PDA

View Full Version : strange start up noise after sitting

99WhiteBeast
01-14-2003, 06:40 PM
This is the 3rd time I've heard a strange noise :eek2: after start up.
It only occurs when truck has been sitting idle for a few days.

It sounds like mini blinds flapping in the wind or something :confused: and seems to be coming from the front of the motor around one of the various pulleys.

It is very noticable at start up and then slowly tapers off completely as the truck warms.

(52k on motor)

Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated.

Sixpipes
01-14-2003, 07:03 PM
Sounds like the rotors are chattering a bit in the blower. Several of the higher mileage trucks in the club have the same problem. Nothing to worry about. The sound also goes away with an increase in rpm, right? :cool:

L8 APEX
01-14-2003, 07:06 PM
I describe the rotors more as a rock crucher or marbles rolling in a coffee can sound. What kind of man uses mini blinds to describe a motor sound:vomit: I need a GIF!:D

99WhiteBeast
01-14-2003, 07:27 PM
Thanks Dennis:cool: yes it does go away with revs
bite me Terry:throw:

blueoval01
01-14-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by 99WhiteBeast
Thanks Dennis:cool:

bite me Terry:throw:

Gotta laugh ....... LMAO :d

Tony2000
01-15-2003, 12:45 AM
I had a similar problem also at cold start ups, it would go away after a minute or two, it tund out to be the belt. what i did was I put some belt dresing when it was doing it and it went away, so I changed out my belts. :tu:

Badcarma
01-15-2003, 02:36 PM
I also have that "rock-crushing" sound on start-up. Though I did rattle my miniblinds, and I still think it is a rock in a can/crushing sound. I don't drive mine but maybe 1 once a week, and after sitting it makes all kinds of noise up in front. It only has 14K miles. It really got loud after the E-fan and new H2O pump.

Scott