PDA

View Full Version : Progress (continued)

J.D. Blackwell
01-13-2003, 06:46 PM
Man, what happened on the other thread? I really didn't understand why it got closed.:confused: Oh well.

I think someone said Shane didn't know English cause he was from Houston. He didn't learn his English from Houston, he learned it in Northeast Texas.:D Shane grew up only 15 minutes from where I live now. That is how us rednecks talk.

Well guys, Stan found out what is wrong with my truck. Frickin broke valve spring on the exhaust side of #4 piston. They are Mod Max valves. I did have the "bad batch" of springs in it, but had Bankston put in the new batch that Mod Max sent me.
So either Mod Max sent me another bad batch or Bankston screwed me again. They charged me $455 to swap them out.
I have taken enough beatings since I have had this truck. I have almost had enough. A Gen 1 might be in my future.

Oh and Stan, Tom, and I went to the beer store and guess what I found? Keystone Premium and Keystone Ice!!! I have never seen any before. You how Keystone Light is blue & silver, well the Keystone Premium is red & silver and the Keystone Ice is Black & silver. It is just neater then snott.:tu:

Does anyone know what the alcohol content is in the Keystone Light? The Keystone Ice says 5.9%, but I can't find out where it says it on the Keystone Light anywhere.

MadNess
01-14-2003, 09:59 AM
Frickin broke valve spring on the exhaust side of #4 piston

that is frickin bull crap!:flaming: :flaming:

Get that thing running though, gotta see it on the road this year :)

L8 APEX
01-14-2003, 10:09 AM
The mechaincs told me they have lots of high performance parts if I needed anything. Maybe you contributed to that inventory:hammer:

J.D. Blackwell
01-14-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
The mechaincs told me they have lots of high performance parts if I needed anything. Maybe you contributed to that inventory:hammer:

If I find out that they didn't change out my springs and kept them, they are all going to be in a ass-beating of their life.:mad: I have a 55 gallon drum of whoop-ass sitting in the garage. I am still looking for the other valves that were "Supposedly" the ones that were changed out. That will tell the tell there if/when I find them.

MadNess
01-14-2003, 05:07 PM
If I find out that they didn't change out my springs and kept them, they are all going to be in a ass-beating of their life. I have a 55 gallon drum of whoop-ass sitting in the garage. I am still looking for the other valves that were "Supposedly" the ones that were changed out. That will tell the tell there if/when I find them.

Just let me know bro, I got your back... bring it to them from the back woods... :flaming: :flaming:

wesman
01-14-2003, 07:56 PM
Are we talking Bankston Frisco ? If so I believe it....I bought a set of '02 heads from one of the techs there, supposedly with "less than 3k" that were taken off because he cratered the bottom end. They were siad to be in perfect conditiona nd low miles. Well, I get these heads to Wells Racing and they need a valve job because there is "all kinds of crap floating around in there" .

The d!ckhead that sold them to me of course said no, they were in great shape, no trash.....that my machine shop was lying to me.
He basically refuses to do anything about it. I plan on speaking with his manager, someone from SVT and the GM of that dealership.......I'm sure they will be interested to know that their techs are sending in BS parts and taking parts off of warranty claims (they took these heads off the L block that was sent back and put some old messed up 4.6 GT heads in their place) and selling them on the side. He tried to screw me.....so i'm gonna screw him right back. All i wanted him to do was reimburse me forthe valve job but he refused...we'll see if he has a job after this.

--wes

L8 APEX
01-14-2003, 10:44 PM
I know Dennis the owner of Wells Racing and David his head tech very well. They are honest and have a respected reputation in the industry for 20+ years:tu:

wesman
01-14-2003, 11:29 PM
I've been dealing with David...I completely trust him, he seems like a straight up guy. I totally believe that there were valve issues....it's the little sh!thead that sold them to me that is the shaky bastard

--wes

98Cobra
01-15-2003, 01:16 AM
Care to name any names? (Even privately?) :D

Mark #2
01-15-2003, 10:31 AM
I used to crew for a late model racer at Devil's Bowl occasionally and they used Well's for their engine work. Well's is "well" respected locally.

J.D. Blackwell
01-15-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by 98Cobra
Care to name any names? (Even privately?) :D

Yeah, I will tell you who to watch out for at Bankston.......EVERYBODY!

I thought Billy, the SVT mechanic new what he was doing til he told me that the problem with my truck was the "aftermarket 42# injectors".:rolleyes:
Watch out for Mike, the SVT mechanic. He is the one who did all the work on my truck and most of you guys know what problems that needed to be fixed at FFW Ennis.
And the biggest Dumba$$ of all is the Service Manager, Alan. He sure didn't mind talking to me over the phone, but when I walked through those doors, he high-tailed it into his office. And when I told a service writer to go fetch him for me the service writer came back and told me that he was busy doing payroll and it would be a while. Talk about a bunch of pansys. I hope they read this too.
I am a dumba$$ myself for not calling the BBB on them, but I am still collecting all my stuff. Hope it is not to late.

There was even some short guy up there that ask me if I new Garret and Crawford. He said that you guys were always calling and asking if they were going to lock there trucks up in the shop. I said I would do the same thing.

98Cobra
01-15-2003, 11:18 AM
That guy is actually cool, believe it or not. One of the few they have I would trust.

Crawford
01-15-2003, 12:04 PM
I doubt Alan remembers me but I sure remember him from when he was a service writer over at Lee Jarmon a few years back. I took my mustang to him to get some paint problems fixed under warranty. They said they would repaint the whole vehicle and that it would take about 5 days to get it all done. Well it ended up taking 28 days. They never gave me a loaner so I was SOL on the ride situation for a fu*king month. I gave him plenty of space until after about two weeks past and nothing had been done to my car. It took another week of it just sitting there before they finally did all the work in the 4th week. He became increasingly rude to me every time I called to check the status. By the end of the ordeal I decided I would NEVER do business with Lee Jarmon again. As for Alan, he really showed his true colors when the going got tough Alan turned into a fu*king a$$hole. I really really really hate that guy. So Justin, you accounts of him scurrying off to avoid the customer is not suprising.

Silver_2000
01-15-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Crawford
I doubt Alan remembers me but I sure remember him from when he was a service writer over at Lee Jarmon a few years back. I took my mustang to him to get some paint problems fixed under warranty. They said they would repaint the whole vehicle and that it would take about 5 days to get it all done. Well it ended up taking 28 days. They never gave me a loaner so I was SOL on the ride situation for a fu*king month. I gave him plenty of space until after about two weeks past and nothing had been done to my car. It took another week of it just sitting there before they finally did all the work in the 4th week. He became increasingly rude to me every time I called to check the status. By the end of the ordeal I decided I would NEVER do business with Lee Jarmon again. As for Alan, he really showed his true colors when the going got tough Alan turned into a fu*king a$$hole. I really really really hate that guy. So Justin, you accounts of him scurrying off to avoid the customer is not suprising.

Dont know if I know Alan BUT Lee Jarmon has been treating service customers like that since the 80's I bought an 87 Turbo Coupe and they had ****ty service back then.

Lee Jarmon " Uh leave it today and we can get started on it next thursday"

Me : " Cant I bring it back Next Wed and you can start early thur on it "

Jarmon: " NO you have to leave it here - In line "

Me: " You mean my car will sit here for 8 days before anyone touches it ? Thats CRAZY !!"

Jarmon: " We're really busy, Sucks to be you "

That was the last time I dealt with them

98Cobra
01-15-2003, 02:00 PM
I drove past Lee Jarmon the other day, and it looks like it has been renamed Five Star Ford. Just wanted everyone to know the same sucky service can be had with a new name!

mercbuff
01-15-2003, 09:59 PM
i am new here and have my first new lightning i met a couple of yall down at papas the other night i can write you a two page deal about how my new truck didnt even have 100 miles on it with the motor out of it because the heads were leaking oil but lee jarmon are sam pack is wich it goes by now screw my truck up so bad it wasnt even funny after taking it back about 4 times for them to keep fixing other things that they kept breaking .
worst night mare a person could have feel like i bought a rebuilt truck instead of a new one.
but love the way it now runs and drive .
so were dose somebody take there truck to get fixed ?
and i do like this web site alot to read and study and you guys seem like a lot of fun .

Tony2000
01-16-2003, 01:07 AM
welcome!
what color and model is it?
what part of farmers branch are you from?
nice to have you here:nana2 :nana2 :nana2

mercbuff
01-16-2003, 11:37 AM
red 2002 and i live off of randy ln. (webb chapel and valley veiw)
and the only reason sam pack didnt get to keep it after all there mess ups because they did let me have it on the x plan wich was a good savings