PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to Charlie & Steve

mustgofaster
01-02-2009, 09:39 PM
Just wanted to say thanks for the help.:tu: Now I've just got to get the parts off to the machine shop so I can put it all back together. I'll post pics of the internals when I get a chance. really, it didn't look too terribly bad for 217K on the clock... Still has crosshatch marks on the cyl walls. I'll pull the crankshaft tomorrow & see how it looks.

99WhiteBeast
01-05-2009, 12:42 PM
Anytime- wish I could have stayed longer to see the internals-but pics will do.

mustgofaster
01-05-2009, 09:06 PM
Anytime- wish I could have stayed longer to see the internals-but pics will do.

I'll post soon... I've got to go take some better pics. Hey, I was just thinking... I'm pretty sure that the bendix drive on your starter is the problem you are having, but, if you want to be sure, you can borrow my starter for a week or two just to be sure. I wish I would have thought of it while you were here. Just an idea; I won't be needing it for the next couple of weeks anyway.

99WhiteBeast
01-05-2009, 09:18 PM
I'll post soon... I've got to go take some better pics. Hey, I was just thinking... I'm pretty sure that the bendix drive on your starter is the problem you are having, but, if you want to be sure, you can borrow my starter for a week or two just to be sure. I wish I would have thought of it while you were here. Just an idea; I won't be needing it for the next couple of weeks anyway.

Thanks for the offer I may take you up on it if I can find the time to remove mine before that.

mustgofaster
01-05-2009, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the offer I may take you up on it if I can find the time to remove mine before that.

If you have time Sat morning you can drop by & pick it up before I take the engine parts off to the machine shop. That would give you a chance to see the internals too... Better than pics.