http://forums.pickuptruck.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB14&Number=217606&pa

Sign me up, I'm ready to pay. :tu:

Red2002
01-05-2003, 10:40 AM
Weird, but in a good way.

Where's da MAF?

Winterhawk
01-05-2003, 10:50 AM
I like the horse power. Its got that CTS caddy look. I would like to put that power plant in my truck.:tu: :tu:

andy_cain
01-05-2003, 11:40 AM
Maybe just me...the Power Plant and design in the "Super Cooler" idea sounds great...Love that, "30-45 second blasts" sounds to me like it is designed with the 1/4 mile in mind.
I sure hope the body design and interior grows on me...not impressed right now.
Maybe if they added a 5/60K warranty I could be persueded.
Ford really needs to catch up with the times in reguards to length of warranty....hell Hyundai has a 10/100, why should we have only a 3/36.
I "think" i would keep it stock if I bought it....Hey, why is everyone laughing?
The dual sided exhaust looks more like brake cooling vents, and what is up with the mini wing window on the main window.

On two other sour notes, wouldn't you think a set of Grey leather would have looked better than Yellow, I would prefer to see the truck in yellow than the seats...and lastly, with a 6 speed and 22" tires, better be a damn good driver to hook 500HP up and save your change for clutch plates and other tranny parts....

Ayy, whatta I know...may be the best thing since sliced bread...is it too late to ask for a Tiptronic setup with traction controll or maybe all wheel drive?

At least it doesnt need a drop kit on it.....sure as hell wouldn't want to have any tongue weight on that tow hitch would ya...oh, well, thats why there are aftermarket companys that sell adjustable air bags.:hammer:

Logan
01-05-2003, 01:52 PM
GIMME. Logan want truck...

mmmm...truck.

:tu:

wesman
01-05-2003, 01:58 PM
No mentioning of price...I presume it'll be pretty steep....with things like 6-piston F /4-piston R. I would think $40k +, if they keep the cost down around the current L, I'd trade up :tu:

--wes

Crawford
01-05-2003, 02:00 PM
Man that is totally sweet. I see only a couple problems...

That interrior color has to GO its horrid. Bring back the grey color.

That truck is going to cost quite a bit more than $32k. I am afraid they will alienate a good bit of their fan base if they charge too much for it (for example ME!!).... brembos, chrome engine, 500hp, 6 speed tranny, IRS, manley rods, cobra R type heads... sounds expensive. :(

Maybe they can give us some nice high res pics so I can at least have it as my screen saver! :D

Logan
01-05-2003, 05:40 PM
I'd expect it in the 38k range...

L8 APEX
01-05-2003, 05:52 PM
Unless the economy does a big recovery that will be out of 50-70% of current Lightning owners' price range. I am sure a lot of concept neat stuff will be cut for actual production.

98Cobra
01-05-2003, 07:42 PM
Well, I guess I better start saving like right NOW because I really like that truck. I agree the yellow has to go, but remember it is just a concept. I do hope that they keep the look of the current interior, but make the seats more durable to wear since I enjoy driving so much as it is. :d

TxBolt
01-05-2003, 08:05 PM
I wonder about the square body. I love the chrome under the hood!!:nana2 What are the rods are what I like to know. I don't like the standard. We will See!

MadMax
01-05-2003, 08:16 PM
I'll believe it when I see it in this form. Chrome motor in production....yeah right. :rolleyes: yellow interior.... :vomit: The fluff is all International Auto Show stuff...no more. The new F150 is about 500 pounds heavier. Structural integrity aka torsional strength is increased. The 2004 Lightning weight=?. Overall I like it. It has a Saleen inspired look. The aerodynamics are more intregral to the body lines compared to our tacky plastic velcro trim. IRS/6speed? Ford better do some homework, engineering up to snuff, if the '99 SVT Cobra IRS is an indication. <problems> 6-speed....good luck getting the gears to hold up to massive quantities of torque... Ford seems cautious with grandson Ford Jr. at the helm. Ford is still fightning the union up in Michigan and are re-evaluating their business plan(s) as the rest of corporate America. My prediction provided the economy rebounds 38-40K plus options and Ford axes the DOHC is favor of the new 3 valve heads, the rods get upgraded due to warranty concerns, and the IRS/6 speed is nixed to keep down the price. Provided the economy tanks any further. SVT=axed. Mercury Marauders are in the Dallas papers 6,500 discount=economic problems. These Gen II's are a dime a dozen used=overproduced :mad: Exclusivity my ass. Who is going to buy this truck? The Gen II's are dumping on the used market daily in droves at rock bottom rediculously low prices. Sales (overall) are expected to drop 1 percent in 2003. Guess what? No 2003 Lightning. Surprised??? I have spoke with a few sellers up in Michigan and money is tight. Time will tell. It is possibly moving upscale aka "Thunderbird" snotty biatch crowd. :nono: Ford could alienate their existing fanfare. My .02. :D

98Cobra
01-05-2003, 08:53 PM
That's what I like about you, John. 2 cents with you goes a long way. :D

:twitch:

Badcarma
01-05-2003, 10:11 PM
Were do I sign up for the waiting list!!! :eek2: Give me a black on black:banana:

Scott

J.D. Blackwell
01-06-2003, 05:07 PM
I am tripping over the 2 injectors per cylinder.:confused:

I don't think I would get one of those, even though they look pretty sweet. It sounds too complicating. If anything, I will go back to a Gen 1 for my next Lightning, where everything is simple and the parts are a dime a dozen.:tu:

Crawford
01-06-2003, 05:22 PM
I saw this in a guys signature over at F150online. I thought it was pretty funny

wesman
01-06-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Crawford
I saw this in a guys signature over at F150online. I thought it was pretty funny

lol yeah....the BIGBMW dude...saw that today as well.

--wes

RED1
01-06-2003, 08:56 PM
All I would want is a crate engine to drop in my 02.:nana2

The Swede
01-08-2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by RED1
All I would want is a crate engine to drop in my 02.:nana2

I´m with You ! !

MadMax
01-10-2003, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by The Swede
I´m with You ! !

The Swede....please post some pics of that damn nice truck you have.....one of the cleanest examples I have ever seen...Thanks! :D