PDA

View Full Version : Floor Jack ....

blueoval01
01-03-2003, 05:08 PM
I've been wanting a floor jack for quite a while. Found this one at Harbor Freight Tools, but the price seems a bit steep. Am I missing something here?

Any recommendations for tons needed and/or bells & whistles?

Floor Jack (http://www.harborfreightusa.com/displayitem_retail.taf?Itemnumber=47246)

Dean!
01-03-2003, 05:53 PM
That one in particular says 3000lb capacity - albeit you aren't lifting the whole truck in one try - I'd at least get something that exceeds the weight of my vehicle (4600#) - same with jack stands...

I think the 2672 has a higher capacity - though I didn't see it.

I know several people have the 2672 - longevity ? I dunno, they are new items from Harbor Freight... But I can tell you those heavy 80-100lb big jacks from Harbor Freight or Sears (usually only like $69-$80) I've see ones that are several decades old - I've never seen a lightweight racing jack that was decades old - but I've only see a few of them in the first place - and a few of the Harbor Freight lightweight jacks. The catch on the 2672 is how granular the "lowering" adjustment is - I've heard that you turn it a slight degree and the entire car just drops..not good.

Lugging a heavy jack around a compact garage is a pain - but the fact it'll last a few decades and is less than half the price - they are not too bad...

Depends on your uses - will you lug it to the track to change tires frequently - or do you have enuff room to roll a heavy, but durable jack around in your garage ?

blueoval01
01-03-2003, 06:14 PM
Definately a garage jack ....... I don't plan on pickin' the S0B up at all! Just slide it under the cars/trucks when needed ..... :d

Silver_2000
01-03-2003, 06:21 PM
sears sells a 3 ton jack and stands for under $100

Lots of folks use it - I have one it works great

Check SVTLightnings.com for pictures if the appearance is important. Its black and yellow

Doug

blueoval01
01-03-2003, 06:30 PM
I could care less what it looks like .......
Jeez, I hang out with you guys in a public place ........ :d

Then I'm heading for Sears tomorrow .........:tu:

Thanks for the input ..... :bows

L8 APEX
01-03-2003, 07:09 PM
I buy my commercial jacks from Costco for 65 or so bucks. They are heavy duty, fast rise, and badassmofo!