PDA

View Full Version : Nice and clean

L8 APEX
12-14-2008, 07:58 PM
Here is a pic of Wes' intercooler after two years of driving w/o EGR. Clean as the day I installed the KB.

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/CIMG1751.JPG

WA 2 FST
12-15-2008, 12:06 AM
If you attribute this to the lack of an EGR, then let's not worry about installing it. If my son runs into inspection issues, then we'll cross that bridge then. For now, just turning off the code will work once I get the tuner back.

It does look really clean.

ZeusSVT
12-15-2008, 12:10 AM
Yeah I have the egr delete plate. Just have not got around to getting it done. I am scared to see what my intercooler looks like considering I haven't taken the stock blower off since I bought the truck. :confused:

WA 2 FST
12-15-2008, 12:13 AM
I have had the oil seperator on mine since ~1k miles, but at 21k miles when Terry removed the stock blower, he had to clean the IC. I don't know how bad it was (I remember him saying it wasn't clogged or anything), but seeing what it looks like now after another 9.3k miles... obviously the EGR is a dirty piece in the mix.

Bird
12-15-2008, 09:52 AM
With the oil separator (L&S) and no EGR, my IC is still spotless after 15k.

Bird

PUMP
12-16-2008, 11:55 PM
If you attribute this to the lack of an EGR, then let's not worry about installing it. If my son runs into inspection issues, then we'll cross that bridge then. For now, just turning off the code will work once I get the tuner back.

It does look really clean.
I have been through two inspection cycles without the EGR and have had no problems.:icon_biggrin:

WA 2 FST
12-17-2008, 09:39 AM
I have been through two inspection cycles without the EGR and have had no problems.:icon_biggrin:

I have too.

nacklas
12-17-2008, 10:04 AM
I went through my first inspection since doing the EGR mod. Was alittle nervous but everything came out good. With a passing grade!:tu: