He babbled on until we were dang near in Hutchins about his racing debut.

I guess he ran a 14.07 right at 98 MPH!!

Nice to meet some new Talon people as well.

Todd

TXLIGHTNING
05-12-2008, 12:13 PM
It was nice to see everyone! Thanks for making the long haul Tony, bring the dog next time. I miss my old Arlington crew it sucks being stuck up here in north Dallas. You guys are multiplying like rabbits down there:tu:. Thanks Terry, I had fun :D.

Tony love your truck and that K.B. whine:bowsI wanted to line up with ya when you where behind me but the Shelby wanted to grudge me.It made my day beating him,he boke his tires loose.His best time was 12.6 along with Tony's 12.6.Tony P.M. for the tickets.Good to see you guys out there.:tu:Ill post the video when we get it worked out.Donnie nice Z06:bows. Thanks Beau, it was great meeting you guys, I had fun Fri night and we need to set something else up soon before it gets much hotter. Plus I need to work on my 60ft BAD :hammer: 12.684 on pump gas with 14* timing 11.40 AF and a 1.997 spinning through the 60ft :flaming:. I was digging into it to hard. My RT's were good, the worse was .545 best was .179. Hey Beau, did you get me on video?

Beaudee
05-12-2008, 02:15 PM
Thanks Terry, I had fun :D.

Thanks Beau, it was great meeting you guys, I had fun Fri night and we need to set something else up soon before it gets much hotter. Plus I need to work on my 60ft BAD :hammer: 12.684 on pump gas with 14* timing 11.40 AF and a 1.997 spinning through the 60ft :flaming:. I was digging into it to hard. My RT's were good, the worse was .545 best was .179. Hey Beau, did you get me on video?
Yaah i got ya but it was that mini disc camera and having trouble getting it on the computer.Ill post it.:tu:

TXLIGHTNING
05-12-2008, 02:29 PM
Yaah i got ya but it was that mini disc camera and having trouble getting it on the computer.Ill post it.:tu: :tu:

WA 2 FST
05-12-2008, 03:12 PM
Well Lance and I had a lot of fun Friday night!! I am not sure but I think I created a monster:D He babbled on until we were dang near in Hutchins about his racing debut.

I guess he ran a 14.07 right at 98 MPH!!

Nice to meet some new Talon people as well.

Todd

14.0 for a stock, and undoubtedly heat-soaked truck, is solid. Glad he had fun, Todd!

Tyler is just a couple of years away from enjoying the same thing.

toddwarren
05-13-2008, 03:02 PM
Wes that will be fun, in the meanwhile when are you bringing yourself out to the track? There were 2 Zo6s and one with nitrous in our Talon group!!!

I also have a friend that just bought a 08 Zo6, he just put 1k miles on it so he said he is ready to go next time as well.

Man are they giving Zo6s away or what?? I know they scare 70k new

WA 2 FST
05-13-2008, 03:11 PM
I'll get myself out to the track once my select baseball coaching career is over...which will be about the time Tyler gets something to drive.

Where the nitrous-fed Z06's the new C6 ones? I bet they were fast.

Last time I raced, I hit 11.26 @ 137.xx mph in mine. Obviously I don't get to the track much anymore, but every now and then you can catch me on a deserted freeway access road doing 20-140+ pulls.

70k for what you get with a C6 Z06 is a good buy.

toddwarren
05-13-2008, 03:18 PM
There was a white one that I do believe is the 505 horse stock!

Terry said it had heads, nitrous maybe something else.

It was very fast, unfortunately on its best run they slowed up at the end.

I am fairly sure it was low 11s maybe could get high 10s with a clean run!

WA 2 FST
05-13-2008, 03:37 PM
If it was the 505hp one, then that's a C6 Z06. And with just a conservative shot of spray, that's a 10-sec ride for sure.

Maybe someday when I have more time, I'll get some slicks (ask a friend to bring a trailer and tow truck) and go run a 9.8 in mine. :)

Alpine
05-13-2008, 04:17 PM
Hey Wes,

It was my car. It is a 2005 C6 MN6 non Z06. It has ported heads with a medium size cam, longtubes, 3.90's, 18" BFG drag radials, etc.etc.. We were spraying a 150 shot. On the motor it made 465 rwhp and on the spray (150) it is right around 600rwhp. This was the first time we tried the 150, normally we run the 100 shot. Rob was driving and on the first pass it went 11.20 @ 103mph.:D Rob was pretty hard on the brakes. He didnt want to get an ear full from the old lady handing out the slips and tried keeping it above a 11.49. She was not happy. Looking at he 1/8 mile time and mph it looks like it should have gone a 10.8x. Second pass looked better than the first and there was no time due to some type of malfunction with the timing equipment.:hammer: It went downhill from there but it was a great time at the track and was nice to see some of the old gang and meet some of the new guys.:tu:

Ohmsby
05-13-2008, 05:09 PM
nice Jeffro

99WhiteBeast
05-13-2008, 05:09 PM
This was the first time we tried the 150, normally we run the 100 shot. Rob was driving and on the first pass it went 11.20 @ 103mph.:D Rob was pretty hard on the brakes. He didnt want to get an ear full from the old lady handing out the slips and tried keeping it above a 11.49. :tu:

Damn Jeffro- time for a cage:beer:

L8 APEX
05-13-2008, 06:05 PM
Jeff needs a new driver:icon_mrgreen:.

Alpine
05-13-2008, 06:38 PM
Jeff needs a new driver:icon_mrgreen:.:rll:He almost got fired once. I might have to take back over or find out how to disable the brakes for the last 300 feet! :tex

WA 2 FST
05-13-2008, 07:28 PM
That's awesome Jeff. Yep, that thing would easily run high-10s with no issue. I think I would have been unable to resist the urge to run one all the way out ... and just take my slip and go home. ;)

Your car is running awesome. Just curious, what was the 1/8th mile ET/MPH?

Judging from your 11.2, it appears that car hooks up better than mine; probably the benefit of a superior suspension setup on the C6 vs. my C5.

Alpine
05-13-2008, 08:23 PM
Thanks Wes. I am looking for the slip. What DR's are you running? I am using the BFG 315 30 18's and they are working awesome so far. I need a taller tire with the 3.90's. I cant run through the traps in 4th on the spray. Its either coast or try and shift to 5th and they are both killing the mph. It ran 128.7 mph with the 100 shot so I would think it would run 130+ with a clean run on the 150. We need to get your beast out to the track with some slicks and let her eat a little.:tu:

WA 2 FST
05-13-2008, 08:41 PM
I'm running Nitto 555Rs on mine. I've run the BFGs, and I just prefer the Nittos b/c I can still corner plenty hard with them. Honestly, its not the fault of the tires that I don't hook up. I just leave really easy b/c I don't want to break parts.

Alpine
05-13-2008, 08:45 PM
Yep, the BFG's are just for a srait line for sure. I am guessing here but I think it went a 7.20 @ 101mph with a 1.73 60' in the 1/8th

WA 2 FST
05-13-2008, 08:50 PM
That's a very impressive time, Jeff.

Best I went on the 11.26 @ 137+ was 7.43 @ 107mph. Obviously I'm just making up time on the top end of the track. 2.02 60' was identical to what my car ran _stock_... when it made 365rwhp and went 12.36 @ 116. LOL

Alpine
05-13-2008, 09:00 PM
107mph..:eek2: :tu: Damn that thing must be a blast to drive.

02BOLT
05-13-2008, 09:44 PM
'Sup fellas!
I just wanted to add my .02 here. First off, it was great to see everyone and a good time was had by all(seemed to be the general consensus). Hopefully we can do it again soon. I just wanted to clarify a couple things in reference to the debacle of passes on Friday night...
Run #1:
Car wheel hopped a bit out of the hole, which gave me the impression that the 60' was not very good. I knew in order to run a 10, that I had to get a low 1.7 60' minimum, and it just didn't feel much different than the multiple 1.8x 60's I've cut in that car. Let me say this, this car is HARD to launch smoothly. (Probably a combination of a very aggressive clutch and the low profile DR's). There is a VERY fine line between bogging and burning, and it's a line that's a b!tch to walk(a fun b!tch, but a b!tch non the less). Anyway, once the car was out of the hole, the force of acceleration was intoxicating. Everybody(all 8 pistons) was DEFINITELY showing up on time! I decided to hit the brakes, for the following reason:
** I knew they would only give us one warning, and then kick the car off the track, so...thinking that the 60' was subpar, I hit the brakes in an effort to try to keep from breaking the 11.49 barrier, and thus enabling us to have at least 2 more shots at running a 10. Which, as I was soon to find out, was all in vein. If I had known at that moment, that the 60' was a 1.73, I would have run her out the back door; old lady be damned.
Pass #2:
Car flat got the hell up outta the hole. It was one of those magical moments when you know you've NAILED the launch. 60' had to have been in the high 1.6's(I could be wrong, but that launch was by far and away the cleanest I've ever gotten out of that car.). Anyway, the car pulled its a$$ off, and came up on the limiter right at the traps. As I was readying myself to receive a firm kick in the a$$, via the infamous "boot", when, the lady solemnly informs me that my lane received "NO TIME". I was fricking sick. The 10 second gods must have been looking down at me, laughing their a$$es off!.....it went downhill from there...
Pass #3:
Revved to 5K, and promptly bogged out of the hole to the tune of 1.79 60'. Car ran an 11.16 @ 126.xx(running out of gear just as I entered the traps).
Pass #4:
Revved to 5K, and tires went up in smoke. I was trying to pedal through 1st, grabbed 2nd, then my hand slipped off shifter going into 3rd gear, effectively laying the motor on the rev limiter, and ending the fun for the night. Thank God for window switches!

All in all it was a fun, but frustrating evening. I have replayed the hitting of the brakes scenario over in my head a thousand times since Friday night. Oh well. It is what it is. The quest for 10's continues...the challenge persists...don't give up on me yet Jeff-ro!

Beaudee
05-14-2008, 04:11 AM
Your runs where awsome 11.1:bowsI got you on video ill post it soon.

Alpine
05-14-2008, 01:29 PM
Your runs where awsome 11.1:bowsI got you on video ill post it soon.Sweet!:tu:

Beaudee
05-14-2008, 10:52 PM
Guy forgot to format the disk,ill have it next week after i poke myself in the eyes to get unboggled and loaded onto a sight.Not enough space to upload it here on Talon.:tu: