PDA

View Full Version : You might be a redneck...

L8 APEX
09-27-2008, 08:06 AM
zfyGktOB1Ak

L8 APEX
09-27-2008, 08:08 AM
h7Wh3oXUfJE
V3phEhIXBwI

BC Lightning
09-27-2008, 09:34 AM
Redneck last words, "Hold my beer and watch this"

GoldLS1
09-27-2008, 10:58 AM
1st video: Sadly I've done that before, even more sad... it was pretty fun. Exept my buddy went a whole lot faster and it was a jeep with boggers which threw mud EVERYWHERE so it was constantly raining MUD!! The driver of the doody seemed scared to drive the truck? Very nice truck tho.

2nd video: Camera man said Woooooahhhhhh like he could go anywhere!! Good reason to shorten that tail a few inches!! Another very nice doody!!

3rd video: thats gotta be a lot of force falling outa the sky!!

Check out this one barking the turbo!!

tF2_NH1I7uE

tiffo60
09-27-2008, 11:17 AM
Thats one of the trucks that you see in the forsale section that says, always babied and never been off road:D

L8 APEX
09-27-2008, 12:15 PM
The lag sucks when off road or trying to jerk stuff. You always have to use two feet and brake boost to make it do what you want.

GoldLS1
09-27-2008, 09:24 PM
I have an question, pretty unrelated to the thread but here goes: how come they don't make lockers for the AAM (Dodge axles).

L8 APEX
09-28-2008, 09:10 AM
I would call 4 wheel parts and ask them.
Usually it is either market demand, or a mechanical patent / design that doesn't accept a locker?
The full size Dodge is pretty popular what are the sled trucks doing? I know when I had a Nissan nobody offered anything for it aftermarket...

L8 APEX
09-28-2008, 09:18 AM
I Googled a few.
front electric locker.
http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/sponsors-marketplace/9613-aam-dodge-ram-2500-3500-9-25-9-1-4-frt-electric-locker.html
Eaton lists a Gov lock for the rear, the G80 for GM.
The rear is supposed to have a torsen which is the best diff ever!
http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3558
A quote:
No one makes a locker of the 11.5 I spoke with Eaton the other day. They don't have any plan to make one for the axle anytime soon. The 11.5 is too new and not very popular yet so until then Eaton is out.

The only thing you can do to your 11.5 is install a LSD. I just went through this in the last month. I searched high and low.

The only option that might have been available was a trac-rite from DC. It's only made for a 10.5 though so, that is out too.

GoldLS1
09-28-2008, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the info Terry...
I saw the front Elocker pretty sweet, but for as little use as I'd give it.... not worth the $$$$. Yet.
The torsen lock BLOWS.... It locks up perfect straight line, but trying to slide the truck around corners just yields a peg leg burnout!! Guess I should stop trying to do sideways burnouts. In the snow, when I was sitting at a light it moved whole rear of the truck towards the passenger side with NO pedal being applied (foot was on the brake only)? That was an odd feeling... it was slow motion and the rear of the truck went from the road into the ditch. WTF I thought maybe it was just a really slick spot, but it did it two more times at two other places. From the second link: If the Trac-Rite assembly has and internal failure it will lock axles 100% side to side.... wonder how one might go about making an interal failure!! Spool FTW!!

If my buddy would ever get his truck finished (92 reg cab chevy 2wd, converted to straight axle & 8 lug with about 8" of lift) maybe we could go trail riding somewhere. To my knowledge all he lacks is hooking up the transfer cable shifter linkage (He did a passenger side transfer case, chevys during those years had a drivers side so he cant used an off the shelf design) and figuring out a vibration (thinks its the rear driveshaft).

BTW I might have already asked this Terry I cant remember but do you know any trails to take full size trucks on that's semi close (within 2 hours?)??

L8 APEX
09-28-2008, 11:36 PM
There are some around here. Some other parks have truck days. The closest one always open I know of is Red River ATV park.
http://www.redriveratv.net/
Little Sahara is open to anything.

GoldLS1
09-29-2008, 09:55 PM
Red River!! NASTY red claydirt crap is a huge PITA to get off!! I used to live about 40 minutes from the Red. No telling how much $$ was wasted over the years washing that shit off.... Are there trails or is it riding along and through the river??

L8 APEX
09-29-2008, 09:56 PM
Red River!! NASTY red claydirt crap is a huge PITA to get off!! I used to live about 40 minutes from the Red. No telling how much $$ was wasted over the years washing that shit off.... Are there trails or is it riding along and through the river??
You can't get to the water from their property.