PDA

View Full Version : C&L intake plenium + elbow is it worth buying?

In2deep
01-16-2009, 10:52 PM
Just wanted to see what you all think??? Also is a magnum powers blower worth a dam??

BC Lightning
01-16-2009, 11:26 PM
Just wanted to see what you all think??? Also is a magnum powers blower worth a dam??

No

L8 APEX
01-17-2009, 12:51 AM
No, no and no...
Replace the blower with a real blower like KB or Whipple or leave it stock.

In2deep
01-17-2009, 01:03 AM
What about porting the stock blower?

L8 APEX
01-17-2009, 01:13 AM
Doing anything with the stock blower is a waste of money unless you do it yourself for grins. Buy a real blower or stick with the bolt ons.

TXLIGHTNING
01-17-2009, 09:28 AM
No +1 Didn't see much if any improvement from my C&L plenum.

No, no and no...
Replace the blower with a real blower like KB or Whipple or leave it stock. +1 Put ya a KB with JLP sheet metal plenum or Whipple on that bad boy. Its hard to find the 2.3 KB's since KB doesn't make them anymore. But you can still find them on sale in the sale forums.

In2deep
01-17-2009, 11:01 AM
I know there are two kb's running around for the lightning i have come across them on ebay.. I want one but what else would i have to build up on the motor to make it work? This is my daily driver i don't want it unreliable!!

dboat
01-17-2009, 11:03 AM
I know there are two kb's running around for the lightning i have come across them on ebay.. I want one but what else would i have to build up on the motor to make it work? This is my daily driver i don't want it unreliable!!

For daily driver reliability... go with a 4# pulley, tune and filter.. once you go beyond that reliability will go down depending on driving style..

I have the C&L plenum and ported Eaton.. it may not add much but it does help it breathe a little better and keep the intake charge a little cooler.

Dana