PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma ticket

98Cobra
12-08-2008, 06:31 PM
Guys, know any good ticket attorneys in the Ardmore area? Got nabbed by OHP on Black Friday by aircraft.

L8 APEX
12-08-2008, 06:43 PM
Damn, that is a rare catch! I would call the DA or who ever you call for the ticket and ask for Deferred.
I got a OK ticket a few months back and called the number on the ticket and spoke with the DA. I paid my fine and got 60 or 90 days deferred no lawyer needed.

ZeusSVT
12-08-2008, 06:43 PM
Aircraft? :eek: Ouch, gotta love Oklahoma. :hammer:

Get with Richgig, he got one recently here in Texas on the Tollway. See if he used some one specific that might be able to help out with it. I think he got nailed by State Trooper if I am not mistaken.

L8 APEX
12-08-2008, 06:50 PM
I am surprised anyone is OK is allowed to pilot aircraft:tex. You could Google an attny for the county, local city the ticket is written from. State Troopers should give you a paper telling you which county and who the DA is for that area.

Mark #2
12-08-2008, 06:51 PM
Guys, know any good ticket attorneys in the Ardmore area? Got nabbed by OHP on Black Friday by aircraft.

That has to be cost effective to have aircraft issuing traffic tickets;)

99WhiteBeast
12-08-2008, 07:08 PM
Always wondered if those signs (speed is monitored by aircraft)were BS- well now I know.

Thanks Garett for taking one for the team

dboat
12-08-2008, 07:11 PM
That has to be cost effective to have aircraft issuing traffic tickets;)

they must be in gliders.. right?:rolleyes:

SILVER2000SVT
12-08-2008, 07:23 PM
I assumed you asked to see the radar display for verification? If they can't give you that that's one more cause of reasonable doubt.

my2002lightning
12-08-2008, 08:07 PM
As this is my neck-of-the-woods, I don't know of any traffic defense attys offhand, but here is your Carter Cty DA: http://www.brightok.net/cartercounty/districtattorney.html.

Those white blocks painted on the shoulder of the highways are there for that very purpose. Having TX plates isn't going to help. What did they clock you doing? What looks to be the fine amt.?

When speeding through OK., get a V1 (and preferably a Blinder) and keep an eye for Cessnas running parrallel to the interstates, fyi. :icon_cool:

Good luck, Garret.

L8 APEX
12-08-2008, 08:35 PM
I assumed you asked to see the radar display for verification? If they can't give you that that's one more cause of reasonable doubt.
I heard they quit granting that request years ago for yours and the officers safety. There are 4-5 legal ways for them to calculate your speed, some are more debatable than others. The moral is the avg Joe isn't going to beat a cop in court. VASCAR, Lidar, radar, pace, aircraft, photo radar.

http://www.duifoundation.org/drunkdriving/trafficviolations/speedmeasurement/aircraft.php

dboat
12-08-2008, 08:36 PM
I heard they quit granting that request years ago for yours and the officers safety. There are 4-5 legal ways for them to calculate your speed, some are more debatable than others. The moral is the avg Joe isn't going to beat a cop in court. VASCAR, Lidar, radar, pace, aircraft, photo radar.

http://www.duifoundation.org/drunkdriving/trafficviolations/speedmeasurement/aircraft.php

plus they need the money... so lets throw due process out the window and just make people pay the fine.. :mad:

98Cobra
12-09-2008, 12:12 AM
Well, Ronald and Terry are right - the VASCAR system is indeed how they got me. I dont think they use aircraft often - but, holiday weekend, and a lot of people heading to Stillwater for the OU/OSU game.

Cost effective because I sat in the car while he wrote my $236 ticket and saw his clipboard of 15 other cars he had written down. Him and another guy were writing them as fast as they could.

I was clocked at 88 in a 70.

I have read that if you challenge it in court, both the officer and the spotter in the plane have to show up, and there are still ways of attacking their position. But I dont have the time to mess with it.

I think the moral here is, your V1 is not enough. Time for a trunk tracker radio. :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nghau2LfjmE

L8 APEX
12-09-2008, 12:14 AM
Or anti aircraft arms:evil. It is a driving tax, we all contribute...

TP Derrick D
12-15-2008, 10:00 PM
They have aircraft in Lousiana or Mississippi also, I forgot which, but anyway one got me about 5 years ago. I saw a trooper ahead sitting on side of I-20w at exit of a rest stop so I slowed down, then he got behind me and turned on lights, WTF? I'm not speeding. He say I was clocked doing 84. WHAT? when I passed you? No, by the aircraft a couple miles back. I said what? Aircraft? He said yeah. I said Man, I ain't seen no aircraft. He said something on the radio then a few seconds later a plane few over head low and did the tilted wing move to show they was commuicating with each other. I couldn't say nothing. Later I found out that that's the purpose of those spaced out white lines across the highway, they pace you from one to the next, then calculate how long it takes and that determines how fast you was going. I just paid the fine, I didn't want to travel all way back there costing me more than the fee of the ticket in gas & time.

my2002lightning
12-17-2008, 05:00 PM
What they do is fly alongside the vehicle with a stop-watch, binoculars and a time/mph chart. The spotter in the Cessna times you between the white bars and/or cross-hairs on the pavement.

They patrol back-and-forth with comm. alongside OHP on the ground ready to turn on the party-lights for any speeders.

OK. even has tv spots and road-signs telling drivers what's going on.