PDA

View Full Version : Terry...Rember the Rattling sound?!?

nacklas
12-22-2008, 10:09 AM
So rember the sound I was telling you about when you did the pulley change?

Could it be my upper ball joints? I needed a alignment due to lowering the L. But noticed that I would also need new upper ball joints.

(To update guys that dont know whats going on with the truck)

Everytime I brake and let off the brake I get this rattling sound from the drives side wheel. I have check the exhuast and it is intact. I also have check every bolt under there and all are tight. I'm at a lost!!!!!:flaming:

L8 APEX
12-22-2008, 10:05 PM
No, it is a drive train rattle, ball joints may give a single clunk upon weight shift.
For upper joints you have to replace the whole arm assy.

mikelemoine
12-22-2008, 11:41 PM
I've had a few vehicles where the rubber boot that the caliper bolts slide through rots or cracks and the caliper rattles when you hit certain bumps. Maybe it flops around a bit when you release the brake at speed? Just an idea, haven't seen this on a F150 but several other cars over the years....

N2Otorious
12-29-2008, 01:49 PM
I've had a few vehicles where the rubber boot that the caliper bolts slide through rots or cracks and the caliper rattles when you hit certain bumps. Maybe it flops around a bit when you release the brake at speed? Just an idea, haven't seen this on a F150 but several other cars over the years....

I've seen that before, not on a F-150 thou.