PDA

View Full Version : Tire pricing

jmlay
05-31-2008, 11:49 AM
It is that time again. Looking for the current pricing in Nitto's. I have called around to several tire stores the price is $241 a tire & they will not deal other than to say the will give $10 off any competitor's advertised price. I also searched the site & am not sure if Terry's negotiated prices are still being offered.

Mike (Cheap SOB)
The Colony

dboat
05-31-2008, 12:59 PM
It is that time again. Looking for the current pricing in Nitto's. I have called around to several tire stores the price is $241 a tire & they will not deal other than to say the will give $10 off any competitor's advertised price. I also searched the site & am not sure if Terry's negotiated prices are still being offered.

Mike (Cheap SOB)
The Colony

Did you go online and check that pricing as well?

jmlay
05-31-2008, 02:30 PM
Sure did. Discount to mount & balance is between 150-200. So you are talking about the same price as Discount list, not worth the hassle.

Mike

SILVER2000SVT
05-31-2008, 08:40 PM
Call several of the discount tires. Some of them will deal while others won't. I bought some trailer tires a month or so ago. I spend 20min chewing down the guy at the Mansfield store and he would only go down about 5% I then call another one and they gave over 10% off without any hassle.

I have never paid more than the online list price after all mounting, balancing, tax, etc. are added in. Usually I can walk out the door paying between 5%-10% less than the list price of just the tires and have mounting, balancing, tax, and misc parts all included.

Call vs. go in person, once you are in the store it changes their attitude and they think they already have your business. Calling means they have to work harder to get you to come to their store.

L8 APEX
06-01-2008, 12:31 AM
Gas to go across town is adding up now. I bought my Hankooks from Scott at Affordable tire on Harry Hines. $650 cash mounted. Nitto's or Toyos were 200 more. Last I checked a year ago Cedar Hill and Brant's store in Hulen was still doing 555's for 185 mounted.