PDA

View Full Version : Heads-up STREET truck shoot out @Denton Dragway?

T Hogg
01-07-2003, 11:29 PM
Hey guys,

E-mailed Nick at Denton Dragway about an all out heads-up STREET truck class at their track one of these weekends. He said he's ready!! I think it would a great chance to kick some Chevy,GMC & Dodge a$$. It's not like we don't all ready do that all the time.;) But we get a chance to show the DFW area who's really running things.(Truck wise) It would be nice to see 10 or more Lightnings and all of them be in the winner circle. I know we got some fast a$$ trucks here in Talon, why not let everyone know.:D So guys let me know if this is something yall would like to do. Because we don't have very much cold weather left.
I asked Nick to chime in with some details and rules so we could get this thing rolling.

Lets get it on.:d

ken cryder
01-08-2003, 02:04 PM
finally

i'm there almost every weekend . i've needed some backing from you guys for quite a while .

count me 100% in just post date .

ken:tu:

Mark #2
01-08-2003, 04:08 PM
Gen2 L's have no chance in a heads up truck race at Denton.

I was there with Sixpipes, Silver2000, and Ken, on 12/17. Most of the "other" trucks are trailered, on the bottle, and run 6s or low 7s in the 1/8.

I would go if it were bracket racing instead of heads up.

blueoval01
01-08-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by HIHOAG

I was there with Sixpipes, Silver2000, and Ken, on 12/17. Most of the "other" trucks are trailered, on the bottle, and run 6s or low 7s in the 1/8.

Good to see you back, Mark#2
:tu:
Been working outta town?

Mark #2
01-08-2003, 05:04 PM
Work, vacation, and sick.

blueoval01
01-08-2003, 05:24 PM
Hummm, don't know anybody that has gotten sick from (of) work, so it must have been the vacation .... :rolleyes:

Hope to see ya at next months meet :beer:

Crawford
01-08-2003, 05:35 PM
Work, vacation, and sick.

excuses... EXCUSES!!!!!!!! :D

Mark #2
01-08-2003, 05:45 PM
Actually,
The real excuse is "Dial-up" while out of town, vacation, and at home.

ken cryder
01-08-2003, 06:56 PM
there is only one guy and thats joe 50 that fits the class , if the rules state insured, tagged and inspected. no tubbed trucks .

we should have a good chance of finishing on or near the top.

the night of the 17th i was running some of my best times , and when the guys posted said nothing new everyone was running low eights , but i was in the sevens alnight long .

i don;t understand if you say you don;t that stand a chance heads up , who cares you can still come out and represent the club , don't you ever run for the fun of racing ?

ken:nono:

99WhiteBeast
01-08-2003, 07:13 PM
I'm game for it. Heck I'll smoke anyone who runs an 8.7 or slower:p

When???

T Hogg
01-09-2003, 12:21 AM

Like I said this will be for STREET trucks only. No trailered trucks, must be state insured, tagged and inspected. Now, how many trucks fit that category and can run with a Lightning. I don't know many and I'm in the streets all the time. So lets buck-up and go kick some a$$. If we(Talon) can't go to a all STREET truck heads-up event and bring home all the bacon. We're in pretty bad shape.

Guys if you don't know all ready, we drive the most baddest,fastest thing on this earth that has 4 wheels and a bed.(Production) :tu: Who can dispute that. I say we go and kick some a$$ and talk about it later. Who's with me?:d

98Cobra
01-09-2003, 12:51 AM
Actually,
The real excuse is "Dial-up" while out of town, vacation, and at home.

Well, at home, I understand. You probably posted yesterday and it is just showing up. :D

Good to have you back! :burnout:

99WhiteBeast
01-09-2003, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by T Hogg

Who's with me?

reminds me of a classic

"Over… its not over till we say its over… was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor… who’s with me. Let’s go!":D

Sixpipes
01-09-2003, 09:00 AM
"Over… its not over till we say its over… was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor… who’s with me. Let’s go!":D
Don't stop him, he's on a roll.............. :p

When Mark and I were last at Denton, there were two Chevy trucks running mid to low 8s on motor only and low 7s on the bottle. They both would classify as street trucks. When you are racing another vehicle that has a full second on you in the 1/8, there is no racing, only participation. Having said that, I will participate if they put a program together because I would like a little track time (test & tune) without having to go to Ennis.

I was also at the Texas Street Legal Championships held at Denton in December and the rules as posted here stated license, registration, and no trailered vehicles. I lost to a trailered-in Chevy Malibu in the quarterfinals. There were also several other trailered-in "street legal" vehicles that were running low 6s. Most of these trailered-in cars would not get you down to the 7-11 for a cup-o-jo without overheating or running through a tank of gas.

There are guys that run purposely built-for-the-1/8 equipment just for "street legal" races. They are usually regulars and know exactly what the rules allow.

Like I said, I will participate, but unless there is some equalizing factor, like indexing, we stand no chance against a built motor on nitrous weighing 1,000 pounds less. :cool:

Mark #2
01-09-2003, 10:52 AM
Sixpipes, thank you for your support.

I even have a video that Sixpipes took of me "participating" against one of those Chevy trucks. No contest.

Sixpipes
01-09-2003, 01:42 PM
Mark,

maybe you should get Doug to host the vid so you can post it. Like I said, I'm up for a trip to Denton. It's a really nice 1/8 mile and we need something to do in January/February. I could always furnish a TALON consolation trophy for the "most kills" during the competition. :cool:

Mark #2
01-09-2003, 01:44 PM
Doug,
I have the videos on disks that 6er gave me. What do I need to do to post them?

Mark

Sixpipes
01-09-2003, 01:57 PM
Doug,

Mark
Send it to me via go_rila@earthlink.com and I will drop it on the site. I might be able to link it myself, but Doug may have to do his magic.

:cool:

Mark #2
01-09-2003, 02:03 PM
Disks are at home, will send tomorrow.
Mark

Silver_2000
01-09-2003, 04:31 PM
Doug,

Mark

If they are floppy disks you can just upload them to the Photo galleries
If they are huge Ill work with you to get the posted...
Doug

Winterhawk
01-09-2003, 05:23 PM
I'll go, win or loss, racing is fun, thats part of being in this club, isn't it? Post the date :burnout: :nana2

Sixpipes
01-09-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by T Hogg

I asked Nick to chime in with some details and rules so we could get this thing rolling.

Lets get it on.:d
Terry, looks like we could get a decent turnout (maybe 8-12 Lightnings). I'll commit to having a trophy for the club member that advances the farthest in the competition. :cool:

Sixpipes
01-09-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_;)!
If they are floppy disks you can just upload them to the Photo galleries

Cool, I didn't know we could do direct uploads with mpegs. :cool:

Silver_2000
01-09-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Sixpipes
Cool, I didn't know we could do direct uploads with mpegs. :cool:

Just be prudent woth the use of mpgs up there.. THey can really run up an expesive bandwidth bill quick.

If you are going to post anything larger than 1.4 mb send me an email to let me know. Also dont cross post it to all the message boards in the world

Doug

T Hogg
01-09-2003, 09:24 PM
Ok it seems like you have a point.

So lets do somthing alittle diffrent. Why not a street tire class only. No slicks, no ET street, no street drags, just some good old factory rubber.:D Then it wouldn't matter how much power you bring. If you can't get it off the line YOU LOSE.:D As you well know 1/8 mile tracks don't have much room to play catch-up. I know it's alittle different & crazy, but I bet it would be alot of fun.

Has anyone every ran in such an event as this?
Do you think anyone would even be interested in this?

Sixpipes
01-09-2003, 11:17 PM
Street tires would be cool. I've never done that before, but it certainly would level the playing field a bit. That would actually be a true street challenge as opposed to cheater tires like ET Streets and other DOT tires. The best thing is everybody would stand a decent chance depending on how well you handle the start. Good idea. :tu:

Winterhawk
01-10-2003, 09:25 AM
Hey sixpipes, thats a great idea, is that going to be for every truck thats in the street race or just for Talon club.:eek2: What about guys that run nittos drag/r everyday? Is there anybody that will go to the expence to change out rear tires for one race?:confused:

Sixpipes
01-10-2003, 01:40 PM
I don't have a problem racing with non club folks as long as the requirements are the same. This is Terry's deal, but I think the street tire requirement is a good way to go.

99WhiteBeast
01-10-2003, 03:08 PM
We could also just go heads up against each other. Running someone a hair faster than you and seeing if you can beat them on the tree

microsuck
01-10-2003, 05:35 PM
Count me in. I'll bring the recently modded '01 L in all of its glory. The "street only" tire thing sounds cool. But I doubt it will happen. But with only 1/8 mile, tires are going to be a HUGH factor.
Later
Andrew

L8 APEX
01-10-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Winterhawk
What about guys that run nittos drag/r everyday? Is there anybody that will go to the expence to change out rear tires for one race?:confused:
Just rotate them to the front:tu:

T Hogg
01-10-2003, 10:09 PM
I e-mailed Nick @ Denton Raceway to see what he could come up with. We'll see. I know I'm ready to get it on and see if you boys can drive.:D It's going to be like drive on ice out there. Anything that has over 400+lbs of torque and has no weight in the a$$ is going to be a handful. On street tires:tu:

Silver_2000
01-11-2003, 02:11 AM
Doug,

Mark

Posted it today..

http://talon.svtlightnings.com/4images/categories.php?cat_id=14

I used XP movie maker to add title and shrink it to under the 250k image size limit...

Doug

ken cryder
01-11-2003, 07:18 PM
will sand bags in the bed be legal? LOL
gotta do some thing for traction. or not

looks like you beat him by a light red light that is.

ken

curtis75051
01-12-2003, 03:28 AM
What is the date? Don't know if I will race but I will love to watch.

Mark #2
01-13-2003, 11:29 AM
Doug,
Thanks for posting the mpg. How do you shrink the files?
Mark

Silver_2000
01-13-2003, 12:12 PM
Doug,
Thanks for posting the mpg. How do you shrink the files?
Mark

I used adobe premier to export it to mpg then used XP movie maker to shrink and export to wmv file...

Doug

Mark #2
01-13-2003, 12:17 PM
Doug,
Oh great, now I have to become a software expert to post mpgs. :)

Silver_2000
01-13-2003, 01:05 PM
Doug,
Oh great, now I have to become a software expert to post mpgs. :)

Not really - The problem was that it was a .mov file.
XP movie maker doesnt import .mov files.

If you have .mpg files you can post them directly IF they are under 250k ... Bigger than 250k and just send it to me Ill post it..

If you have Windows XP you can use the movie maker to shrink mpgs and add titles.. Its REALLY easy ...

When you export it it gives you like 12 quality choices - pick a slight compression and it shrinks the file significantly without affecting the quality much... The smaller movies are quicker to dload and cost less $$ in bandwidth..

Doug

Silver_2000
01-13-2003, 01:05 PM
Doug,
Oh great, now I have to become a software expert to post mpgs. :) Thats why I get the BIG $$$ - LOL

QIK KAT
01-16-2003, 09:05 PM
WHEN,WHERE&WHAT TIME?. I KNOW ITS IN DENTON, BUT WHERE IN DENTON. IVE ONLY BEEN TO KENNADALE. I HAVENT RACED IN A FEW MONTHS. I FEEL THE NEED!.:flaming:

blueoval01
01-16-2003, 09:25 PM
T Hogg ... is this the right one ...??? :confused:

Denton Dragway (http://www.dentondragway.com/location.htm)

T Hogg
01-16-2003, 10:25 PM
Yes sir,

It looks like it's own for Feb 1st.