PDA

View Full Version : Got a new TV yesterday...

SVTlightning87
01-04-2009, 03:31 PM
So my cousin and I are bored lookin at the ads in the news paper when we decide to go to conns to look at tv's.So we walk in and immediately get swarmed by salesman. Were lookin at this bad ass tv and the guy asks me if I wanted it,I jokeingly said yeah run my credit.So he did and fate would have it that I got approved.Then he points me in the direction of a better TV and I take it.He says bring your truck around and I load it up for you.So I pull around the L and he comes out and first thing out of his mouth "I have one of these trucks, It's parked over there"so we load up the tv and go look at it.It was a bad ass sonic blue Lightning 6# pulley, flowmasters, K&N cold air.He wants to get rid of his bed cover and bed rug, so I got his number if anyone wants a bed rug sonic blue snug lid.I just thought that that was a pretty bad ass day.Now I'm gonna sit back and watch my new 52in LCD Flat screen :icon_mrgreen: Yeeeeah Baby

WA 2 FST
01-04-2009, 03:39 PM
Always fun to meet other L owners.

I like it b/c I don't have to explain the difference b/w an L and a regular F-150...and still have the person look at me like :confused:

Enjoy football on the big screen with hi-def!!

SVTlightning87
01-04-2009, 03:53 PM
I hate it when People look at your truck and there like,
"Oh it's a flareside!awesome interior. I like the wheels.The supercharger is stock?" I'm like yeah there all like that.

It just so happens I'm watching football right now

WA 2 FST
01-04-2009, 04:04 PM
I hear ya, brother. I've had a Gen 2 since they came out in '99. I've gotten immune to the dumb looks/comments people make. I've had plenty of people try unsuccessfully to beat me in exhibitions of acceleration, and then they look surprised as to why. It used to be funny and cool... now it is just annoying.

Most people who aren't even auto-enthusiasts do like the way these trucks look, though. Then they are surprised to know it comes that way from the factory. But once I get into performance-talk, their eyes glaze over and I know I have lost them. :rll:

dboat
01-04-2009, 04:11 PM
But once I get into performance-talk, their eyes glaze over and I know I have lost them. :rll:

yep, and it happens over 90% of the time too.. even happens with some car guys as well.. thats if you count ricers as car guys.. :evil

Dana

WA 2 FST
01-04-2009, 04:20 PM
yep, and it happens over 90% of the time too.. even happens with some car guys as well.. thats if you count ricers as car guys.. :evil

Dana

No, I don't count them b/c they think stickers and a coffee-can exhaust tip gave them 50hp.

dboat
01-04-2009, 04:22 PM
No, I don't count them b/c they think stickers and a coffee-can exhaust tip gave them 50hp.:evil:evil:tu:

TXLIGHTNING
01-04-2009, 04:23 PM
No, I don't count them b/c they think stickers and a coffee-can exhaust tip gave them 50hp.:rll:Let them keep thinking that.

my2002lightning
01-04-2009, 10:20 PM
My favorite that I've been told is "It's just another truck." :icon_mrgreen:

ZeusSVT
01-04-2009, 11:00 PM
My Favorite is "Is that one of those Lightning Trucks?":confused:

Nope, I just bought the badges and put them on myself. Here's your sign. :hammer:

PUMP
01-05-2009, 06:20 PM
No, I don't count them b/c they think stickers and a coffee-can exhaust tip gave them 50hp.
Hell, I've got an L with a KB blower and some stickers to boot.
How much horsepower does that add:icon_question:

WA 2 FST
01-05-2009, 06:22 PM
Hell, I've got an L with a KB blower and some stickers to boot.
How much horsepower does that add:icon_question:

I don't know... the KB mod added plenty to my truck. Can't speak for the stickers. ;)

TXLIGHTNING
01-05-2009, 06:40 PM
I replaced my stock radio antenna with a small 10". It reduced wind resistance and gave me an extra 15hp :d

WA 2 FST
01-05-2009, 06:41 PM
I replaced my stock radio antenna with a small 10". It reduced wind resistance and gave me an extra 15hp :d

Hahaha... I did too. But I didn't get any HP. I guess the one I got isn't as aerodynamic as yours!! I want a refund. :tongue:

TXLIGHTNING
01-05-2009, 06:47 PM
Hahaha... I did too. But I didn't get any HP. I guess the one I got isn't as aerodynamic as yours!! I want a refund. :tongue: :rll::beer: