PDA

View Full Version : make your own ethanol

Silver_2000
05-09-2008, 01:02 PM
http://www.efuel100.com/t-technology.aspx

Overview
The EFuel100 MicroFueler™ is the world's first portable ethanol micro-refinery system; it replaces the traditional ethanol reflux column system with a solid state distillation technology, making it possible for homeowners and small businesses to safely and cost-effectively create their own fuel, on-site.

SNIP

The University of North Dakota Energy & Environmental Research Center (EERC) and the Minnesota Center for Automotive Research (MnCAR) conducted the reserch using four 2007 model vehicles: a Toyota Camry, a Ford Fusion, and two Chevrolet Impalas, one flex-fuel and one non-flex-fuel. Researchers used the EPA Highway Fuel Economy Test (HWFET) to examine a range of ethanol-gasoline blends from straight Tier 2 gasoline up to 85 percent ethanol. All of the vehicles got better mileage with ethanol blends than the ethanol's energy content would predict, and three out of four actually traveled farther on a mid-level gasoline blend than on unleaded gasoline.

the question is which mid level blend ?
What other changes were made to the cars to get those results ?

SILVER2000SVT
05-09-2008, 01:21 PM
Interesting,

I've been trying to go the otherway in that I'm searching everywhere trying to find a station that still sells 100% gasoline. I've heard some stations outside tarrant and dallas county still have it but I can't find them. My Lightning runs like crap on the E10 and my other cars get much worse mileage.

Wht95Lightning
05-09-2008, 01:25 PM
The MicroFueler has a distillation-only mode, which allows the consumer to convert discarded beer, wine or distilled drinks into ethanol--any combination of discarded alcohol can be poured directly into the MicroFueler fermentation tank to be converted into ethanol.

Alcohol abuse!! :eek: