PDA

View Full Version : Oil down again

toddwarren
10-08-2008, 10:20 AM
Well Oil down again today on unexpected rise in supply in United States!

87.00 a barrel I would guess we will be back in the 2 dollar area fairly

soon. You know the whole industrialized World lowered interest rates

today to try and hold off this World recession and the stocks still going

down. :vomit:

WA 2 FST
10-08-2008, 11:16 AM
Nah... now that the US consumer is conditioned to paying $3.75 at the pump, we'll all feel like $3.10 is a bargain. Gas won't get down below $3/gal, IMHO.

ghostrider
10-08-2008, 12:40 PM
Well just got back from the gas station its 2.91 up here in sherman for 87 oct.:d

wesman
10-08-2008, 12:45 PM
I think it will see as low as $2.75 in some parts.

Most also disagreed with me that we'd see low 9k on the DOW before we saw 11k , it's likely most wont agree that gas will continue to nose dive.

BTW- I think DOW in the 8's is a real possibility here shortly.

--wes

WA 2 FST
10-08-2008, 12:56 PM
The law of supply and demand + cost basis vs. market price SHOULD dictate that gasoline prices come way down. Hopefully they will... don't get me wrong.

It's all about the pricing threshold that a consumer is willing to pay.

Dow in the 8's will hurt, but then again some folks just think it is always supposed to magically continue to climb.

Time to buy some more real estate....

wesman
10-08-2008, 01:09 PM
The law of supply and demand + cost basis vs. market price SHOULD dictate that gasoline prices come way down. Hopefully they will... don't get me wrong.

It's all about the pricing threshold that a consumer is willing to pay.

Dow in the 8's will hurt, but then again some folks just think it is always supposed to magically continue to climb.

Time to buy some more real estate....

I agree, the DOW is killing a lot of peoples 401k, retirement accounts etc. I have pulled most of my money from mutual funds and such so I can self direct it. I've watched my 401k get hammered over the last 8 months and take a 40% hit in that time because there wasn't much I could do about it. We just recently moved our accounts and it affords me the ability to invest myself and I've already made a nice chunk of change on paper in the last two days.

I actually think there is a lot of money to be made right now on the market, although my philosophies are not for everyone....I'll be buying when most are selling, but I'll also be sitting there with a big grin on my face when the DOW does venture back above 10-11k and have a lot of securities I paid pennies on the dollar for.

I'm with you on the real estate thing as well. If you get the right deals, there's plenty of money to be made you just have to be able to move when you can find those deals.

--wes

toddwarren
10-08-2008, 01:13 PM
Wes you already own most of the North Dallas housing real estate don't

you? I agree housing prices have to be at 6 year lows maybe more.

I assume if the home credit markets stay tight more people will be having

to rent.

Go get them tiger (LOL)

ghostrider
10-08-2008, 02:49 PM
I would be right there with you wes if I weren't working my way though college. But hey it all comes with hard work and time right. :icon_wink: