PDA

View Full Version : i hate sct and its datalogging software

boostaholic
11-23-2008, 03:18 PM
so i just spent an hour trying to figure out how to use livelink and i wanna break some shit. i have no clue what im doing now and its pissing me off. all i want to do is datalog this thing so i can send it in for another tune. anyone use a X3 and livelink? if so tell me what to do from start to finish to datalog my truck. im all butt hurt now GRRRRRRRRRRR

my rant is over and once again technology has owned me :bs

L8 APEX
11-23-2008, 09:18 PM
I never tried on the device logging. I always use an Xcal2 and log to my laptop through the USB cable. That is the easiest way IMO.

boostaholic
11-24-2008, 12:21 AM
terry this is what i got: computer(visa)--> usb cable--> Xcal3--> OBD2 connector of truck.

why cant a company just make one that you select your vehicle and click "record datalog" ? of course have a list of things to choose from to log too. if i cant get this resolved before i go to iraq i think im just gonna have my sister take teh truck to gear heads to have them add some stuff to the truck and then have them dyno tune it.

RSVT
11-24-2008, 12:25 AM
gear heads, isnt that a chevy & mustang shop...?

BC Lightning
11-24-2008, 08:56 AM
snip...... i think im just gonna have my sister take teh truck to gear heads to have them add some stuff to the truck and then have them dyno tune it.

At least you'll be getting a built motor when they blow up the current motor :tu:

boostaholic
11-24-2008, 11:19 AM
iv had a few buddys have work by them and they seem great. i was gonna check into PSI too but they are a lil to far for me.

BC Lightning
11-24-2008, 11:30 AM
Rpm, hpp, lonestar, gearheads, all of the local shops don't tune lightnings, I spoke with Manny last Friday, he said they are still scratching their head trying to figure out what's wrong with a lightning they have at the shop

Get with Terry on the tune or head down to PSI and get with Pat, or JJ @ WMS
Dante at DMP, or rick @ amazon, all are great tuners

I'd never take my L to a shop that doesn't work on Lightnings on a continous basis

FRDRCING
11-24-2008, 11:47 AM
PSI is worth the Drive trust me, Pat takes his time and does a very good job. But also the other email tuners BC listed are very good as well. Just have to data log and send them the info.. If you have a wideband that info. will be also very helpful for them.

boostaholic
11-24-2008, 02:41 PM
think il take your advise. my buddy had his sn95 tuned at gear heads and they did a great job. he told me that they worked on lightnings too but i never actually talked to them. iv never heard anything bad about PSI. think il give them a call later and see what they can do for me.

Rpm, hpp, lonestar, gearheads, all of the local shops don't tune lightnings, I spoke with Manny last Friday, he said they are still scratching their head trying to figure out what's wrong with a lightning they have at the shop

Get with Terry on the tune or head down to PSI and get with Pat, or JJ @ WMS
Dante at DMP, or rick @ amazon, all are great tuners

I'd never take my L to a shop that doesn't work on Lightnings on a continous basis

boostaholic
11-24-2008, 04:26 PM
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR SCT CAN SUCK MY BALLS... iv been trying all day to get this damn thing to log and its not doing shit but making me want to throw my computer and the hand held. anyone in the ft worth area wanna give a brother a hand? il pay for the service via beer and dinner or something :tu:

Mark #2
11-24-2008, 05:02 PM
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR SCT CAN SUCK MY BALLS... iv been trying all day to get this damn thing to log and its not doing shit but making me want to throw my computer and the hand held. anyone in the ft worth area wanna give a brother a hand? il pay for the service via beer and dinner or something :tu:

Send me your e-mail address I have a 5 MB file that has the directions for a SCT2, I have followed them and logged many times. The key is to have the USB drivers confiqured correctly.
Mark

boostaholic
11-24-2008, 07:46 PM
well mark tried with no luck, thanks mark.

Mark #2
11-24-2008, 08:00 PM
well mark tried with no luck, thanks mark.
Did you do all the downloads to the drivers?
I am sure I can help you, I have done a few others.

The key is to understand your SCT part number/computer/software/and USB drivers. It just takes discipline on the process.
What is your operating system?

Aggie Mom
11-24-2008, 08:00 PM
I don't think SCT and LiveLink is compatible with Windows Vista. You're running Vista right? I did a google search and found a bunch of threads on other forums about it. Maybe some of you computer guru's could help out to find out if that is true.

boostaholic
11-24-2008, 08:05 PM
mark i went there and i have the correct drivers, i have no if i have 62 64 or what ever bit.

cathy i have vista

Mark #2
11-24-2008, 08:30 PM
mark i went there and i have the correct drivers, i have no if i have 62 64 or what ever bit.

cathy i have vista
http://www.sctflash.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=36&nav=0

But if you have 64 it will not work

L8 APEX
11-24-2008, 08:31 PM
I use XP. I haven't read the SCT support forums lately.
Can you access this link?
http://www.sctflash.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8217&page=4

Here is what one guy said.

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/Live_Link1.JPG

L8 APEX
11-24-2008, 08:36 PM
Another post because I care to share:tu:
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/live_link2.JPG

boostaholic
11-25-2008, 09:59 AM
damn computer nerds own the interwebs man.... i did all that but for some reason it wont let me click the block for "run as administrator" BUT when you rick click on livelink at the top you can click on "run as administrator" will this do the the same thing? i clicked it and the screen went black for about 2seconds, the colors changed and livelink opened... il try this later and see what happens.

boostaholic
11-26-2008, 10:55 AM
it didnt work again.... its too late now anyways. the ford Vs. chevy shoot out is this friday. not enough time to get another tune so blaaa. this friday is my last time to race prolly until i get back from iraq :( maby il race some hmmwvs(hummers) while im there like last time.