PDA

View Full Version : barrett jackson ladies in red

Silver_2000
01-17-2009, 10:21 AM
the Arizona auction is on this week

I cant find any pictures but it appears that you can pay extra to have hotties in red dresses hold presentation materials whie your car is on stage

The auction must make a fortune

Mark #2
01-17-2009, 03:23 PM
the Arizona auction is on this week

I cant find any pictures but it appears that you can pay extra to have hotties in red dresses hold presentation materials whie your car is on stage

The auction must make a fortune
Good deals today, I am going to play the fantasy bid on Speed for some of today.

Mark #2
01-17-2009, 05:08 PM
They have been playing this commercial at almost every break:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8haxS5opic

dboat
01-17-2009, 05:17 PM

Thats pretty funny!!:tu:

Dana

Mark #2
01-17-2009, 05:59 PM
Eddie Van Halen is selling off his collection and they are nice cars.

TXLIGHTNING
01-17-2009, 06:33 PM
Been watching it since I got home. BJ is the shiznit! And for those that missed the UFC live today (aired live today @ 2pm from England), the replay starts @ 9pm. Gonna be sum good match ups on this card :tu:

ZeusSVT
01-17-2009, 06:58 PM

:tongue: That was pretty funny.

gbgary
01-17-2009, 08:30 PM
doug mentioned today that he thought prices were down this year. been watching tonight, saturday (which is the night for the best), and i've never seen craig jackson (and staff) have to beg bidders to get involved like he is tonight. :icon_eek: whining that the prices are "only half-way there" and "the bargin of the entire auction!" don't think there'll be any million dollar cars this year. i think i've only seen one in the 300k zone. these millionair bidders must be feeling the pinch too. :crying:

Mark #2
01-17-2009, 08:37 PM
doug mentioned today that he thought prices were down this year. been watching tonight, saturday (which is the night for the best), and i've never seen craig jackson (and staff) have to beg bidders to get involved like he is tonight. :icon_eek: whining that the prices are "only half-way there" and "the bargin of the entire auction!" don't think there'll be any million dollar cars this year. i think i've only seen one in the 300k zone. these millionair bidders must be feeling the pinch too. :crying:

I agree and Jesse Jackson's $1M 69 Camaro COPO car just a few years ago sold for $290K.

Hemi Cuda's that were selling for >$300k are now selling for $125K

gbgary
01-17-2009, 09:02 PM
I agree and Jesse Jackson's $1M 69 Camaro COPO car just a few years ago sold for $290K.

Hemi Cuda's that were selling for >$300k are now selling for $125K

reggie jackson :icon_wink:

Mark #2
01-17-2009, 09:10 PM
reggie jackson :icon_wink:
:o

gbgary
01-17-2009, 09:39 PM
:o

http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:forums.corvetteforum.com/get/images/smilies/lol.gif

Silver_2000
01-18-2009, 01:11 AM
i use the simple - could doug afford it test - this year there were MANY cool cars selling for prices I would have considered paying ... which means that the prices are way off - in the past my day was Tuesday and Wed - now it seems there are deals every day

Shiner1
01-18-2009, 09:50 AM
Ya'll can disagree, and that's OK but I think the prices are more in-line where they should be. I think it's completely wrong that a restored 60-70's muscle car sells for 500k or higher. Shelby's Cobra goes for 5 mil. Retarded..... Of course it could be that I'm just upset cause I can't afford to pay that kind of money for a car and watch it collect dust because if i drive it, it will lose it's value. I hope these guys that have spent 750k-1 mil for a cuda or superbird are now stuck with them and can't give them away. Sorry guys, that stuff just pisses me off....Rant off.

liteitup
01-18-2009, 10:23 AM
ya'll can disagree, and that's ok but i think the prices are more in-line where they should be. I think it's completely wrong that a restored 60-70's muscle car sells for 500k or higher. Shelby's cobra goes for 5 mil. Retarded..... Of course it could be that i'm just upset cause i can't afford to pay that kind of money for a car and watch it collect dust because if i drive it, it will lose it's value. I hope these guys that have spent 750k-1 mil for a cuda or superbird are now stuck with them and can't give them away. Sorry guys, that stuff just pisses me off....rant off.

amen!!

dboat
01-18-2009, 10:39 AM
Ya'll can disagree, and that's OK but I think the prices are more in-line where they should be. I think it's completely wrong that a restored 60-70's muscle car sells for 500k or higher. Shelby's Cobra goes for 5 mil. Retarded..... Of course it could be that I'm just upset cause I can't afford to pay that kind of money for a car and watch it collect dust because if i drive it, it will lose it's value. I hope these guys that have spent 750k-1 mil for a cuda or superbird are now stuck with them and can't give them away. Sorry guys, that stuff just pisses me off....Rant off.

I am just the opposite.. while its disheartening to see those cars and not be able to own one.. when they do sell for that much money, its a reflection that there is that much demand and money out there.. a sign of good times rather than bad times.. While I would like to have more money, I never feel bad about others that have more than I and can spend it.. what I would like to do is to know what and how they did things to make it and then emulate them to do the same.. sadly, its just not to be for me, but that doesnt mean it cant happen to others.. I work with folks and dont begrudge them a penny they earn. :ron:The only time I did was when professional baseball went on strike.. Economic times were bad and the average guy was making a $1M a year.. I just didnt see the need to strike and thought it was wrong to do so given what they do, the working conditions and all.. I used to go to Big League baseball games all the time until that happened. I have only been to one since, but I do attend minor league games..
So I say if guys can redo cars and make a ton of money doing so, good for them, its the American way..

Dana

Shiner1
01-18-2009, 08:44 PM
Dana, I don't begrudge people making money or people having money. I knew that when I decided to enter my field that I wasn't going to get rich doing it. Thats not the point. It's an over inflated market where guys who have money have run up the price on cars and has made it nearly impossible for the average guy to own a 60-70 era restored car. My brother-in-law is the perfect example of this. He bought an AC Cobra and refused to drive it for the 5 years he had it. He prollly put less than 250 miles on it because it would hurt the resale value...Bullshit!!! Just my .2

dboat
01-18-2009, 09:01 PM
Dana, I don't begrudge people making money or people having money. I knew that when I decided to enter my field that I wasn't going to get rich doing it. Thats not the point. It's an over inflated market where guys who have money have run up the price on cars and has made it nearly impossible for the average guy to own a 60-70 era restored car. My brother-in-law is the perfect example of this. He bought an AC Cobra and refused to drive it for the 5 years he had it. He prollly put less than 250 miles on it because it would hurt the resale value...Bullshit!!! Just my .2

John, ok,, I get it.. I misunderstood your post then..
I had a 1978 Silver Anniversary Corvette that I did the same thing too.. then if I did drive it, something would have to be fixed or the seals would go bad because it had not been driven.. so I just sold it and my other Vette at the time.. I dont have cars now that I wont drive.. why bother if you arent going to drive them and enjoy them?

Dana

Shiner1
01-19-2009, 03:15 PM
No problem Big D. I'm all for making as much bank as you can. Just hate to see things get out of each of "joe the plumber". Frankly I'd really like to have a 66-67 nova and they are still somewhat within reach but could have easily been 250K had the big buyers taken interest in them. Just hate to see the over-inflation.

Silver_2000
01-19-2009, 03:26 PM
No problem Big D. I'm all for making as much bank as you can. Just hate to see things get out of each of "joe the plumber". Frankly I'd really like to have a 66-67 nova and they are still somewhat within reach but could have easily been 250K had the big buyers taken interest in them. Just hate to see the over-inflation.
I know of a 67 Nova for sale -- They are only asking about $100k

http://joejoes632.com/images/67-NOVA-WHITE-ROCK-LAKE-600.jpg

Shiner1
01-19-2009, 03:28 PM
HaHa, Is this the Nova we were talking about Saturday night?

toddwarren
01-19-2009, 03:32 PM
Dana I knew who owned that car, they also have a 55 chevy for sale.

I had the owner of both cars insured and he committed suicide, sad deal!

Small World that you had posted the picture.

Silver_2000
01-19-2009, 03:58 PM
HaHa, Is this the Nova we were talking about Saturday night?
Yes

Silver_2000
01-19-2009, 04:00 PM

So you knew Joe ? Ive known him and his widow for about 8 years or so

http://joejoes632.com/ read the last line of the page

did you know that George (http://www.talonclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)did a lotof he work on that car ?

Christy took the 55 to Arizona for the Russo And Steele auction but it didnt sell

toddwarren
01-19-2009, 04:08 PM
I knew Joe strickly from the life insurance he bought from me. He
was fairly close with a buddy of mine that did their auto and Homeowners insurance Scott Spence.
I am afraid the market is soft and they are not going to get what they think the cars are worth right now.
I heard Joe paid 125K for the Nova? Could be urban legend though!
I had heard a on the news about a man committing suicide at a Dallas police station, and did not think much about it, then I get a call about a death claim and put it all together.

Shiner1
01-19-2009, 04:11 PM
Yes

That's not your average, everyday, run-of-the-mill Nova.:tu:

tiffo60
01-19-2009, 05:18 PM
I knew Joe strickly from the life insurance he bought from me. He
was fairly close with a buddy of mine that did their auto and Homeowners insurance Scott Spence.
I am afraid the market is soft and they are not going to get what they think the cars are worth right now.
I heard Joe paid 125K for the Nova? Could be urban legend though!
I had heard a on the news about a man committing suicide at a Dallas police station, and did not think much about it, then I get a call about a death claim and put it all together.

I work with a guy named Scott Spence, buts it not insurance so I'm sure its not the same guy, and I think this one is from Arkansas

:ron:

Silver_2000
01-19-2009, 06:26 PM
That's not your average, everyday, run-of-the-mill Nova.:tu:
here is one from BJ sold for 23k

LOT NUMBER77AUCTIONScottsdale 2009* SALE PRICE$23,100.00YEAR1969

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/staging/carlist/items/Fullsize/Cars/71635/71635_Front_3-4.jpg

dboat
01-19-2009, 06:34 PM

its always sad when someone feels that their lot is such that suicide is their only way out..

Dana