PDA

View Full Version : Need exhaust/pulley advice please

charlie
12-30-2008, 08:27 AM
I can only get on the net at work. So there is not a lot of time to search.

I may be getting a 2.6 KB in trade. And LT headders.

I need to know what pully combo's will produce what boost?

I have a 6lb lower, and I think the KB has a 3.5 on it now. (need belt size too)

What would be a good cat to install with the LT's? Stock, (4) or just 2 cats?

Thanks
Charlie

ZeusSVT
12-30-2008, 08:58 AM
Hey Charlie, I know this isn't all the info you need, but it's a start. :tu:

http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3014

99WhiteBeast
12-30-2008, 09:47 AM
here you go

charlie
12-30-2008, 10:40 AM
here you go

I hope his #'s are wrong. I'm running faster than a 12.5 now.

Or did I read it wrong? :confused:

99WhiteBeast
12-30-2008, 10:58 AM

I'm sure that is just his results- we don't know his 60's, altitude, temp......

BC Lightning
12-30-2008, 01:08 PM
I was running a 8# lower and 3.5 upper on my KB 2.6, I was seeing around 16#s of boost, but I also had ported heads and larger headers and exhaust (JLP comp R exhaust true 3" full exhaust)

that blower produces ALOT of heat, so be prepared for it, and they are known for getting too hot and melting the dip stick cap on top of the blower and shooting oil over the engine bay and dropping the metal dip stick into the blower, happened to me twice

if your daily driving with a 2.6 be careful, it gets stupid crazy really fast, I took my truck ice skating down 35 once from a 60mph punch, about 3-4 360's later I was pointed in the right direction again

charlie
12-30-2008, 01:17 PM
I was running a 8# lower and 3.5 upper on my KB 2.6, I was seeing around 16#s of boost, but I also had ported heads and larger headers and exhaust (JLP comp R exhaust true 3" full exhaust)

that blower produces ALOT of heat, so be prepared for it, and they are known for getting too hot and melting the dip stick cap on top of the blower and shooting oil over the engine bay and dropping the metal dip stick into the blower, happened to me twice

if your daily driving with a 2.6 be careful, it gets stupid crazy really fast, I took my truck ice skating down 35 once from a 60mph punch, about 3-4 360's later I was pointed in the right direction again

I do not drive mine much any more. Today was the first time in a year that I drove it more than 30 miles.

As far as heat.... I have up-graded my exchanger. And added a fan. I also have a home made cooler box. And I just added a meth/water injector with 2 large jets. Yes I know your refering to the KB case it self.

The hottest I have ever seen the IAT2 temps with my ported heaton was 125.

Will this thing add that much more heat just running down the track?

TXLIGHTNING
12-30-2008, 02:08 PM
I think BC had every cooling option you can buy on his truck and the 2.6KB still run hot :icon_eek:

BC Lightning
12-30-2008, 02:41 PM
I think BC had every cooling option you can buy on his truck and the 2.6KB still run hot :icon_eek:

3 fans on my Fluidyne, dual radiator cooling fans, super cooler in the bed (never ran the 2.6 at the track with ice in it) and JLP I/C box

Its a bad blower (in a good way), but its definitely not made for stop and go traffic, don't get me wrong, I loved it when I had it, they just hadn't released the 3.4 Whipple when I was ready to upgrade

charlie
12-30-2008, 04:08 PM
3 fans on my Fluidyne, dual radiator cooling fans, super cooler in the bed (never ran the 2.6 at the track with ice in it) and JLP I/C box

Its a bad blower (in a good way), but its definitely not made for stop and go traffic, don't get me wrong, I loved it when I had it, they just hadn't released the 3.4 Whipple when I was ready to upgrade

LOL I can't find any one willing to trade 5k in welding stuff for a 3.4 So a 2.6KB will have to work.

Looks like I will be looking for a killer chiller next.

BC Lightning
12-31-2008, 12:08 AM
LOL I can't find any one willing to trade 5k in welding stuff for a 3.4 So a 2.6KB will have to work.

Looks like I will be looking for a killer chiller next.

I've got a killer chiller sitting on the shelf, replaced the True Forged Icey box

if you want to run a killer chiller you don't want fans on you H/E, and the stock H/E works the best

99WhiteBeast
12-31-2008, 04:22 PM

Whoops just realized your looking for 2.6 combo's:hammer: Sorry the spreadsheet I posted up was for little ole 2.3's