PDA

View Full Version : Oil leak and bling!

Shiner1
12-18-2008, 08:11 PM
A few weeks ago I posted up that the L was leaking oil. Well I have had a few days off and thought I would tackle the problem. BTW thanks John, it was a valve cover gasket. I replaced both (drivers/pass) gaskets and cleaned the bay up. I had to take the blower tubing off to get to the drivers side valve cover gasket and thought I'd take this time to get them re-powder coated. The original color of the tubing was gray and it was "bubbling up" some. Heat I guess. The red isn't the same as the truck but it's not to far off. I also got my Christmas present up and running. Draft anyone??

dboat
12-18-2008, 08:14 PM
All of that looks nice:tu:.. but hold on for the Boomer hateh's to post..

Dana

Ohmsby
12-18-2008, 08:40 PM
My name is John and I approve of this Mod:tu:

ZeusSVT
12-18-2008, 08:40 PM
Engine bay looks damn good. :tu:

All of that looks nice:tu:.. but hold on for the Boomer hateh's to post..

Dana

Hey, as long as its got beer in it, I don't mind what sign is on it. :beer:

I do have a UT sign you can have though. I'm sure it will fit on there somewhere.:rll::rll:

T Hogg
12-19-2008, 10:47 AM
A few weeks ago I posted up that the L was leaking oil. Well I have had a few days off and thought I would tackle the problem. BTW thanks John, it was a valve cover gasket. I replaced both (drivers/pass) gaskets and cleaned the bay up. I had to take the blower tubing off to get to the drivers side valve cover gasket and thought I'd take this time to get them re-powder coated. The original color of the tubing was gray and it was "bubbling up" some. Heat I guess. The red isn't the same as the truck but it's not to far off. I also got my Christmas present up and running. Draft anyone??

I've been hearing/reading alot about this truck. Is it ready to run? If so lets do it.:icon_mrgreen:
No juice blower to blower.:santa

Shiner1
12-19-2008, 11:38 AM
I've been hearing/reading alot about this truck. Is it ready to run? If so lets do it.:icon_mrgreen:
No juice blower to blower.:santa
It's up and running. I'l like to get a few passes under my belt before I meet up with the top dog since I have not had it to the track yet. But your on....

T Hogg
12-19-2008, 03:28 PM
10-4. I've just been wanting some L vs L action thats all. Since Rock doesn't race anymore, I have no one to talk $hit to.

Thanks for being there for me in my time of need.:tu:

Go Gen 1's!!!:burnout:

Ohmsby
12-19-2008, 06:10 PM
Easy terry that truck has been known to run mid 14's :twitch:

T Hogg
12-19-2008, 09:10 PM
Should be a good race then. My truck has only ran at best, in cold weather, new tune and a clean K&N filter low 14s. :twitch:

Shiner1
12-22-2008, 11:46 AM
Should be a good race then. My truck has only ran at best, in cold weather, new tune and a clean K&N filter low 14s. :twitch:

:bs,:rll:I know better than that.

99WhiteBeast
12-24-2008, 12:08 AM
I'm calling BS on both trucks

engine bay= that's a nice:tu: