PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Trillion So Far

toddwarren
11-12-2008, 11:27 AM
I know this is a Lightning web site , but has anybody else noticed the price of the bail out?

#1. 2 trillion Fed loans the fed wont discuss for what
#2. 700 Billion this fund designed to buy bad debt
#3. 300 Billion this fund is governments year old attempt at mortgage workouts
#4.200 (#4.@00) Billion Fannie and Freddie
#5.140 Billion Tax breaks for banks
#6. 110 Billion to AIG gave them another 40 billion this week

3.5 Trillion or 25% of the United States economy, oh and this is before the Big 3 auto bailout I am sure we will do. :vomit:

WA 2 FST
11-12-2008, 12:22 PM
The old saying goes... "you gotta pay, if you want to play." Well, we've been playing by plastic the past 15-20 years, and its time to pay now.

There is no way the govt can raise enough funds to pay for all this, so we are going deeper into debt, no matter the tax structure of the present (or foreseeable future).

We owe China so much... I don't look forward to the day they "call the note" on us (tough for them, or anyone, to do realistically I know, but you get the point).

It's amazing what the Dems are doing now that they won the WH and more seats in Congress. Turns out the "bailout" is taking a new direction.

All I know is the free-market doesn't like any of it!

dboat
11-12-2008, 01:13 PM
I know this is a Lightning web site , but has anybody else noticed the price of the bail out?

#1. 2 trillion Fed loans the fed wont discuss for what
#2. 700 Billion this fund designed to buy bad debt
#3. 300 Billion this fund is governments year old attempt at mortgage workouts
#4.200 (#4.@00) Billion Fannie and Freddie
#5.140 Billion Tax breaks for banks
#6. 110 Billion to AIG gave them another 40 billion this week

3.5 Trillion or 25% of the United States economy, oh and this is before the Big 3 auto bailout I am sure we will do. :vomit:

I believe the 300 and 200B you have above is included in the 700B number.

no more bailouts, if one or two of the big three go down, so be it.. whoever is left over will get a lot of their business plus it might just spawn some new and efficient automakers...

Dana