PDA

View Full Version : Coil Packs?

nacklas
12-19-2008, 12:13 PM
I think it's time to change the coil packs on my truck. What's the best bang for buck? Stock?, Acell?, or MSD?

TXLIGHTNING
12-19-2008, 12:56 PM
From what I have read over the years you should go with stock Ford CP's :tu:

Boost_Addict
12-19-2008, 01:32 PM
From what I have read over the years you should go with stock Ford CP's :tu:

+1... :tu:

tiffo60
12-22-2008, 09:38 AM
+1... :tu:

+10000

Ohmsby can chime in and tell you all about the accels:d

Ohmsby
12-22-2008, 09:54 AM
I think I have some accels at the shop if you would like to buy them slightly used and not guaranteed to work.

Or you can buy new ones from RPM and they do not work out of the box and they will not take them back and then you can rant about what a sack of Chit they are ...........:stupidc I of course am sugar coating it. If you want to order them from RPM I suggest slamming your dick in a drawer it will save you the shipping and the outcome is the same

rant off

nacklas
12-22-2008, 09:59 AM
I think I have some accels at the shop if you would like to buy them slightly used and not guaranteed to work.

Or you can buy new ones from RPM and they do not work out of the box and they will not take them back and then you can rant about what a sack of Chit they are ...........:stupidc I of course am sugar coating it. If you want to order them from RPM I suggest slamming your dick in a drawer it will save you the shipping and the outcome is the same

rant off

:rll::rll::rll:
Tooo Funny! No i would never buy from there. I only go through LFP and Lethal Performance. I saw some on nloc going for 190.

BC Lightning
12-22-2008, 10:09 AM
they have all been tested, the only ones that actually work are Weapon X COPs, and they are expensive, stock COPs have been tested to handle 800hp+, just stick with stock

nacklas
12-22-2008, 10:11 AM
they have all been tested, the only ones that actually work are Weapon X COPs, and they are expensive, stock COPs have been tested to handle 800hp+, just stick with stock

Will do! Thanks for the info! :tu:

99WhiteBeast
12-24-2008, 12:03 AM
I think it's time to change the coil packs on my truck. What's the best bang for buck? Stock?, Acell?, or MSD?

Just curious to why you think its time to change them?

nacklas
12-24-2008, 11:17 AM
When Terry change the plugs awhile back they looked real bad. Beat up worn out.

dboat
12-24-2008, 11:40 AM
buy them, help out the economy/..

nacklas
12-24-2008, 12:22 PM
buy them, help out the economy/..

Already did!:tu:

dboat
12-24-2008, 01:36 PM
Already did!:tu:

:tu::tu::tu:

N2Otorious
12-29-2008, 01:43 AM
When Terry change the plugs awhile back they looked real bad. Beat up worn out.

Change the boots and springs, about 3.50 per coil... Use Dielectric grease to help with conductivity.

Use your DMM and test the Primary windings(The part of the coil that builds the charge) set the DMM to ohms, and put test leads on the two pins in the connector, you will want to see .55ohms. If that passes, next test the secondary windings(The part of the coil that pushes the charge out to the spark plug) but putting the red test lead on the + side of the Primary coil winding and then put the black test lead on the bottom on the coil where the spring goes, look for 5500k ohms.

If you coils pass the ohms tests, or are close, just replace the boots and springs. Always use stock coils.