PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone here used Belltech drop spindles

hallin hay
12-08-2008, 11:16 PM
I was just wondering because I ordered a set of 2" drop spindles from stylin trucks. I asked the guy to be sure to make sure that there was no different part number for the lightning vs. a f150, he checked the bell tech book and said there was not footnote for the part not to work on an L. Bell Tech p/n-2350 for 97-03 f150, expy, nav, and van. The problem is that when I got them and took the originals off I realied that the Hole where the tie rod connects to the spindle was too small for my tie rod bolt, the stock looks like about a 1/2" hole where the bell tech is about 3/8". I thought that I got screwed on the part and believed that the L had a larger tie rod, but I went to the local auto parts house and got a tie rod for a 2000 f150 and it is the same as the one on my L, Then I thought maybe it was a manufacturing error, so I called stylin trucks again and they assured me that the part number is correct so they send another set. Needless to say these are the same, Tie rod hole too small. Just wondering if anyone here has used them and if so was this the part number that you used?
Any info on your exp. with this part would be appriciated

Thanks, Keith

L8 APEX
12-08-2008, 11:38 PM
I installed a set for GbGary here. All 97-03 F150's have the same joints. The only SVT part is the lower control arm is set back a little to handling purposes. I thought we had to install the tye rod ends upside down or such... The lower ball joint took their special nut and had to be cut flush to clear the wheel.
Kit should be #2350

hallin hay
12-09-2008, 12:00 AM
Yeah, I have the 2350 for the p/n, and I knew about having to chop the lower ball joint bolt, but I can not seem to get an answer why the tie rod bolt hole in the spindle is too small, not only on one set but two. I think I will have to call Bell Tech and see what the deal is. Thanks Terry.

hallin hay
12-09-2008, 12:04 AM
Wait! Thanks agian Terry, I just looked closer at the spindles and the hole is tapered and it looks like it will work with the tie rod upside down, I will try it tomorrow,

Thanks again, Keith

SILVER2000SVT
12-09-2008, 08:24 PM
... I thought we had to install the tye rod ends upside down or such...

This is correct if you have the latest revision of the parts. I'm surprised it doesn't say this in the instructions?

hallin hay
12-09-2008, 09:30 PM
Good to go, that was the issue, and it was in the directions, I guess it's time to go to the eye doctor.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the info.