PDA

View Full Version : installed my FTVB today

hillman
12-26-2008, 09:14 PM
i installed the ftvb 2c today. all i can say is chirping the tires is f'in awesomehttp://www.lightningrodder.com/forum/images/smilies/3gears.gif. install was really easy, took me maybe 45 minutes. although i thought during normal driving it would shift a little harder. before i had my line pressure turned up and it shifted harder in normal driving than the ftvb. i wonder what it would be like together?http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum/images/smilies/shocked003.gifdont think ill try it. but i do love how the truck kinda jumps when it shifts.

WA 2 FST
12-26-2008, 09:30 PM
John,

Glad you got it done. I told you it wasn't hard at all, and you confirmed that! It is really a great mod. I think you can still have the line pressure turned up a little bit. Terry is good at tuning to account for the FTVB.

hillman
12-26-2008, 09:48 PM
you know how my truck was bogging down when i tapped the gas? well i have the pressure back to stock and it doesnt do it anymore. and now it cruises at lower rpms. idk if it was the line pressure or the ftvb fixing it but it stopped now. so now that i think about it, idk if i want the pressure back up lol. i might save a little gas. besides i dont have the funds to get a new tune:hammer: but i definietly will take it to terry when i do, probably when i get a full exhaust. now i gotta figure out whats next, the exhaust and tune or suspension.:rolleyes:

WA 2 FST
12-26-2008, 10:23 PM
So are you just running the stock tune now, or does your programmer allow you to turn down the line pressure yourself without altering the rest of the tune?

hillman
12-26-2008, 10:43 PM
no i couldnt do it with the programer. i just went back up to hpp and they switched the line pressure for me but kept everything else in the tune the same.

hillman
12-26-2008, 11:04 PM
so i just realized i forgot to put the magnet back in the pan.:flaming: guess im doing it again tomorrow. grrr

Sandman
12-27-2008, 12:18 AM
most people throw the magnet away. i always put it back in.

RSVT
12-27-2008, 09:41 PM
i loved mine when i installed it.....

L8 APEX
12-27-2008, 10:16 PM
The deep pan has a magnet in the drain plug.

hillman
12-28-2008, 01:40 AM
no way thats awesome:banana:. im glad i didnt have time to do it today. thanks for the info.