PDA

View Full Version : Generations at the Waffle House

L8 APEX
01-19-2003, 01:31 PM
I enjoy a weekend breakfast at the Waffle House like any other truck owner. It never ceases to amaze me the consistency of oddball staff they employ. I noticed this morning a good looking young lady working there 20yrs old. Then I noticed the last name on her tag matched the old hag taking my order. It became clear that they were mother daughter. Looking at the mother I never looked at the daughter the same. Mom was standard issue WH fare. Missing front teeth, smoking, living with drunk boyfriend, overall jacked up. Sad to see her daughter following in her footsteps:(
Things I noticed about WH is the coffee cups are very thin and usually cracked. I think this is so they can see the level without much effort. Nobody uses hair nets or gloves. The cook is usually black and does a great job. Swearing and talking smack is part of the atmosphere. All said, I will go back again:tu:

03LightningRocks
01-19-2003, 02:04 PM
If you think that is wacky, you should check out Denny's at about 2:30 Sunday morning.:nono:

Rocks

Crawford
01-19-2003, 03:00 PM
02LR,

That is true. Its always interesting when you are giving your order to a person that has consumed more alcohol or illegal substances than you have that evening! :D

98Cobra
01-19-2003, 07:12 PM
I do love Waffle House though. Cheap food, interesting people, and the occasional out-of-place good looking chick. ;)

ken cryder
01-20-2003, 12:46 AM
who died and made you god to judge people without even knowing them .

is that how you judge people here on the board also ?

i think by your comments you were born with a gold spoon up your ass , would that be fair to you ?

no it wouldn't .

quote (after seeing her mom i never looked at her daughter the same way)

you don't know she could be one of the nicest persons you could ever meet .

i have long hair , does that make me a low life dope head . or my son .

i think you need to watch what you post about people you don't know

ken

L8 APEX
01-20-2003, 01:07 AM
Easy there Ken... I think every man has told his son about women. "Look at her mother and that is pretty much what you'll end up with" or something to that effect, true? That is all I was referring to. She was cute and I may ask her out sometime:tu: I don't think you would have posted what you did if you knew me either:beer:

98Cobra
01-20-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
Easy there Ken... I think every man has told his son about women. "Look at her mother and that is pretty much what you'll end up with" or something to that effect, true? That is all I was referring to.

I was going to reply back to Ken, but you got it covered.

Besides, judging others is an American tradition. If this is the first time you have been exposed to it, you are lucky...

03LightningRocks
01-20-2003, 01:04 PM
Ken,

I have met L8 Apex and I can tell you that you took his comments way out of context. Heck, he lives down in the war zone...LOL.

Give it some time, you'll find he's not a bad guy.

Rocks:beer:

dboat
01-25-2003, 04:03 PM
WTF? I have met L8Apex and think he's a pretty good guy.. I didnt take his comments negatively.. and frankly, I cant tell you how many times you meet a girl and see her mother, then think to yourself, WELL thats where she's gonna be in 30 yrs, give or take.. If Mom was a hottie, then that much better...

Chill
:rolleyes:

dboat
01-27-2003, 07:01 PM
here there was a thread about this.. then lo and behold the a FREAKIN SUPER BOWL COMMERCIAL about this very thing.. and it was absolutely hilarious...

:beer:

L8 APEX
01-27-2003, 07:47 PM
Yeah I saw it too! Moma had a big ol' butt:d :twitch:

devildog92
01-27-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
Easy there Ken... I think every man has told his son about women. "Look at her mother and that is pretty much what you'll end up with" or something to that effect, true? That is all I was referring to. She was cute and I may ask her out sometime:tu: I don't think you would have posted what you did if you knew me either:beer:

you dont need to apologize Terry, you did nothing wrong. you made a social commentary, and that is commended, we are not the Nazis here. If it were up to certain people we would not be able to say anything in this world, with their 'hurt' feelings and all at jeapordy. Rock on Terry..

PS...its just better to hate everyone, it works for me. Long hair, men who wear earrings, people who wear torn clothes, baggy pants or dog collars, and waffle house hoosiers LOLOLOLOL