PDA

View Full Version : Some sleet

L8 APEX
12-15-2008, 10:33 PM
May have to drive the Eileen tomorrow John:D. Nice coat of sleet this evening.
I may beak out the ATV if it gets any better:evil

dboat
12-15-2008, 10:41 PM
May have to drive the Eileen tomorrow John:D. Nice coat of sleet this evening.
I may beak out the ATV if it gets any better:evil

oh come on... man up... get out the old rear wheel drive Mustang with the drag radials.. at least it will be interesting.. :eek2:

you guys need to come live up here for a few winters to teach you some skills.. :tu:

Dana

bobbywade69
12-15-2008, 10:45 PM
Doesn't matter anyhow we both have the work van to drive to work wreck them all we want!! We can meet up with the van and play ice derby in the morning!! :evil

Ohmsby
12-15-2008, 10:49 PM
Eileen is ready for duty Not too much up here looks like the LBJ is F ed

Silver_2000
12-15-2008, 11:58 PM
I left i2 at 8 or so and it was 1/2 inch deep there but the rain/freezing rain was really localized - a mile north roads were dry

dboat
12-16-2008, 07:51 AM
I left i2 at 8 or so and it was 1/2 inch deep there but the rain/freezing rain was really localized - a mile north roads were dry

Doug, dont be putting the Vette or the Lexus at risk like that again!!:nono:

Dana

Silver_2000
12-16-2008, 10:06 AM
Doug, dont be putting the Vette or the Lexus at risk like that again!!:nono:

Dana
Im just glad I wasnt in the vette - the lexus did ok and the roads were pretty empty - the vette would have been a handful

L8 APEX
12-16-2008, 10:19 AM
The vette is one of the easiest cars to drive in the ice. My buddy Ethan drove his to work in an ice storm when I stayed home in my 4wd. The active handling and traction control make it a piece of cake. You could dump the clutch, nail the gas, crank the wheel etc. The AH computer would shut it right down and keep you pointed straight. It was very hard to unsettle it on city streets.

tiffo60
12-16-2008, 10:55 AM
The vette is one of the easiest cars to drive in the ice. My buddy Ethan drove his to work in an ice storm when I stayed home in my 4wd. The active handling and traction control make it a piece of cake. You could dump the clutch, nail the gas, crank the wheel etc. The AH computer would shut it right down and keep you pointed straight. It was very hard to unsettle it on city streets.

Now to me that just takes all the fun out of it:cool:

WA 2 FST
12-16-2008, 11:12 AM
Now to me that just takes all the fun out of it:cool:

That's why there's a handy-dandy "OFF" button for normal driving. :icon_mrgreen:

Actually I run mine in Competition Mode 100% of the time. Active Handling stays on, but TC is off.

joshc_guitar
12-16-2008, 11:25 AM
I did some doughnuts in the L this morning (completely on purpose). Roads were alright once I got out of my neighborhood.

Ohmsby
12-16-2008, 01:26 PM
that's why there's a handy-dandy "off" button for normal driving. :icon_mrgreen:

Actually i run mine in competition mode 100% of the time. Active handling stays on, but tc is off.

+1

Silver_2000
12-16-2008, 01:51 PM
That's why there's a handy-dandy "OFF" button for normal driving. :icon_mrgreen:

Actually I run mine in Competition Mode 100% of the time. Active Handling stays on, but TC is off.
Im not that brave :nono:

Ohmsby
12-16-2008, 02:03 PM
Im not that brave :nono:

not in the ice but for regular street driving I like the Comp mode

Silver_2000
12-16-2008, 02:38 PM
not in the ice but for regular street driving I like the Comp mode
Maybe its cause I like my tires..... :evil:evil

L8 APEX
12-16-2008, 06:34 PM
The C6 AH modes are a little different than the C5's. I love comp driving it lets you drive normal but kicks in if it starts going sideaways.

In the C5 if you turn TC off everything is off. You hold the button for three seconds and it goes to the Comp driving mode. 99-00 you had to switch to comp mode. 01 you could do it while driving below 25mph. 02-up you could select Comp mode at any speed.

The C6 you tap the button and it turns off traction control but leaves on active handling. If you tap twice it goes to comp mode which allows higher yaw rates. Holding it for five seconds disables both and all.