PDA

View Full Version : warning

Ohmsby
06-06-2008, 09:08 AM
Fire officials say hoarded gasoline led to fire

5 hours ago
DARTMOUTH, Mass. (AP) — Authorities say a couple trying to beat the high cost of gasoline accidentally caused a fire that burned their apartment complex.
Fire Chief Richard Arruda says the couple had about 45 gallons of gasoline in nine plastic jugs stacked in a closet that also housed an air conditioning unit.
The gasoline fumes apparently set off Thursday's fire, which was quickly put out by a sprinkler system.
No one was seriously hurt, but residents of eight units of the complex were displaced.
Investigators believe the couple was storing the gas because of rising prices. Officials say they might face civil penalties for violating the fire code.

Did not want Tifton to get any bright ideas.......:tu:

98Cobra
06-06-2008, 09:21 AM
lol. I go through 45 gallons in barely two weeks.

Silver_2000
06-06-2008, 09:38 AM
lol. I go through 45 gallons in barely two weeks.

In what your boat ?

98Cobra
06-06-2008, 09:41 AM
Naw, the 4x4. 26 gallon tank lasts about a week. Not even counting the boat!

SILVER2000SVT
06-06-2008, 09:52 AM
In TX it's illegal (fire code) to possess more the 25 gal of gas other than the fuel in the tank of your car at a private residence.
I doubt they enforce this heavily unless there is an incident.
I don't think this applies to diesel or kerosene, otherwise farmers would have a really hard time.

BC Lightning
06-06-2008, 01:37 PM
In TX it's illegal (fire code) to possess more the 25 gal of gas other than the fuel in the tank of your car at a private residence.
I doubt they enforce this heavily unless there is an incident.
I don't think this applies to diesel or kerosene, otherwise farmers would have a really hard time.

What if it is sealed like race fuel in a 55 gallon drum??

tiffo60
06-07-2008, 10:03 PM
Fire officials say hoarded gasoline led to fire

5 hours ago
DARTMOUTH, Mass. (AP) — Authorities say a couple trying to beat the high cost of gasoline accidentally caused a fire that burned their apartment complex.
Fire Chief Richard Arruda says the couple had about 45 gallons of gasoline in nine plastic jugs stacked in a closet that also housed an air conditioning unit.
The gasoline fumes apparently set off Thursday's fire, which was quickly put out by a sprinkler system.
No one was seriously hurt, but residents of eight units of the complex were displaced.
Investigators believe the couple was storing the gas because of rising prices. Officials say they might face civil penalties for violating the fire code.

Did not want Tifton to get any bright ideas.......:tu:

Im burring mine out back, it will be gold in a couple of years:D

wesman
06-09-2008, 02:00 PM
What if it is sealed like race fuel in a 55 gallon drum??

Yeah...in case anyone happened to have some of that in their garage.......or something :tex:tex

--wes