PDA

View Full Version : no gas shortage .....

Silver_2000
04-03-2008, 06:02 PM
This is interesting

http://www.businessweek.com/lifestyle/content/apr2008/bw2008041_945564.htm?chan=rss_topStories_ssi_5

There Is No Gas Shortage

But Washington, Wall Street, and ethanol and oil and gas companies want you to think there is, says automotive expert Ed Wallace

dboat
04-03-2008, 06:20 PM
This is interesting

http://www.businessweek.com/lifestyle/content/apr2008/bw2008041_945564.htm?chan=rss_topStories_ssi_5

good article.. chaps my butt.. :evil

Dana

mikelemoine
04-06-2008, 12:45 PM
I just read an article in Time at the Dr. office that talked about the ethanol scam. The Amazon had an area twice the size of Rhode Island deforested in the last half of 07 to support corn production. The carbon released in the atmosphere will take 400 years of ethanol carbon savings to break even. They also talked about our gov't subsidizing farmers in Iowa (ethanol capital of the USA) to the tune of $8 billion for about 8 billion gallons produced. So we're really paying $5 a gallon for premium? Sorry thing is that I don't see where we really can do anything about it.

L8 APEX
04-06-2008, 10:47 PM
Yep, ethanol and hydrogen are hollow fuels used to please the ignorant masses. I hate seeing GM's E85 billboards saying, "Don't drill for fuel, Grow it!" It has raised the cost of everything in our lives especially food and fuel.

03LightningRocks
04-07-2008, 07:57 PM
That flat out pisses me off. I also don't see anything we can do about it. No matter who is president, the power structure in America is already firmly in place. Nothing is going to change...IMHO. I guess we just have to figure out how to make the best of it...maybe even attempt to capitalize off of it all somehow.

One thing everyone can do to fight back is have high efficiency HVAC equipment installed in their homes. Show them they can't push you around.

L8 APEX
04-07-2008, 09:47 PM
They were talking about it on the news yesterday. The govt paid farmers to clear treed land equal to the size of Rode Island to grow E85 corn. It would take running E85 for 400 years to break even with the pollution that loss of trees cost.:rolleyes: It is the coming of the end:evil

Sandman
04-07-2008, 11:41 PM
One thing everyone can do to fight back is have high efficiency HVAC equipment installed in their homes. Show them they can't push you around.

Hmmm... you may be on to something here. Know anybody who can sell a quality system?:twitch: :D

03LightningRocks
04-07-2008, 11:51 PM
I can probably come up with someone...:icon_mrgreen:.

dboat
04-08-2008, 08:14 AM
That flat out pisses me off. I also don't see anything we can do about it. No matter who is president, the power structure in America is already firmly in place. Nothing is going to change...IMHO. I guess we just have to figure out how to make the best of it...maybe even attempt to capitalize off of it all somehow.

Shameless plug... :icon_mrgreen:

but if anyone were to ask me about your services, I couldnt recommend anyone more than you. I have had to have different folks over the years and yours was the very best.. Although the boys did like my attic the best!!

Dana

03LightningRocks
04-08-2008, 10:35 AM
Shameless plug??? Who......Me??? :evil